1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Another basic question

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by pailhead, Jan 1, 2001.

1. pailhead

pailhead New Member

Here's another one :) Is there a way I can start my level from the editor without having bots startup? I know this is probably a basic question but I'm new to editing under Unreal. (last real editing was Doom <G>)

Thanks...

pailhead

2. ChrisToth.hu

ChrisToth.hu Level Designer

You could start the game with bots and then disable bots, quit and when you start it for the next time bots shouldn't be there.

OR: You could change the Default gametype (Levelinfo) to UTIntro (Actor-Info-Gameinfo). This will disable the HUD, bots, your model... Just you and your level.
    But this could cause weird things to happen, like not working teamcannons, etc...

3. TaoPaiPai

TaoPaiPai Commisaire Van Loc

edit the level properties (menu view->level properties).
    ine the click in the levelInfo->gametype field.
    You'll have the class browser select info->gameinfo->unrealgame->singlePlayer(highlight it).
    Now get back to the level properties and click use (in the gametype field).
    Then you'll play your level as a sp level (no bots).When you have finished editing you must set the gametype back to dm if it's a dm map.

4. ChrisToth.hu

Yeah but that will disable stuff for UT and enable Unreal 1 things...I don't like it. IMHO it can mislead you more than the UTIntro thing...but it's relative. If U like it more then use it.

5. pailhead

pailhead New Member

Great thanks guys.. appreciate the help :)

pailhead

6. ChrisToth.hu

You're welcome! :)