Amok run in german school !

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
On the contrary, frag count is everything when it comes to mass shootings, the difference between becoming a legend and fading away as a historical footnote. Sure, you get extra points for style and originality, but in the end it don't mean **** without a decent bodycount.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
On the contrary, frag count is everything when it comes to mass shootings, the difference between becoming a legend and fading away as a historical footnote. Sure, you get extra points for style and originality, but in the end it don't mean **** without a decent bodycount.

This reminds me of "The Frighteners" with Michael J. Fox.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I still maintain that we need to find out why these kids choose this particular form of outlet, the "school shooting," when they snap.

Because people are always going to go off the deep end once in awhile, and some in worse ways than others. But does this trend of particularly gruesome public slayings say anything about a negative change in society as a whole?

I realize news is much more pervasive today so it seems like violent crimes happen more often than they used to. However, I still can't help that feel as though this mindset of "well I'll just take like 15 other innocent kids out of the world with me" is simply becoming popular.
Like in the past a kid might have gotten really depressed and ended up hitting his breaking point while he was in school and stabbed 7 people with the scissors.

Nowadays, kids are methodically acquiring weapons, considering layouts and specifically planning these senseless acts of "random revenge," murder/suicide.

:(

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
It's because they get on the news and become infamous. It's some form of twisted glory.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I'm glad you mentioned the "famous" aspect, Slayer.

You remember the Virginia Tech shooting how the guy had that whole document of videos and notes of himself and sent it to the major news networks?

Shortly after the shooting, NBC was "debating" whether or not to show the footage the shooter had provided. And I remember thinking, what the hell do they have to debate? They're gonna' figure out how much money they can make off of this exclusive content and then run it for the next 72 hours. That's exactly what they did.

Pissed me off so much I couldn't see straight. All you're doing is glorifying this faggot and giving confidence to other hopeless faggots that they'll achieve recognition in their final hour... should they choose this route.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
For once, I agree with you :lol:

It is sickening :( That's the world we live in, though. It's no wonder crap like this happens.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
*faints from awesome*

You shut your mouth.

It's strange but every time I read your name I think of this :

small+wood+barrel+keg+cask+2+liters.jpg

Drum ... Plum ...

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
It always surprises me how ridiculously low the body counts are in these school shootings. ...

That's because unlike games and the media tell you it is rather difficult to actually kill someone.
People do survive gunshots that look lethal and others die from trivial wounds (often due to shock of being shot ... ).
The real world simply is not as predictable as a game where you will die once your hitpoints drop below zero.

// ---
I still maintain that we need to find out why these kids choose this particular form of outlet, the "school shooting," when they snap.
They are/were students ... that's why.
It's the environment they know for the majority of their time on this earth.
There are exceptions of course (like the guy in Belgium killing kids in kindergarten).

I wonder if it is any worse ... it's not like it happens every month or every year. Even though the media (and politicians) would like us to believe that anyone could go crazy and go on a rampage like this.
Heck ... it beats reporting on real news where the solution isn't as easy as banning X (where X is games, weapons, drugs, etc) or where they would have to blame the ones in power for being idiots.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
school and society are to blame... the guy was so full of hatred against the system, i'm sure many have had similar thoughts, just few are those who put those thoughts into motion and turn up at the school with guns and start shooting.

I doesn't take a video game to be so hateful.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
That's because unlike games and the media tell you it is rather difficult to actually kill someone.
People do survive gunshots that look lethal and others die from trivial wounds (often due to shock of being shot ... ).
The real world simply is not as predictable as a game where you will die once your hitpoints drop below zero.

If you shoot people several times in the head (with for example 9mm hollowpoints or AR rounds), there won't be many survivers. The low bodycounts are mostly due to the shooters a) using crap weapons & ammo b) in a n00bish, erratic manner. Killing lots of people isn't difficult at all if you follow some basic, common sense rules.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
If you shoot people several times in the head (with for example 9mm hollowpoints or AR rounds), there won't be many survivers. The low bodycounts are mostly due to the shooters a) using crap weapons & ammo b) in a n00bish, erratic manner. Killing lots of people isn't difficult at all if you follow some basic, common sense rules.
You make it sound simpler than it really is. Guns in FPSs tend to not function as they do in real life, let alone humans.

Do you really think a crazed 18 year old with limited combat experience, and I'm going to guess a less than optimal physical build, to do 15 to 20 double taps to the head in a room full of panicked teenagers, let alone do it fast enough so that he or she still has viable targets in the room after he/she has reloaded or switched weapons? And you think that everyone's going to ignore the weapons and ammunition that are on this person when they are entering the building?

You consider 32 deaths low, so I'm going to guess that you'd prefer a number like 60 or 70 at minimum to be acceptable. That would require 120 - 140 rounds of ammunition, assuming this person is a master sharpshooter and will never miss any shots. There's also the chance that one or more of these weapons will jam or malfunction during this time, that the psycho will not be able to dispatch of any police officers who are in the building, that someone will rush or sneak up on this person and that other enforcement will show up during this time.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
If you shoot people several times in the head (with for example 9mm hollowpoints or AR rounds),
So you already admit that (1) you need more than one headshot and (2) special bullets.
Not exactly 'easy' considering that the legalised murderers all tend to aim for 'center mass' (ie : your body) instead of a small target like a persons' head.

there won't be many survivers. The low bodycounts are mostly due to the shooters a) using crap weapons & ammo b) in a n00bish, erratic manner.
So you expect mere crazy students to have decent weapons and ammo (even though anything remotely lethal can't be bought) and have practiced enough for them to be able to hit such targets ?

Killing lots of people isn't difficult at all if you follow some basic, common sense rules.
lucky for most of us then that most murderers don't use common sense ;)

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
Do you really think a crazed 18 year old with limited combat experience, and I'm going to guess a less than optimal physical build, to do 15 to 20 double taps to the head in a room full of panicked teenagers, let alone do it fast enough so that he or she still has viable targets in the room after he/she has reloaded or switched weapons?

When you enter a classroom, you first shoot everyone once or twice in the torso, males and people close to exits first. If you use extra-high capacity magazines (like this or this), you may not have to reload at all. You can then either secure your victims with headshots, shooting everyone, including the ones that look dead, or move onto the next classroom(s) and come back later to finish people off.

And you think that everyone's going to ignore the weapons and ammunition that are on this person when they are entering the building?

In most school shootings, the killer(s) had no problem entering the building. Handguns can easily be concealed, and rifles and shotguns can be carried in sports bags etc. Also, if anyone tries to stop you, you can simply shoot them. Indeed, Eric & Dylan basically shot their way into the school, iirc.

You consider 32 deaths low, so I'm going to guess that you'd prefer a number like 60 or 70 at minimum to be acceptable. That would require 120 - 140 rounds of ammunition, assuming this person is a master sharpshooter and will never miss any shots.

No problem at all; Cho, for example, carried nineteen 10- and 15-round magazines, and almost 400 rounds of ammunition in his backpack. Spree killers usually have (much) more ammo with them than they actually use. Many even don't use all of their guns.

There's also the chance that one or more of these weapons will jam or malfunction during this time,

Yeah, that's why you should always bring multiple weapons, for example a semi-automatic rifle (AR-15 with 150 round mag, plus additional 30 round ones) and 2 high capacity pistols (Glock 17c with 17/19 and 33 round mags).

that the psycho will not be able to dispatch of any police officers who are in the building, that someone will rush or sneak up on this person and that other enforcement will show up during this time.

Of course one should always choose a target that's relatively remote, or at least not near a police station. There are also various other measures one could take to delay the arrival of law enforcement, like creating a diversion with real or fake bombs, blocking the main access road(s) with trees and such, and chaining the main entrance doors of the target building shut (as Cho did; this will both keep targets in, and cops out). Also, once the police do arrive, you may be able to keep them at bay for a while with a scoped rifle.

Re being rushed or sneaked by intended victims: one should always initially position oneself in a corner away from the door(s), with a good view of the whole room. First shoot the men, then the women. Always have a backup gun holstered & ready within easy reach in case your main weapon jams, or there's no time to reload.

So you already admit that (1) you need more than one headshot and (2) special bullets.
Not exactly 'easy' considering that the legalised murderers all tend to aim for 'center mass' (ie : your body) instead of a small target like a persons' head.

Hollowpoints are a very common type of ammo, and as mentioned above, you first shoot people in the torso so they go down, and then secure them with headshots.

So you expect mere crazy students to have decent weapons and ammo (even though anything remotely lethal can't be bought) and have practiced enough for them to be able to hit such targets ?

A Glock 17 or Beretta 92 with hollowpoints is pretty lethal, and can bought in most gun stores. If you (or your parents) own the guns legally, you can practice at a shooting range. Otherwise you can practice in some remote location, as Eric and Dylan did.

lucky for most of us then that most murderers don't use common sense ;)

Indeed... :)

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Glad to see we're down to discussing the technicalities of killing as many people as possible by now.

Sometimes I do wonder why I keep coming back to these forums.