1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ancestor of

Discussion in 'Games' started by Leo(T.C.K.), Dec 28, 2015.

1. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

Ancestor of Unreal and Unreal Tournament deathmatches....

"DM"Ariza from September 1997*:

https://vid.me/m0Kf

Only one playerstart, fucked up respawning of items, bots able to spawn weapons while you cannot as a player.

No defaultweapon and dispersionpistol had to be placed on the map...

A helluva blast......

* Unreal was released May 1998, to ilustrate the time gap.

2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Thanks, now I want to reinstall UT. Fuck, I loved DM-ArizA.

Seriously, if I had these maps:

CTF-Face
    CTF-LavaGiant
    CTF-Hydro16
    DM-Ariza
    DM-Deck16

That would be all I needed. It was largely all I played. Get all those in the new UT4 and I'll have money plopped down fast.

3. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

Ariza only existed in UT as a custom map, but yea. Perhaps they can also bring back somehow those giant destructible pillars from the pre-release versions like this one. This Ariza lacks the lift connection/tunnel but the giant pillars which block the obvious path may be a nice gimmick. It did look cool to be able to do that.

Btw on the video is basically the earliest known incarnation of the ShockRifle. Back then called just "Tazer" before being renamed to ASMD later(in promotional material often referred to as ASMD Tazer, funny that the botpack one was ASMD ShockRifle instead). One notable difference in this model is that it has actual muzzleflash/smoke coming out of the gun and not just the idle smoke animation that gets smoke released from the sides.

Also the obvious color of the beam and the effects. Before the Tazer and DIspersionPistol there was the unfinished Stunner weapon. The dispersionpistol used to use the same ammo as the Tazer actually and it was weapon number 10 (Tazer, not the DP). The old dispersionpistol also used a muzzleflash effect strangely enough.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015