1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

America's Army Under Fire From Antiwar Group

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Armagon917

Armagon917 TOAST

good points! Also ironic that christian groups were upset about DOOM-DOOM 3. You're killing demons! cmon, hand jesus a bfg and go to town.

I mean theres the rhetoric of this group on one side and reality on the other. I can't see an 18 yr old joining the army based on this game. Maybe it informs them in some way and that person does more research on what the army is all about from there. That is more realistic then 14 yr olds playing a murder simulator are going to be immediate recruits after playing this.

I said what I did above because I think groups like this constantly think people are stupid and need their help when its really they just have a different viewpoint or view of the world and or world events. I don't like these people at all but they are not bad people as war is a terrible thing. But I'm a realist at the same time. Just my viewpoints and if you think differently thats fine. The US had to fight for their right to complain. "San Francisco is against war." They mentioned war in general. World War II? The War of 1812? The American Revolutionary War? my point is that at points throughout history it has been necessary at times unfortunately IMO.

This is all about whats going on right now obviously and has nothing to do with this game. The game is just ammo for this group. I hope some of you on the otherside of my viewpoints see that. Just see this for what it really is. please!! :lol:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

I vaguely remember something about a 16-year old ending up in the British army. If it happened in the UK then it risks almost certainly happening in the USA.

3. Armagon917

Armagon917 TOAST

Well that sounds like an isolated case. Freak occurences happen with most things. That 16 yr old must have faked identification and if the that got by the UK then the least of their problems is a videogame. They would need to work on their screening process a bit I would say.

4. BlackFish

BlackFish ginger synther hipster

Americans in the South are easily influenced IMO. When the game first came out they announced an intent for the game to solely recruit, not entertain. The end result is that they're entertaining little kids with a free (albeit kinda ****ty) game. (The server stats points this out somewhat).

Oh yeah, and Fox News recently praised the game because it apparently "saved a life" when some dude learned cpr through the game.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  5. Continuum

Continuum Lobotomistician

You can join the reserves at 16 basically you usually go to boot camp over your summer break come back get assigned the local unit do your once a month drills then the next summer you go to your tech school to finish your training. I don't believe you are eligible to be deployed until you get your diploma (finishing High School is in your contract)

On the other hand my grandpa hitched a ride on a train from Canada into the US and joined the Air Force at 16 to earn his citizenship. But that was a while ago.

6. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

I remembered these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Homeslice

Homeslice A mapper not in the zone

Wow, DASW protesting this game, huh because "it makes people do something"? Sounds like Jack Thompson influenced them, too!