Any help appreciated

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
First of all a kind Hi @ all!*g*

Currently I'm working on an update of my first skinpack but I encountered a few probs:

Prob 1:
For some reason my PC seems to hate the Maya prog....After starting up, it always crashes... :mad:
I want to update the skin of my cybernetic male named "Sentinel" with a new model, which gets rid of that pipes on the back and shoulders.
Just letting the pipes disappear via the "Alpha-Channel-Trick" seems not to be enough due when equipped with damage amplifier they are still seen.
Can somebody make the model (of course I won't forget your credit), or tell me, if this has already been made (didn't find it anywhere)?

Prob 2:
A Sapphire-like-hairstyle for Fury and Elektra is also planned, but I didn't figure out how the "Alpha-Channel-Trick" mentioned above works. I've tried any possibility (except the right one I think...) to do this, but it still doesn't work! I've read tutorials and did what was said, but the areas are still shown.
I've also downloaded the dds-plugin for Paint Shop Pro 8, but I wasn't able to find the right way to save it. There are many menuoptions, and the file is always messed up at the end.
Can anybody help me with the correct options or how to make it the right way? Or can somebody do that thing and mail it to me for includance? (again credit will not be forgotten)
Obviously I'm to silly to do this at the moment. :eek:

Last but not least:
The second thing is that I'm planning a Neo and Smith Skinpack.
The Smith-Skin looks great (I'll just remake the teamcolors and make them playable in CTF4).
Then I'll be trying to reskin the Neo-Model. Body looks good so far, but the face needs a total lifting.
But first of all I want to contact the authors, if they would let me do this.
Smith's author is no prob, e-mail is in readme, but does anybody know, how to contact the author of the Neo skin?

I hope that somebody can help me out of this.

THX in advance! :)