...and these people are supposed to protect us?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
I wouldn't expect much from cops like that.

Ha! And they claim that kids with guns are dangerous! "snicker"

Well, I probably could shoot better than that and I haven't even fired a gun, only an air-rifle a few times :rolleyes:

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

you are exactly right when you say you can probably shoot better than the cops. When I went to a range for the first time, I shot a sig 239 40 cal. and from 20 feet away I connected with the 2 inner most areas of an official NRA target 18 out of 24 shots and that was in just about 45 seconds. The other 6 still hit the target. Now how a 140 pound or so 17 year old who can only benchpress his weight :) out perform some 20-30 year old who weighs much more than I and HAS training is beyond me.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I'll tell you what part of the problem is...police departments are purposly cutting firearms training for their officers.

Once upon a time, officers qualified with their weapons much like the military does...and those that shot well wore "Marksman" badges on their uniforms.

But marksmanship skill badges where seen as "elitist" and came off uniforms and departments went to a pass/fail scoring system all in the name of civil liability and affirmative action hiring. Also, this was done at a time when police departments switched from revolvers to autoloaders...at the time the thinking was that there's no way an autoloader could be as accurate as a revolver, so why make officers test at the higher standards.

Look in the July/August 2001 issue of American Handgunner, in the CopTalk column by Massad Ayoob he discusses this at length.