Another idea DM-Swamprat :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
Great idea AH, the screen really looks awsome! I expected that Murkwood was only the beginning of a new sort of maps :tup:

Some (or even all) buildings could be built on stakes so one could dive under it and attack from below. A group of these buildings could be connected by wooden bridges (on stakes or hanging).

@ jaymian, noprob. request and if I have some textures you'll get em ;)

TitanBlue :con:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
angelheart... just remember: if everything goes right you'll be able to build a massive swamp level with extreme detail and as much fog as you want in about three weeks

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
Yup, straight off of PU :
Unreal II...Delayed? - redef - Comment!
2/25/02 13:53 PST - General Unreal II News
Yay, Unreal 2 news, it has to be good, right?! Well, not really. According to GameFaction Unreal II has been delayed until the 21st of June. An official press release regarding this wasn’t released, but I’m sure that almost everyone suspected a later release date than May.
We don't like to bring you bad news twice in one day, but Infogrames Unreal 2 has been slightly delayed and now will be released on 21st June 2002.
:(

Loosecontroll

Mountain Freestyler!
Everone and especially u angelheart, do not take this the wrong way as u are the legendary mapmaker......BUT DM-Swamprat looks good still, but exactly the same as murkwood, whats going on. at least make a huge outdoor area in this one to make it different!......

what happend to all other ideas.....2019, china, peter pan...etc

They would KICK serious BUTT.........

One idea for swamprat is to have the large jungle area again but surrounded by rock and cliffs which leads to a more open area with skybox, army base, a few trees scattered around and so on.......

cheers.

p.s...still think your one DUDE though......

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
Loosecontroll, the biggest problem was to make a forest with (sorta) realistic looking trees. A forest like Murkwood was nearly impossible until AH found a kind of workaround for the poly-problem. Of couse you could map a detailed forest... but with the current UT-engine it would run below 1 FPS even on an intel P8-10GHz

Go back to the original Murkwood-thread and see how these forest is done. IMO, and I'm not a mapper, the transition from a Murkwood-like forest to an open area with skybox would be poly-overkill.

TitanBlue :con:

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
Thankyou TitanBlue, you took the words right outa my mouth, but here they are anyway.
Its just an adaptation of Murkwood, thats all. You have to realise that it's impossible to do forests in UT. Thats why there aren't any. The moment you put in an open area of any kind the polys start hitting silly levels. Its how it is because it was forced to be that way by the limitations of the Engine, not because I like it that way. I hoped that maybe someone would look at what I did and improve upon it, which I think is easily possible. But I just trundle along spewing out Ideas, leaving this wake of nice looking half executed just barely playable levels behind me. Thats the way I work, I don't think I have ever done a map that I couldn't have done much better if I'd spent more time on it. But there's always a new and better idea in my head that I want to realise. I almost never go back to a level and even look at it once its released, Just can't stand to see all the bits I know I could have improved upon. They are more like sketches than finished paintings. Take them or leave them, I'll still keep doing them I guess.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
you can do forests with outdoor areas, but therefore you have for example to use warzones, movers, triggers, a layout designed with some special limitations,...

i planed to do such a map quite some time ago, and i know how it could be done, but its just to much work and to likely to produce bugs

Loosecontroll

Mountain Freestyler!
Yeah i guess' sorry guys i hope i didn't sound harsh as i didn't mean to be.

But like usual map looks good...BUT ONE QUESTION I WILL ALWAYS ASK ANGELHEART AND WILL KEEP BUGGING U TILL THEY ARE DONE IS DM_2019 AND A CHINESE THEMED MAP......

please please please................

ummmm...once again sorry for that..

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
no need to say sorry man. I don't take offence at any comments made about my stuff, unless its about lens flares :D

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
AH,
Would this map become unplayable with fog? If not, and it's not too much trouble, could you release a version that has fog? I have no idea how much work it would be, so feel free to tell me to cram it.

CoMaNdore<TBF>

#define _FAMAS_USER_H
Jan 1, 2002
Norway
irc.tizite.com
AH: Is there anyway that you may fix murkwood from crashing afa2
And this map is going to rock !
add as much water as possebly and some "traps" like _ _
|_|
with water !

And more stuff from the trees !!! like lians (the lot tarzan swings inn)
and some biges over the water !
and last:
plz <! more direction inn this map than you did in murkwood !>

AH YOU MAKES INF SOMTHING SPESIAL !!!!!!

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
Woot!!! AH is the man.... please make sure this one stays on AFA , i dont care if it crashes the server and all we can play is SwampRat:p Well.... maybe not... but still, hopefully this masterpeice will work. :)