Another SSP update, now with more PCP! KILL YOUR PARENTS!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Here's a quick cut and paste from the readme. It not only describes the single coolest mutator ever, but it will get you so amped up to play it you will seriously kick your mom straight in the FACE!

SSP Readme said:
The Species Stats Plus Three Step Program to Success is finally here! Impress your friends, startle your relatives, and woo your lovers with this simple and effective wealth building program! No money down cash exchanges, day trading, real estate, this program HAS IT ALL! Read sworn testimony from perhaps dozens of people who have no only become filthy stinking rich, but also industry leading professionals in their craft! Your head will spin so quick it will twist right off your shoulders and roll down the street! ITS THAT EXCITING!!!!
As a one time added bonus Ive also included the most excellent Player Classes Plus mutator! This offshoot of Species Stats Plus enables per team classes of the awesome kind! Skaarj versus Hellions, Skaarj versus Robots, the possibilites are nigh-endless! In fact, if you arent jumping for joy at this very moment, YOU SHOULD DIE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DEFECTIVE SENSE OF RAD!!!!!!

Three Steps to Success:
===========================================================================================
First step: Extract everything in this archive (excepting this text file) into your UT2004 directory, overwrite where necessary.
*Bonus First-And-A-Half Step*: Go to the controls menu and set up the button to use abilities and open the class select menu (PCP only)
Second step: Play!

Amazing Life-Changing Features:
===========================================================================================
Improves upon the stock mutator "Species Statistics" theme and idea. Each species has unique combat statistics, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses! Each species can also have special abilities to further define them, one 'Command' (or Active) ability and up to three 'Passive' (or Reactive) abilities! Also, each species has a 'preferred weapon' that they will always join into the fight with! To top it all off, the whole flea-circus is fully customizable! You dont like the default settings? With our patented Configuration Menu you can set things up the way YOU want them! Burgerking, eat your heart out!

PCP changes the rules of the game by not only giving players statistical and ability differences, but specific roles to play during the fight. Each class has some cool ability that makes them awesome, gotta catch em all!

Known Issues:
1) Some sounds dont work properly over the network.
2) A handful of the effects suck. A couple dont exist.
4) The tooltip description for the C-Ability and P-Ability selector dont get set when the menu is first openened.
5) A death message or two might be incorrect.
6) Issue number 3 turned invisible
7) PCP's GUI layout is still horrible, no matter what I do

Unknown Issues:
1) I'm not sure.
2) Um... Still not sure.

Credits:
You (Thanks for enjoying this mutator... unless you didnt enjoy, then look at the Non-Credits below)
Inkless (Lots of advice, helping teach me UScript and letting me rip off his Riftwar concept almost to a T)
Kangus (Big Cheese of the WMP, boss of all us mutants)
Postal (The day that Postal stops showing interest in mutators is the day the world ends, I **** you not.)
Azymn (Tons of ideas, feedback, and that mango I got in the mail. I know it was you!)
SolaceEternal (Grand ideas that my lazy ass hasn't implimented.)
ROFL 451 (Your dad might have a PhD, but he doesnt get all the ladies)
Fallen Angel (Called me Goat I think... that definitely deserves credit)
Glocksteady (The only person I could sucker into multiplay testing this thing)
Sir_Brizz (The guy who made Customizable Species Stats for 2k3!)
Every 'Guest' at the WMP forums (The offer still stands)
Epic (Without you this wouldn't have been possible)
QAPete (U roxorz mah boxorz ^_^)
The Internet (Serious business)

Non-Credits:
You (This mutator is great, you suck for not enjoying it... Unless you did, then check the Credits above)
Everyone Else (No credit for you, sorry. You suck.)

Uninstalling:
Erase your entire UT2004 directory. Jerk. You you shouldnt ever want to uninstall this mutator.
Ok, ok. Seriously. Look for and remove Animations/SSPAnim.ukx, StaticMeshes/SSPStatics.Usx, System/SpeciesStatsPlus.u, System/SpeciesStatsPlus.ucl, System/SpeciesStatsPlus.int, System/SpeciesStatsPlus.ini, and Textures/SSPTex.utx

So what does all this mean to you and me? Well, at this point in time it means that im attaching the most recent, most improved, and most exciting version of this mutator since creation! A full featured configuration menu has been added, so you can finally customize your species without having to dig through a gang of text just to make the Robots kill stuff in one shot! There are 31 abilities included in this version: 23 command abilities and 8 passive abilities! (Wait a minute, before there were 11 passive abilities... Yes, youre right. But quite a few of them flat out sucked ass, so Ive removed them while Im in the process of removing the suck)

THATS RIGHT! There are more abilities than species! What this means is that YOU can pick and choose which ones go to who! Try em all out, lets see which ones suck the most, eh? :)

But wait, we're not done yet! Player Classes Plus, a mutator based mostly on SSP has been included for your enjoyment! With this mutator, each team will be able to pick from a set of themed classes (Hellions, Skaarj, Mercenaries, for example) and therein lies the awesome! A gang of burley thunderdome type scavengers battling it out with futuristic robots, TO THE DEATH. Its so awesome I had to change my pants because I soiled them...
TWICE

There is a keybind to set though, just look in your Controls menu to find it. For anyone who doesnt want to do that the command is mutate SpeciesCommand just like the old versions. Also, now that PCP is in the mix, you might as well bind mutate ChangeClass to some button, so you can change classes

Now, without further rambling... here it is! :)

PS: Tell your mom I'm sorry that she got kicked in the face :(

Attachments

• SpeciesStatsPlus 1-Jackalope.zip
    414.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Great, next Wong will redo Riftwar in a mutator ... ;) If I can pull myself away from making weapon effects spawn on the left side of screen, I'll try to give this a whack.

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Just played a WHOLE CRAPLOAD of games with this mute. Im a bit partial, but noone seemed to mind the extra variety it added. I did find a couple problems though. A few minor AN's and a weird bug with the Dual AR ability in maps that the origin ( vect(0,0,0) ) is in the void... Will be fixed shortly.

Last edited:

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Ok, fixed a couple of the bugs. Dual assault rifles should spawn for you no matter which map you're in. I also changed the Gen Mo'Kai ability, they now regen 1 health a second.

Last edited:

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Another update. Added an effect to the Vampire ability, as well as tweaked the crap out of it. Increased the rate of health gain on it, but it's also limited in two ways:
if the amount of health the player would receive is less than 2 points, it doesnt leech.
Nightmare characters can no longer leech health from vehicles.

Also, theres an option to enable 'per species weapons' which will spawn you with the weapon selected as the 'preferred' weapon for that species.

And as an added bonus! I included a 'fixed' invasion gametype. Monsters can get their health leeched with the vampire ability now, and species damage output factors in against them finally. between round ammo-restocking works again too!

Last edited:

Azymn

Apr 10, 2004
Great work DrWong, i love the spec stats mutator and have been waiting for someone to flesh it out like this.

FyreBall Starr

Xan's got nothing on this.
Feb 28, 2004
WTF!!!!
NOONE TOLD ME SIR BRIZZ MADE A CUSTOMIZABLE SPECIES STATS MUTETOR!!!!!

ULL ALL DIE FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!

Can someone give me a link to Sir Brizzes CSS mutator

P.S. Good work Wong

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
FyreBall Starr said:
WTF!!!!
Can someone give me a link to Sir Brizzes CSS mutator
No, which is why i made this :p Brizz hasnt ported it yet as far as i know.
Config menu coming eventually. Dunno how long, dont really feel like screwing with GUI crap for a while :)

Azymn

Apr 10, 2004
DrWong,

Beautiful job on the Mut - two problems i ran into.

Because of the minimum of 2 damage leech, the minigun doesn't provide any health back to vampires when used on damage-reducing characters (like Juggernauts).

Also, in Instagib (where species stats are far less useful), the Thorns ability of the Egyptians causes instakills back to anyone shooting an Egyptian, hehe.

I had a thought on differentiating some of the other races: perhaps in addition to giving them DARs, you could slightly increase the rate of fire for Mercs/Hellions to also signify 'battle-readiness.'

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Azymn said:
Because of the minimum of 2 damage leech, the minigun doesn't provide any health back to vampires when used on damage-reducing characters (like Juggernauts).

Also, in Instagib (where species stats are far less useful), the Thorns ability of the Egyptians causes instakills back to anyone shooting an Egyptian, hehe.

I had a thought on differentiating some of the other races: perhaps in addition to giving them DARs, you could slightly increase the rate of fire for Mercs/Hellions to also signify 'battle-readiness.'
Ok... hmm... Ill have to mess with the math for the leeching i suppose. Yeah, i think i know how i can mess with it without causing huge trouble...

And EGAD! Ok, ill have to screw with how it works in IG... Never really tested it out, thanks for bringing that to my attention :) Perhaps i can just disable the species abilities in IG, seeing as how none of them will mean much of anything :p Who needs to regen health when you die in one shot, or whats the point of negating the push of a weapon if it explodes you instantly? ;)

Sadly though, i cant make any changes to fire rates due to some changes epic made to how weapons' firemodes are accessed... But, as a compromise, you got any ideas for 'on command' abilities for the races? Im thinking something like an offhand grenade for the merc/hellions... but aside from that, i dont have the slightest for the other races :p Maybe some sort of fake melee for the skaarj, where they play that slashing animation and do a bit of knockback or something...

Azymn

Apr 10, 2004
Yeah, disabling it for IG would be fine - the stats truly don't work with 1-shot kills.

I'm also a coder, so i can totally appreciate how class structuring limits the possibilities.
As far as other possible modifiers...perhaps a boosted ammo pickup, where picking up 10 rockets actually counts as 15.

Offhand abilities - that would be cool.
Mercs/Hellions: a grenade does sound cool.
Skaarj: yeah, alot of people wanted to use those claws they all have - its a great idea.
Gen Mo'Kai: Jump attack - landing on characters deals damage and knockback.
Egyptian: Perhaps something like Apox Matrix moves, where you can crouch in midair and you can hold your position?
Juggernaut: A ground slam that knocks others back in a radius around them.
Robots: Self-destruct - deals damage to certain radius on death, like a shock combo or something.

Just a few ideas, i'm not sure where you wanna take this.

Oh, one question: what do the weapon preferences do exactly?

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
if the weapon preferences arent doing anything, go into your UT2004/System folder and delete the xUpgraded.ini. I added that property in the last version and if you used the mutator before it wouldnt set the weapon prefs correctly.

Azymn

Apr 10, 2004
bAllowSpeciesWeapons=True
is in the *.ini file - i think i've only gotten your most recent version.
I'm just not sure what it does.

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
If its enabled it should spawn you with a weapon based on your species. In those SavedSpeciesRecords variables, at the end should be the WeaponAffinity property. If its not working the problem might be that those properties are empty or missing... or that the latest version here is outdated by at least a month :p Ill post a new version.

New to this version: Tweaked some stuff, hopefully fixed the oddness in IG. Added a new command "Mutate SpeciesCommand" only used for Merc/Hellions now. Yes! Offhand grenades! General tweakage all around. Suggest erasing any xUpgraded.ini if youve got one to let the updated species stats/ability lists take effect. Still no GUI, coming some day. Working on new OnCommand abilities atm.

Last edited:

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Another update. Fixed some weird aiming issues with the grenades. Now they should hit what youre aiming at. Also, i gave the Gen Mo'Kai a halo styled sticky plasma grenade. Its green though, because in the unreal universe plasma is green.
Again, you need to bind mutate SpeciesCommand to a button... i suggest F or Q ;) None of the other races have 'on command' abilities yet, but ive cooked up a couple ideas.

Last edited: