animating

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

yallDropDead

Aug 16, 2005
California
gladrobmod.rotkiv.net
How do I create custom skeletal animations for existing models for UT2004? In the editor I can see that certain skeletal animations are linked to certain meshes.
It must be possible to create my own animations and distribute those in a mod, without redistributing the player models. How do I do that?

I've looked for a resource on how to go about doing this, if there is one please point me in the right direction. Thnx.

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
you can create custom anims for the normal characters, however you can't just mod them on without changing the actual UKX files. You can point one models skeleton to another's animation set in its entirety, but not just add on parts.

the other way to add animations is to script them but that is much more difficult.

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
get the default skeletons. There is a skeleton builder mel script floating around on these fourms. I've posted it twice.

animate the skeleton as you want it to move.

use the actor x tool to export the animations to a psa like usual, just don't include a mesh name as there is no geometry.

open ued
go to the skeleton/character you want to add to or overwrite.
Import->append animation.. Select your animation file (the PSA) in the file browser, hit open and ok.
UED will tell you the statistics of your add if sucessfull, or display an error message, or crash if it fails.

Though do realize that altering a default UKX could cause you to be kicked from anti cheat servers that use file verification. Just a heads up as to the risk, so always keep a backup copy of anything you modify.