anny one wanna play my map?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RayTracer

Dec 27, 2001
www.klikprodukties.nl
i only used origanal utx files (i think) i got bonus pack 1 & 4 installed, but i gues u do also. haven't got anny complaints from my fellow clan members.... can tell me wich utx file u need?

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
i have the bonus packs already. I choose not to use them on the HDD where i do my mapping for fear of using non-original files in the maps. This way i know that everyone can play it, not just the ones who want to install the bonus packs.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
A great trick:

Add a directory in your UT folder called ThirdParty. Add in that folder 4 more called Maps, Textures, Music and Sounds.

Now load UnrealTournament.ini and look for the lines

Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.unr
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx

add these directly underneath

Paths=../ThirdParty/Maps/*.unr
Paths=../ThirdParty/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../ThirdParty/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../ThirdParty/Music/*.umx

Now whenever you get a third party map/mod/anything. Put all the files in the third party folders instead of the normal UT ones. They will still work in-game and in the editor, but it's RELLY helpfull in keeping all you 3rd party things seperate.

I myself also have seperate folders for my maps,textures etc. and another for Unreal1 maps&music. My .ini looks like this:

Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.unr
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Paths=../Maps/Unreal/*.unr
Paths=../Music/Unreal/*.umx
Paths=../ThirdParty/Maps/*.unr
Paths=../ThirdParty/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../ThirdParty/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../ThirdParty/Music/*.umx
Paths=../ThirdParty/Bot40s/Maps/*.unr
Paths=../ThirdParty/Bot40s/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../ThirdParty/Bot40s/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../ThirdParty/Bot40s/Music/*.umx

As far as I know, this does not alter the speed that things take to load but it might. I haven't noticed any changes.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I can't take credit for that lol I think it was 077Mike that posted it on NaliCity a while back. It's damn usefull though