Anime mod (not just an idea, construction already underway)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
UTAnime is an anime* mod I have been working on for a little over a month now. It is not based on any particular series but rather focusing on the look and feel of an anime. Don't think that this is an just another standard mod though. It will be a mix of multiple shows as well as of things we create completely from scratch by ourselves including features such as multiple ammo types and fire modes for many weapons, intelligent weapons, ammo, and items that have their own AI, and even maps with over 500 TRILLION TRILLION combinations which change every time you play them ensuring you must always be ready for the unexpected. Combine all of that with the fact that many weapons react and interact with the weapons of your enemy and you had better be on your toes because the strategy and on-the-fly thinking bring gameplay to a new level. Those aren't just ideas either, the bases for all those systems are already completed and in working order.

Progress has been wonderful so far, so great in fact that things are growing at such a rapid pace that I can no longer keep up by myself and need to bring on more team members. Below are a list of jobs currently available and as you can see there are plenty. The most important thing of course is that you are an anime fan.

1 Webmaster: Somebody to build, host, and maintain a professional website.
1-3 Programmers: You don't need to be a god but you should at least be able to able to code the UT rocket launcher and rockets from scratch. Of course exceptions can be made if you you are highly skilled in a specific area that I and the other programmers lack in.
2-4 Character Artists: These people are responsible for modeling and animating character models as well as working with texture artists to skin them. Style is everything.
1-2 Modellers: Responsible for creating all meshes other than character models, including weapons, items, pickups, projectiles, and effects. Ability to animate meshes is a plus.
1-2 Animators: Will help with animating characters and meshes.
2-3 Texture Artists: Responsible for creating a variety of images and animated images as well as working with modellers to skin characters/meshes.
1-2 Sound Artists: Must be capable of creating a variety of quality sounds from footsteps to explosions to gunshots to everything else needed, all anime-style of course.
1-2 Music Composers: Cowboy Bebop, Blue Sub #6, Agent Aika. A mix of upbeat jazz and dance music, style is everything. If you don't know what I'm talking about don't even bother.
2+ Voice Actors: Must be able to speak Japanese No seriously, you have to be able to speak Japanese well. Both male and female needed.
1 Japanese Writer: Must be able to write Japanese well and work with texture artists to import Japanese writing into game.

You can of course hold multiple positions if you are capable of doing so. I personally will not only be doing much of the design and management but will also be doing a good portion of the coding, modelling, and mapping, as well as some web design if needed. Unfortunately as many of you may have noticed there are no mapper positions open yet. At such early stages we do not yet require custom maps but don't worry we will very shortly and I'll be sure to let you all know.

Anyone who may be interested or wants more information is welcome to contact me via email at gamehelp@home.com , on AIM s/n SoSilencer, or via private messages. I look forward to hearing from everyone, this is gonna be a blast.

*This is an anime mod not a hentai mod. While we WILL have our fair share of schoolgirls and short skirts we will not be raping them, especially not with tentacles, so please don't ask (it's getting annoying). Think along the lines of Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Agent Aika, DoA, GiTS, and a few others of similar style.

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
/me puts up hand
I will help with texture art. I love anime, especially ghost in the shell. My other favorites are: Street Fighter V, Sin The Movie, and Metropolis. I could help with texture art, I am good at what I do (well at least I think I am). Right now I am helping out with a retail project and UTRON (texturing for both). I also have been hankering to do some map design with a futuristic Japanese city. I could make some killer textured buildings givin the chance. So I want to help but I wouldn't be able to go full blast for a month or so. In the mean while I could work on smaller things. Anyway just contact me for more information.

Homepage: http://www.members.home.net/matthest
ICQ#: 53758530
E-mail: matthest@home.com

PS- I also do web graphics, So if someone made they layout for the site I would be more than happy to fill inthe blanks (ie: create a logo and menu). I just hate doing tables. The best thing to do is give the some pictures for the overall theme then tell me the names of all the differnt sections you want on your page and I will go from thier. Just so you know I am web competant here is a page I made (yet to be filled in) http://www.members.home.net/matthest/index2.htm

Last edited by a moderator: