Any news about Patch 1.3 for the PC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
The title says it all. Thanks. Also if you have info on the next PS3 patch that would be great as well.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
They've been silent about it for a while which could either mean that they've given up and don't care or that they're busy working on making the game enjoyable for the people who still play and the ones who like to whine. :p

I'm guessing it's option #2.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Well what Ive heard is the widgets should all be fixed in the UI Editor! The rest of what Ive heard can be found in the news post.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=2129904&postcount=118
I told Steve not to mention it publically until it was done :).

Im still hopeful all this secrecy means cross-platform might still be a possibility, trying not to get my hopes up too much though just incase. Would be kewl but if it doesnt happen and we just recieve an awesome patch what more could you want hey :p

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
They've been silent about it for a while which could either mean that they've given up and don't care or that they're busy working on making the game enjoyable for the people who still play and the ones who like to whine. :p

I'm guessing it's option #2.

I'm guessing that they're trying to pump out the XBox version ASAP.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Well thanks for the info folks ... if any of my old friends want to send me a link I would appreciate it. But hopefully more info will be coming soon. Its funny that I find myself waiting for the same patch from the two most graphically advanced PC shooters ... Patch 1.3 from Epic and the same from Crytek. I wonder whose patch be ready first. But anyway I am still playing GTA IV so its cool. And with the Hulk and NG2 coming I'll be busy until the 360 version of UT3 comes out and beyond. For me PC gaming is starting to lose out big time. Couple that with how fast the PC tech is evolving and man I am started to get burned out.

It seems no matter when I buy some PC equipment a few months later (or even less) a newer better product comes out for the same price and the product I just bought went way down in price. I am so tired of trying to keep up ... if this PC I currently have really can't handle games in the next year then that is it for me and it will have been a great run. With just about every game being available on consoles anyway and since I am used to using a controller it really looks like it is going in that direction. I was hoping UT3 would bring back the feeling of playing UT2K4 on the PC but it just can't for me. That's why I have no issues with a modless 360 version. The mods that are coming out these days are not of the same quality or quantity of the UT2K4 mods for the most part so it could happen that by the end of the year I am just a 360 gamer. Heck even Project Origin, Left4Dead, FarCry2, and Alan Wake will be on the 360. The only game that I am interested in that will be PC only is Stalker 2 ... but I am willing to bet that if it does well enough on the PC they will port it to the 360.

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
One of CliffyB's recent interviews (check the front page) contained something about Epic's entire workforce being directed at GOW2 and UT3 on 360. So basically, the consoles are where the money's at. Not a surprise.

Zennex

The almighty w00tfish
Jul 14, 2004
YOUR FACE!
Fight it Anuban! Don't give in to the Xbox infinitively massive 1/0 blackhole of doom. Consoles are going to do to games what the RIAA did to music. Plus, buying new stuff for your comp and tinkering are what makes PC's fun. It's just like a car, no fun unless you have to put some sweat into it.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
I don't really believe they're putting any serious effort into UT3. The game hasn't made any money for them and it's not going to. As for cross-platform, I can't believe people are still talking about this. I guess it's just such an attractive fantasy that it's hard to let go. :p

DGUnreal

Level Designer
May 22, 2006
One of CliffyB's recent interviews (check the front page) contained something about Epic's entire workforce being directed at GOW2 and UT3 on 360. So basically, the consoles are where the money's at. Not a surprise.

It's the same engine though... so the engine-based fixes always make it into the entire platform set. UT3-PC would have only a few specific items that would have to be touched independantly.

I don't really believe they're putting any serious effort into UT3. The game hasn't made any money for them and it's not going to. As for cross-platform, I can't believe people are still talking about this. I guess it's just such an attractive fantasy that it's hard to let go. :p

do you have anything to support your post?
I want to know where you are getting this information from.

Maybe wartourist would like to shed some light on this issue maybe with some sales stats or something ... i doubt he will but thats the sort of knowledge i would like to know

Shadow]I[

Dec 3, 2002
Utah
next patch should make lan work over the internet, i mean they would get more players playing online cuz i always wanna make 5 comps all connect to the same internet server (with same cd key, like you could do in ut2004/ut99) so my friends can see how fun it is without bots.

DGUnreal

Level Designer
May 22, 2006
Well I don't want to speak out of line here, and WarTourist or anyone else from Epic is welcome to smack me, but I am also in the UE Licensee area and maillist and I can state positively that there has been a large amount of work (features and fixes) done on the engine over the past few months.

A lot of people are screaming 'patch patch patch'... but if it is released too early with not enough done on it, then people are going to whine that it is incomplete. It takes time to fix a wide range of issues, and a lot of time to properly test the fixes.
I would rather wait three or four months for a good solid patch than have a quicky hotfix to one or two items in a month.

DGUnreal

Level Designer
May 22, 2006
Shadow]I[;2134649 said:
next patch should make lan work over the internet, i mean they would get more players playing online cuz i always wanna make 5 comps all connect to the same internet server (with same cd key, like you could do in ut2004/ut99) so my friends can see how fun it is without bots.

Same CD Key on 5 PCs breaks the EULA and is the same as piracy.
I purchased multiple copies of UT3 in order to play it on LAN and Internet from multiple PCs in my studio.