Animations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
If you open an animation file (im not sure what they're called in ut2k4 - i dont have it) in unrealed then it will show you exactly what the default names are :) the description #s should be pretty self-explanatory. there will be some variation between each weapon, but the basic ones should have the same name. If you have code for each weapon then the naming shouldn't matter as you can just adjust the code for each animation!

p.s go DX :)

Last edited:
OK I took the time to look, its a *.ukx file for UT2003 anyway, I assume its the same for 2k4. The sequences for the assualt rifle are as follows:

Idle - animation played when runing around etc., ie not firing, moves slightly in time with breathing etc,.
rest - As far as I understand its there to break up the idle animation - if you're idle for a certain amount of time it plays this just to add a bit of interest.
select - animation played when you select the weapon, i.e. usually bringing the gun up into view, instead of it just appearing
putdown- the opposite of select - holstering the weapon if you like
fire - hmm now what could that be? ;)
fireend - animation played at the end of fire, if its a constant repeating weapon (like the pulse rifle) it plays once you release the mouse button, not each time it actually fires
altfire - obviously the animation played when you altfire the gun.

Hope this helps, obviously some guns have extra animations - for example the rocket launcher has a 'load' animation where it loads a rocket into the chamber for when you load 3 up etc. If you need any more info then ask and I will do my best to help :)

FragAndBag

Disturbed.. Very very disturbed..
Feb 29, 2004
You could look in UEd to find some Weapon animations, ThunderCrash animations, the lot!