And I remember when 16gb was *huge*

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
Up until a year ago I was using a 3GB hard drive (I remember when that was a lot :/). There were a few times when I went down to less than 1mb of space left, not knowing it until I got a message that the computer didn't even have enough space to display the desktop pic.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
:) Used to play games installed on a 1.9 gig hd. A real horror. COuld only perform a minimum install of most games (half life, carma, quake2, unreal) sigh... this one time, I only had 130 mb left :D

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
This thread has now been renamed "The show your age thread"

I remember when computers were these giant things with cogs and wheels & printed cards, and you could buy a wax cylinder of Mr Scott Joplin's latest ragtime piece....

:p

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
The invention of binary language...
caveman.gif

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
You have a 16GB? Lucky bastard, I have a 10G.

Doesn't matter though. All the things I want permanently installed - Half-Life, UT, etc. - fit, along with anything I'm actually playing. It's rare that I'm doing more than two games at a time. Although Diablo II + Lord of Destruction + Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Baal does take up quite a lot :hmm:

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
My first computer (ZX81) had 1kB of memory, and half of that was taken up with screen memory.....

But my current hard drive is still only 6.5GB, i just only have one or two games installed at once....

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
:eek:

my first HD was a 540MB, friend of mine has a 20MB one that's the size of a mini-tower :D.

Normally my PC has 60+40+15+15 = 130GB installed.
At this very moment I have 60+60+40+15 = 175 GB in my PC, due to some bigass video project my friends and me are taking on :).

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
Ha, i would take your hard drive any day, but if you gave it to me id delete about 80% of the pr0n that your denying from us and then i would have about 13 gigs :p

At least you dont have a 7 gig thats always half used...