Anti-camping features

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Alright, i have two ideas to circumvent camping with a sniper rifle on long-range maps. One of which was already mentioned by me:

If you either keep your legs idle or legs and mouse idle for a predefined amount of time;

1. A white flash appears in the distance. You hear a faint humming sound, like that of a hummingbird. The white flash stays, and it moves closer to you. As it increases in detail, you begin to make out what looks like an over-size floating hand flying at you. It stops, right in front of your face, and bitchslaps you. A short pause, then it continues to bitchslap you until you let it chase you around like a half-dead chicken for a predefined amount of time.

2. This music starts playing. Either during camping or just while the last player countdown is running.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Crowze said:

Carefull Crowze, you're going to get some flames going for being strait to the point and having your point put down as clearly as possible. Your negativism is not welcome... :rolleyes:

Deleran said:
Alright, i have two ideas to circumvent camping with a sniper rifle on long-range maps. One of which was already mentioned by me:

If you either keep your legs idle or legs and mouse idle for a predefined amount of time;

1. A white flash appears in the distance. You hear a faint humming sound, like that of a hummingbird. The white flash stays, and it moves closer to you. As it increases in detail, you begin to make out what looks like an over-size floating hand flying at you. It stops, right in front of your face, and bitchslaps you. A short pause, then it continues to bitchslap you until you let it chase you around like a half-dead chicken for a predefined amount of time.

2. This music starts playing. Either during camping or just while the last player countdown is running.

no.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
@Derelan:
Sounds like SC.

@ravens_hawk:
CS has this allready, but the hand is invisible and no music.

@Crowze:
:lol:

@geobob:
:lol:

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I second crowze on every single point. Especially the part when he says "no".

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
I think some of you people just hate snipers. Hell, the scope already bounces unrealistically on the PSG-1 and the RC50. It should be about the same as the ACOG on the M4. What do you expect on a long range map? Of course there are going to be snipers. You just got to use all available cover to get near enough to lob a grenade at em. You can even do this in RTK if you have enough time and don't mind running around the map to outflank them.

Let there be realism.

Oh yeah, NO.

Last edited:

-\Zeta-

Rave-0-Lution
May 22, 2004
canada
...i guess camper must be shown like ASault objective instead .. And the camper's Big name up of it

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
I would seriously love to see a mutator that allows me to specify per map the max number of sniper rifles allowed in a teams loadout and the weapon to replace any additionals with. The mutie would then randomly select the players that get to keep the rifles against those that don't. Perhaps it could even log them to an INI (like Teamstay does) so that it does a round robin so that a person does not get a sniper rifle twice until everyone else who has it in their loadout has a chance.

To me this would be a lot better than turning them off altogether, which is our only current option. Sniper Rifles are realistic....60% of the squad carrying one is not.

Falke

May 28, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Counterproposal:
Do you think its easy to camp all day and nothing happens, why can't we have a Gameboy or something similar in our loadout so we can play Tetris or whatever during the waiting for the enemy. ;-)

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
LOL, I can see that, you can camp in Infiltration and play Infiltration on your mini computer in which you can camp in Infiltration and play Infiltration on your mini computer in which you can camp in Infiltration and play Infiltration on your mini computer in which you can camp in Infiltration and play Infiltration on your mini computer in which you can camp in Infiltration and play Infiltration on your mini computer in which you can camp in Infiltration and play Infiltration on your mini computer in which you can camp in Infiltration and play Infiltration on your mini computer in which you can camp in Infiltration and play Infiltration on your mini computer in which you can...