1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Anarchy Mode

Discussion in 'Games' started by Slainchild, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Is awesome. Discuss!

I was a little skeptical going in, since I'm not the biggest fan of tacked on horde modes, but I played a couple of games last night and it was a lot of fun. :)

The fact that everything you can do in SP carries over is a good start, since the main game mechanics are super fun already. Then on top of that, they added team focused challenges during certain waves, and extra skillshots that require 2+ people. The maps are full of stuff (for environmental kills, etc), even if they are rather small. Advancing to the next wave requires you to gain enough total points, as well as actually defeat all the enemies. You can access drop pods between waves to upgrade your weapons or abilities, purchase new stuff, etc.

But of course, there are dumb idiots online (XBL) who either want to ruin your day, or are just plain BAD at this game. First game I joined we were replaying wave 4 or 5 over and over because we (by we, I mean, everyone else ;)) couldn't rack up enough points to win. :mad:

Anyone else played it yet?

2. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

I have a feeling this is going to be a nightmare to pub given experiences with say L4D's versus mode or what people say about DOTA's online community. You get one bad teammate or a newbie and everyone else is going to rage.

3. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

If you see me online shoot me an invite to play. I want to try it out too.

4. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

After I play more of the campaign so I have a bit more skill to kill with, I wouldn't mind having a game either. Also, Bulletstorm is awesome.

5. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Pretty much. :lol:

Sure :)

6. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

Who's playing this on the PC? I might be interested in some Anarchy mode after I finish the campaign.

7. aCRaSSiCauDa

aCRaSSiCauDa ...

What platform are you playing on?

8. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

They all play on X360 except Trynant.

9. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kantham is a wizard who uses his magical power for great justice, and to answer for me whenever a gaming platform is asked for. :)

10. aCRaSSiCauDa

aCRaSSiCauDa ...

Damn, I wanted one person just to say this game is awesome, on PC. :(

11. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

That would be a lie.

12. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

The game IS awesome on PC. Lots of people have been saying so. I'm sure that, like all recent Epic PC releases, it just should have been better.

13. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

14. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

This game is awesome, even on the PC. My enjoyment would be lessened if I had to play with a gamepad.

15. Flak

Flak I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR

I would love to play this weekend. It's been so crazy busy I haven't had a chance :(

I'm sending Brizz a code today to give away. Good luck everyone.

16. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

17. DarkEmperor

DarkEmperor Buried By The Dead

18. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

For some reason I prefer Echo and trying to get high scores. I still have the single-player-itis virus that Unreal 1 infected me a decade ago.

19. [VaLkyR]Anubis

[VaLkyR]Anubis Foregone Destruction

My family and me played 4 hours this mode last night and hell it was an magnificent pleasure. Triple mass-mother****er-slaughtering, just badass and insane at the same time. We have made so many waves of those bitches and there is still more to kill. Haha, this game just makes a **** load of fun. Can't stop playing it! Anarchy Mode rocks, but I have to play more, hehe! :D

20. p3rplex3d

p3rplex3d Elephant Rider

Anarchy mode is great fun. Private Match and Multiplayer. The game is just outrageously cool. One observation I had though was about the Anarchy maps. They are kick ass. In fact, to me they feel more like UT than UT3 maps did. I like UT3 but these maps just have that industrial/off world/arena feel that UT did. Not ****ing ancient China. And honestly it feels like it could be inches away from having DM and CTF. That would be sweet. If they don't release an editor I hope they at least give us more cool maps.

also, I love that each map has interactive elements that you can kill with. they blend into the maps real nice. That car crusher. Love leashing and pulling, splat! Big blood splash. Love it. (except that you cant jump and the sniper rifle kinda sucks)