Anarchy Mode

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Is awesome. Discuss!

I was a little skeptical going in, since I'm not the biggest fan of tacked on horde modes, but I played a couple of games last night and it was a lot of fun. :)

The fact that everything you can do in SP carries over is a good start, since the main game mechanics are super fun already. Then on top of that, they added team focused challenges during certain waves, and extra skillshots that require 2+ people. The maps are full of stuff (for environmental kills, etc), even if they are rather small. Advancing to the next wave requires you to gain enough total points, as well as actually defeat all the enemies. You can access drop pods between waves to upgrade your weapons or abilities, purchase new stuff, etc.

But of course, there are dumb idiots online (XBL) who either want to ruin your day, or are just plain BAD at this game. First game I joined we were replaying wave 4 or 5 over and over because we (by we, I mean, everyone else ;)) couldn't rack up enough points to win. :mad:

Anyone else played it yet?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I have a feeling this is going to be a nightmare to pub given experiences with say L4D's versus mode or what people say about DOTA's online community. You get one bad teammate or a newbie and everyone else is going to rage.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
I have a feeling this is going to be a nightmare to pub given experiences with say L4D's versus mode or what people say about DOTA's online community. You get one bad teammate or a newbie and everyone else is going to rage.
Pretty much. :lol:

If you see me online shoot me an invite to play. I want to try it out too.

After I play more of the campaign so I have a bit more skill to kill with, I wouldn't mind having a game either. Also, Bulletstorm is awesome.

Sure :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The game IS awesome on PC. Lots of people have been saying so. I'm sure that, like all recent Epic PC releases, it just should have been better.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
I would love to play this weekend. It's been so crazy busy I haven't had a chance :(

I'm sending Brizz a code today to give away. Good luck everyone.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
For some reason I prefer Echo and trying to get high scores. I still have the single-player-itis virus that Unreal 1 infected me a decade ago.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
My family and me played 4 hours this mode last night and hell it was an magnificent pleasure. Triple mass-mother****er-slaughtering, just badass and insane at the same time. We have made so many waves of those bitches and there is still more to kill. Haha, this game just makes a **** load of fun. Can't stop playing it! Anarchy Mode rocks, but I have to play more, hehe! :D

p3rplex3d

Elephant Rider
Aug 19, 2009
Anarchy mode is great fun. Private Match and Multiplayer. The game is just outrageously cool. One observation I had though was about the Anarchy maps. They are kick ass. In fact, to me they feel more like UT than UT3 maps did. I like UT3 but these maps just have that industrial/off world/arena feel that UT did. Not ****ing ancient China. And honestly it feels like it could be inches away from having DM and CTF. That would be sweet. If they don't release an editor I hope they at least give us more cool maps.

also, I love that each map has interactive elements that you can kill with. they blend into the maps real nice. That car crusher. Love leashing and pulling, splat! Big blood splash. Love it. (except that you cant jump and the sniper rifle kinda sucks)