1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

An unreal engine 4 demosntration

Discussion in 'Games' started by r1esG0, Aug 17, 2012.

1. r1esG0

r1esG0 Unreal Engine Padawan

Hi folks...
    Today was the gdc europe, and like a bitch, i was lurking for videos about the event, to see if someone has posted new stuff, or something...

Curiosly, i have discovered a video, from nvidia, that i think that everybody of us skipped...

Have you seen this?
    It seems the unreal engine 4, with udk like enviroment, and with unreal characters... catch it while is online (curiosly, it dates from may)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFqNh-hxme8&feature=player_embedded#!

if someone posted previously, please forgive me. I didnt make a search.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

Most of that video (if not all of it) is not Unreal 4.

Edit: Did you even watch the video? The commentator frequently says 'Unreal Engine 3'.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  3. r1esG0

r1esG0 Unreal Engine Padawan

the particle system seen at 2:24 confused me,
    when the character jumped out, it showed the same particle system as the last elemental demo.

4. evilgrins

evilgrins God of Fudge

Wow.

That's an awfully fluffy Skaarj.

:D

5. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

UE3.

the major step I believe from UE3 to UE4 will be the dynamic lighting (untalked about in the video). the particle effects are GPU based, so it wouldn't be impossible to have them in UE3. (unless EPIC was really greedy about it)

6. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

It's Nvidia's Apex Turbulence. It's not the same thing as what is implemented in UE4, although it serves pretty much the same role.