UE3 - UT3 Any way to block sound from certain places on the map?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

guitarxe

Dec 8, 2010
Any way to block ambient sound from certain places on the map?

I want to have some ambient sound of birds chirruping in my map, but I don't want it to be audible in the underground parts of the map. I'm trying to find a way to block the ambient sound from playing in those parts of the map, but haven't been able to figure out how so far.

Anyone have an idea? Reverb Volumes don't seem to affect ambient sounds at all =(

Last edited:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
You could put a trigger volume around the area you want the sound to play, then in Kismet have it play the sound while the volume is touched and stop it while it's untouched.

There's probably a better way though.

guitarxe

Dec 8, 2010
Yeah, that wouldn't really work because the map is for multiplayer.

Well, most player play with ambient sound set to zero anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Thanks, though.