ANNOUNCERS!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nordoch

Dec 17, 2004
Flexx said:
UT2003 Announcer is the only one I need
he fits this game perfectly

FLEXX I completly agree with you, coz the game is all about excitement, n he makes the HOLYYY SHIIIIITTT....kill look real nasty and not to forget WICKED SICK....!!!!!!!!!!!!! also FLAK MONKEY..........

Last edited:

Nordoch

Dec 17, 2004
Linten said:
The UT2003 guy is so pumped, he rules.

OOOOHHHH YEEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plz plz plz Mike Capps..plz consider the WICKED ANNOUNCER..plz

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I dont care what announcer they have as long as the damn thing works. The evil announcer for 2k4 i the shat, but some announcements it reverts back to the 2k3 announcer :mad: Same with the female/sexy.

Apr 11, 2006
UT99 announcer. Same guy as the 2k3 + 2k4 evil, except he sounds like he takes the game seriously without being too over the top. The 2k3 one is so joke-y I can't stand it. I really hope they get rid of "Wicked Sick" + "Ludicrous Kill" + "Holy Shiat" too. If we really need classifications that high lets put some more intermediary ones in, not add dumb jokes as the highest level of achievement. I mean, honestly, who at Epic thought it was a good idea to incorporate game-y, insider type jokes into the game? Why not add in the "Yarisugi" of UT99 Monster Hunt? Amusing as this stuff may be to Epic, for me it's always been one of those reasons 2k3 was such a horrible game. Putting in stuff that deliberately breaks my suspension of disbelief is just a bad move, period.

I use the female announcer a lot as well, but it depends on the gametype -- All the AS announcements are female so I like to have the same announcer for that.

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
Nordoch said:
UT 2003 Announcer...man he RULES..!!! :2thumb: :rockon: one of the WICKED ANNOUNCERZ...EVER!!!!!!! :eek2:
Please.
Quit.
Posting.

And I would have to go with the Classic announcer. The 2k3 guy was too overdone. The Female announcer was nice, I guess, though I went with Classic because of the nostalgia. :')

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
Wail of Suicide said:
UT99 announcer. Same guy as the 2k3 + 2k4 evil, except he sounds like he takes the game seriously without being too over the top. The 2k3 one is so joke-y I can't stand it. I really hope they get rid of "Wicked Sick" + "Ludicrous Kill" + "Holy Shiat" too. If we really need classifications that high lets put some more intermediary ones in, not add dumb jokes as the highest level of achievement.
I agree with the second half of this. Imo MONSTER KILL should be the top kill... After that they get lame, and also too hard to pull off. The fact that Ludricous Kill and Holy Poop exist automatically takes the shine of a MONSTER KILL, and MONSTER KILLs should be awesome. Or something. Exactly the same deal with Godlike, it sounds so much cooler than Wicked Sick and should be the highest accolade.

I do like the 2k3 announcer though :x

Lopar-XL

Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.
Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
JohnDoe641 said:
Other than her, the british accent chik, the origional UT announcements, and maybe a robot/skaarj voice would be neat. :tup:

Hmm...that gives me an idea...

MARVO said:
It would be cool if you could record your own voice...

You can use UED, but it's much easier with Paul Catalano's Announcer Packager.

Synastren said:
Please.
Quit.
Posting.
Why? We've all got our opinions.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
I use 2k3 for status and Classic for rewards. Perhaps they could bring back the mk announcer, other than that I cant really think of anything good.

I vote sweeny announcer ftw!

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I only use the "classic"-announcer for rewards and the normal female announcer for status (Assault and Onslaught)

Lopar-XL said:
You can use UED, but it's much easier with Paul Catalano's Announcer Packager.
I`m also playing with the thoughts of making an announcer with my voice, when I`ve more time, maybe I`ll try it out.
But this will definitaly go into the robotic section, else it would be way to much to hear my voice as char-voice and announcer :lol:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
All of the classical anoucers from the series should be available, but I think the default anouncer of the UT2007 should be something new, to give it a bit of freshness!

Maybe a Necris announcer, just not one with a dumb voice like in UC2! They would have to use a godly otherwordly voice that has alot of bass, or a mettalic voice that screeches tyrannically.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
gregori said:
All of the classical anoucers from the series should be available, but I think the default anouncer of the UT2007 should be something new, to give it a bit of freshness!

Maybe a Necris announcer, just not one with a dumb voice like in UC2! They would have to use a godly otherwordly voice that has alot of bass, or a mettalic voice that screeches tyrannically.

I second that!:D

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Scream for me!

gregori said:

A bit f freshness is great, but last ime they tried doing a new style of announcer in UT2003 it sounded horribly cheesy. Fresh is good, only if it's done well.

Jrubzjeknf said:
Asia Carrera Announcer! \o/

Now that is a good idea :tup:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
A fresh new announcer would be nice, but they should also include the classic ones in case they manage to make a fresh but weak new announcer voice.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Maybe, Just maybe they should make the announcer less canned!

Make the annoucer into a character in the Unreal universe itself, though you would never actually directly see them. Rather than repeating a selection of phrases, you'd feel like they're spectating and announcing on the actual events of the match.

I reckon the Announcer should be able to alter their tone/pitch/loudness etc depending on the situation. For example if the player performs an excellent frag, the announcer will be more lively and enthuasiastic about it!

Atm, the announcer is very canned and boring, which is fine for UT99 which is seven years old, but Epic has the technical expertise to do more than this these days, esp if it wants to stand out from the crowd!

UT2k3 had two sports commnetators on the intro clip, but it never featured them again and didn't develop them further. UC2 had Malcolm and a Robot as commentators during video clips. Aswell as an announcer, Epic should also have some commentator characters for video clips, spectating etc.