1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

And Now For Something That Hasn't Been Suggested A Thousand Times Already

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by SaraP, Jan 27, 2004.

1. SaraP

SaraP New Member

2. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

interesting toy it is.

3. NTKB

NTKB Banned

:eek: *imagines taque with one*

:stick: Bad girl!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  4. SaraP

SaraP New Member

Well, it's smaller than a SAW (77.5 cm long versus 103.81 cm long), although somewhat heavier (13.2 kg loaded vs. 10 kg loaded). In my opinion, it would make a nice alternative squad heavy weapon -- fires a much more powerful round, but has only a five-shot capacity.

5. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

/me thinks about Ras with one

/me starts crying :eek:

I dunno... I think you could be really obnoxious with one of those.

6. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

I would like an RPG-7 with HE, HEAT, and high-impulse thermobaric rounds (HIT), also known as a fuel-air explosive (FAE or FAX).
    [​IMG]
    -----------------
    RPG-7
    Launcher Calibre: 40mm
    Launcher Length: 950mm, w/PG-7M round: 1340mm
    Launcher Weight w/sight : 6.9 kg (15.2 lbs)
    Muzzle Velocity: 120 m/s
    Max flight velocity: 300 m/s
    Internal rocket motor ignites after traveling 10m
    Max Range is distance before it explodes due to the 4.5 sec internal fuse.

HE (PG-7) round: Weight: 1.7 kg, Caliber: 85mm, Max Range: 920m
    HEAT (PG-7M) round: Weight: 2.25 kg, Caliber: 70mm, Max Range: 1100m, Armor Penetration: Homogenous rolled steel armor: 330mm, will defeat any known armored vehicle (except reactive armor)
    HIT (GTB-7G) round: Weight: 4.7 kg, Caliber: 93mm, Length: 1120mm, Initial Velocity: 66m/sec

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GTB-7G round:
    [​IMG]

If someone wants to just spend $7:
    http://www.renderosity.com/products/21478.html
    IF someone has $47 to blow:
    http://www.turbosquid.com/HTMLClient/FullPreview/FullPreview.cfm/ID/185926/Action/FullPreview

7. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Yeah, that might be nice for 3.0, considering servers should be able to host like 30 players on the UT2k3 engine. But for 2.9, I think that would be a little overkill. Explosives are pretty well balanced I think. Epecially with yurch making all sorts of new 40mm nades. But, I'm all for new weapons, needed or not. :D Would a round of this ammunition take out maybe 2 people in a tight group and wound a few, or would this pretty much fatally wound the whole squad. If it's on a 1-2 out of 5 kill ratio per squad, and if the ROF isn't extremely fast, it might be fair in 2.9,personally, I'd rather just see more precision rifles and pistols. I didn't really read all the info on the gun, I'm much too sleepy. Looks fun though.

8. SaraP

SaraP New Member

Cyclic rate of fire is 350 rounds a minute, with a five-round magazine; lethal radius of the grenades is seven meters.

9. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

As cool as that would be, I can't see any way of including it, making it realistic and making it balanced. The more I think about it the more I have visions of half the team being fricassed at spawn.

10. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

think about the bulk penalties on 40mm's and then think about how slow someone would be carrying enough ammo to keep this thing fed.

11. Spier

Spier 1

Seven meters of lethal radius on a 30 mm shell? Isn't the M67 grenade's lethal radius five meters?

To me that thing looks like an anti material weapon, and probably is, therefore I don't see how it could be a good thing to add to Inf.

12. SaraP

SaraP New Member

No, the effective casualty radius of an M67 is fifteen meters. Five meters is the M-203's 40mm grenades.

13. NTKB

NTKB Banned

I would quit INF if this made it into an official pack. :(

14. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

SaraP and Spier: you're both right. The lethal radius for the M67 is 5m, casualty causing radius is 15m, although that seems a little optimistic to me.

15. Gnam

Gnam Member

I think there coulf still be "whore oportunities" even with the high bulk. Remember that you don't need to "keep it fed" to take out the entire enemy squad with something like this. Unless the squad was dispersed very thinly, it would be pretty easy to take everyone out with a single 3-5 round burst. Therefore, you'd probably have a lot of people carrying the gun, and a single magazine, which would be heavy, but still very maneable. You might also have people who add one to their loadout just to spam at the general direction of the enemy spawn at the begining of the round then toss it out. In some maps it would have no effect, but with some this could be a big problem. Maybe it would work as a mounted weapon (like the M2HB) but as a regular weapon it's risky.

16. Meplat

Meplat Chock full-o-useless information

Evil Sara. Evil.

Is she gets that, I want a M2 IFV in game.

17. SaraP

SaraP New Member

Well, I like the Russian armament philosophy: rugged, idiot-proof, lots and lots of firepower.

18. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

More rifles, less debate.

19. perrin98

perrin98 New Member

Canadian military manuals state that the kill radius on the M67 is 18 meters.

-LP

20. Soul Assailant

Soul Assailant New Member

I, personally, like it. I can see people spamming the hell out of it though. But I'm all for using things like this as a means of permanent defense. I think it'd look good with a couple of sand bags. Why not make it like the in game M2?