1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Any Radeon users out there?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by deeznuts, Dec 5, 2001.

1. deeznuts

deeznuts Pray for the blunted

Hey guys, I'm planning on upgrading my GF2 GTS to a Radeon 64 DDR VIVO. Anyone out there have any problems running INF using openGL with a Radeon?

2. Lolo Konijn

Lolo Konijn Huppel huppel

In what way would that be an upgrade?
    I believe the GF2 GTS is just as fast as the radeon, maybe even faster

3. deeznuts

deeznuts Pray for the blunted

Well I'm giving the video card back to my cousin. He let me borrow it. I would also like to have Video in/out. GF2 that I use doesn't have Video In.

4. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

I got one of them! Radeon 64 DDR VIVO thingies!

I also do not run OpenGL. Becuase of that silly masked textures BS. Si I run it in D3D. I get minimum 24 fps, max usually up to 70 at 1280x1024 resolution. I have an Athlon 1400.

In short, UT OpenGL fukkin blows monkey goats. But with every other game I've played, it runs awesome!

5. Melee

Melee New Member

OpenGl runs fine, after a minute or so of play. Before that it seems that each texture is loaded only on demand -- ie. when you're looking at it. This means that for the first bit of play you have to look all around to get all the textures loaded up. During that time, framerate will be dung. Afterwards, however, it's pretty good.

6. Lance201

Lance201 New Member

I have an ati Radeon 64 vivo also and I prefer d3d with this card, it is much faster and in my opinion look better...

7. OzofEcity

OzofEcity New Member

I run with a ATI all in wonder RADEON 32meg DDR. (can't live without my pc tv) ... I tried open gl but couldn't adjust the brightness(Can't see anything on a night map). d3d lokked better anywayand my frames seem fine(not sure how to display fps in infiltration). A friend of mine has a geforce3 and could not adjust his brightness in opengl either so i don't know whats up there.

I can say my Radeon beats my old voodoo3 to heck in d3d!!

8. OzofEcity

OzofEcity New Member

I should add that my ATI all in wonder RADEON is on a th7 raid motherboard with p4 1.4 , 512 meg rdram and 4 X 30gig ata 100 7200rpm hard drives set in raid stripping mode.