Anthogy Version Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
I have had to reinstall UT Anthology and for some odd reason UT now refuses to work properly under D3D. It goes from slooow to warp speed depending on how much there is to render, or if I just face the wall, which nerfs the sound too.
Oh, it's even slooow in the menu.
Now if I use System it works fine, a little sound crackle but nothing noticable... but whenever I try to play the game decides to stick my settings up it's arse and switch to a stupid little [****ing small number] X [****ing small number] resolution window which is impossible to use on my [penis extension] X [gargantuan mammoth cock] resolution monitor, and if I put back in fullscreen... ugh... my "dot" becomes something out of MS paint, and I can't headshot for ****.

So... yeah... fix it, yeah?

Oh, no I'm not using dual core. Think top of the line in 2003-2004.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
I knew that...
Thankys weird egyptian dude...

What is it with you people and Open GL? I've never had it work on any of the three (admittedly clunky) PC's I've owned since UT was released. Or could that be the problem?
Anyways, will try this, then the D3D8... fingers crossed!

Fuzz_Ball

Aug 18, 2010
AZUSA
Dr., Did you fix your problem?

I ran into a similar problem with Anthology on a laptop that had run UT99 flawlessy until the disk crashed.
For the new build, I installed Anth.

After a lot of frustration, a friend suggested I configure my Power Settings prior to running UT for the 1st time. (Tired of reinstalling, I changed the power settings and removed the UT.ini and User.ini so UT could create new ones).

Seems to have done the trick as gl stuff didn't have the desired effect for me either.

It has something to do with varying the power for laptops and perhaps hibernate / standby.

I changed Power Scheme to Always On or Home/Office Desk , Standby & Hibernate to Never and UT has been normal ever since!

Attachments

• Power.JPG
    Power.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: