1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

And you thought your university was bad...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OICW, Apr 1, 2006.

1. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

The Pensacola Christian College (which is NOT accredited) is downright horrifying in terms of the regulations they enforce on students; it's the whacky Christian equivalent of a Taliban run university. Why on earth people would subject themselves to regulations like the ones below willingly (besides "Jesus told me so") is beyond belief. It's completely real, this isn't an April Fools' Prank.

Some excerpts from an article on them (password protected);

From their actual handbook;

Comments from people who went there;

http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html

2. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

And people go to this place willingly.

Do we have any Mars colonies yet?

3. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

Holy crap.

4. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Any chance of a non-passworded source?

5. DEFkon

DEFkon Shhh

I'd go just to get kicked out. hehe

I wonder if they have a rule agaist marriage. "so what did you do out this weekend? You didn't write it down in the log book.

"oh yeah i forgot, put down got married to sally at Lorance's lick'dy split chapple."

"what?!"

"yup, that reminds me... i'm gonna need a chaperone later cause we're so totally going to plant vagina babies all night long and i guess someone needs to watch."

6. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

One of their memos;

[​IMG]

Kyllian; I found the complete article on another forum, but it's quite long, I'll see if I can find a mirror of it.

7. Kyllian

Or you can link me to that other forum if you like

I wonder how quick they would punt a person for blaring Marilyn Manson up and down the halls?

8. Olethros

Olethros Functional alcoholic

This should be the article in its intirety. It's a long and depressing read, though. The fact that people like this are allowed outside suitable mental institutions in a modern society simply boggles the mind.

9. Bloodstorm

Bloodstorm shooting is fun

ive heard of this school, its crazy. im a christian and they make christianity look bad. you dont have to be a brain dead, no life person to be a christian. i watch rated r movies, play violent video games and look at girls and i aint a bad christian. in fact, kids sheltered like this are more likely to turn out unsuccsesful and hopped up on drugs all while trying to take care of their illigitimant baby. places like this just want to rule your life, no wonder why everyone think christianity is bad.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  10. Clutch

Clutch New Member

borderline amish, but these people are worse...

11. Kibbles-N-Bits

Kibbles-N-Bits New Member

My cousin is currently in her second year there. Her younger brother attends Bob Jones Uni in SC. They, as well as the majority of that side of the family, are sheltered, poorly adjusted individuals who cannot function in real society. They all live on the same small stretch of road in Pennsylvania. Were the kids ever to leave this bizarre enclave, they'd have no idea how to exist in the real world. Their parents were raised the same way (my aunts, uncles, etc) and are completely useless. They all work at a Subway that they own and operate. They will never accomplish anything other than memorizing the New Testament.

Needless to say, I have not been welcome at family reunions for a long time. Only one other cousin is normal - he is an assistant editor for a news station in Virginia Beach, and although Christian and conservative, is independant and normal. He's currently dating a chinese student and so the family will not speak with him either.

Two years ago I drove down with my parents for a "clan" reunion to honor my grandmother's 80th. We arrived and I spent the entire weekend sitting by myself with that cousin - discussing the latest games and movies and what we were doing in college at the moment. My aunt made us move the table further away so that we wouldn't "plant sinful thoughts and lies" in her children's minds.

This just goes to show that religious fundamentalists are bad news no matter what god they pray to.

12. hara

hara Where's my backup?

I really like this one. :lol:

13. Venuswarrior1221

Venuswarrior1221 Where there is the Force there is death.

Goes to say that your family are oddities compared to ours. And don't forget the fact that colleges like Penscola are NOT preparing their students for the real world. What they actually are doing are brainwashing them. If Penscola actually loosens up a bit and throw in responsible drinking seminars and let males and females mix on campus a bit, they might be a bit more successful.

14. TheWhaleShark

TheWhaleShark This world is spinning around me

Sounds like an intolerance training camp to me.

Of course, on the bright side, it does wind up concentrating a large number of idiots in the Florida area, so that a fortunate hurricane might wipe their stain from the world.

15. Kyllian

Hey, at least you get along with your cousin

16. -Snakebite-

-Snakebite- Hero

Lets drive down and give all the cute girls a lesson on life, music, drinking and any other things they appear to be lacking.