Another brief update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
There will be a mutator that you can select which vehicles that will randomly apear near the flag on a PathNode in a original CTF map lololol.

....Here i got you guys worried, again ;)

heyqule

Apr 22, 2006
For the overlapping map issue, Epic should develop a system which is allow to do mutli gametypes in one map.

For example, a overlapping map in CTF and Bombrun, all it need is replacing the flag with the goal.

The layout of the map, like weapons placements, treat as a layer, so different gametype may have different layer. The map name something like "[CTF_BR_DM]blablabla" and the game will recognize the map in those 3 catagories.

killalot0

May 26, 2005
Kantham said:
Here's something

Some people play sniper maps.
Some people like maps like these.
Some people like games like Pariah/Warpath.
Some people like halo.
Some people like CS:S.
Some people like vDM.

There will be server using them, maybe they will have servers that mix both that would be the worse that could happen.

heres something

some people are talking about vehicles in dm, not about some game you should play when you dont like unreal tournament.
the thing i was trying to say in my former post is this. vehicles in a DM are plain stupid, players on foot will just get spawnraped by goiliaths mantas.. whatever. if DM will be the soul element of a vehicle oriented game.. well i just cant see that to work. you will just get all the things people don't like about onslaught :) like camping spawns and other camping activities. if u wanna kill people with vehicels and get points for it you can allready. Go play onslaught and get in the nearest manta. pancake away!( preferably in the enemy base you'll get most points and points>all)

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Bullet10k said:
You realize putting vDM will make other gametypes suffer as in not getting enough maps, and not enough effort being put into them. They are only shipping with 40 maps...and so far we have ONS, Warfare, CTF, vCTF, 1v1, TDM/FFA, and vDM. That's 7 gametypes already for 40 maps....do the math

It WAS stated that some of the maps will be available for several game types.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
killalot0 said:
Go play onslaught and get in the nearest manta. pancake away!( preferably in the enemy base you'll get most points and points>all)

Epics are fixing a lot of things apparently. They will probably create versions of vehicles for vDM especialy once you run vDM. Meaning the tank would have like 200 HP less and less splash damage.

I'm not saying that i like or hate it, but i already wanted to see vDM, but not as the way that it would play in UT2004.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Einstijn said:
oh jeez that would be bad :(
althoug i have never seen that feign dead.

but why would they do that ?
it doesnt make the game any funner
It was that way in the original UT. There were no death messages, except in the little side log everyone has, and you could lay down and pretend to be dead.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Einstijn said:
but what i am missing are the big words YOU KILLED BLABLA
are they just missing cause its a e3 demo ?
there must be something saying you killed it otherwise it sucks just like counterstrike :p

Your mouse will rumble. If you haven't got a mouse that can rumble, a message box will pop-up, everytime you kill somebody. After that, your game will crash and you will be unable to launch UT2k7 unless you get a mouse with rumble. *cough* CellFactor *cough* PhysX card *cough*

killalot0

May 26, 2005
Kantham said:
Epics are fixing a lot of things apparently. They will probably create versions of vehicles for vDM especialy once you run vDM. Meaning the tank would have like 200 HP less and less splash damage.

I'm not saying that i like or hate it, but i already wanted to see vDM, but not as the way that it would play in UT2004.

fair enough :)

Vance

Dec 7, 2005
Marion, VA
Yeah, I say ther will be a DM and VDM. but think how crazzy it will be in VDM. and how much pc power you must have to run it!

Einstijn

DutchDude
May 11, 2006
Th3 Netherlands
OK now i am confused

first they say NO UT2K7 ON XBOX 360
then microsoft says so on the site so we all believe it and make love
then i see they took it of the site so NO UT2K7 ON XBOX 360
and they say it was a minor mistake
and now i see this interview
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2958&Itemid=2

and there Midway's David Zucker ( the legend ) says

''There’s also Unreal Tournament 2007 for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Epic’s latest is mind-blowing, and I believe one of the stars of the show.''

ALSO XBOX 360

ARGH i am so confused now
and i am not even a woman :s

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Midway doesn't really know anything about UT2007, they are just spouting out some random crap from time to time. Sometimes it is true and sometimes it was not even meant to be said before 2 months later. Sometimes it's just a bull****. They're not really that relieable. If Midway says something, you would still want to wait for Epic confirming it.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Kantham said:
Some people like vDM.

I think if they make it an official gametype then when you go ingame or respawn you should have a choice as to what vehicle your going to spawn into namely your never out of the vehicle and always driving around killing everyone instead of running around looking for a damn tank or something.