1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

American Mcgee's Alice Mod.

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Sacred, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Sacred

Sacred Mapper in exile.

I am interested it starting a mod based on the game "American Mcgee's Alice".
    I'm sure that anyone who has ever played this game thought to themselves, "if only it had multiplayer it would be perfect". Well, thanks to the awesome power of UED and the Unreal Engine I think it can.
    From the very first moment I played Alice I have wanted to do something like this, and now that I have the neccessary tools to do so, I want to make this dream a reality.

What I need is a team.

Since I am primarily a mapper, that would be handled by me (although I would love to have other mappers join the project). But, I need modelers/skinners, animators, weapon modelers, coders, the works basically. Also having someone experienced with making websites would be helpful (I know nothing about PHP and such).

I have already converted the textures from the original game into usable TGA's, and can guide others on how to do so for maps, models, and weapons. Also, I can guide others on how to extract the mp3's from the original game soundtrack.

What I need are people who love the original game (you have to be serious about this, this will take a LOOOOONG time to pull off), own the original game of course, and are dedicated to this idea.

This would be a team effort (I can't do this all by myself) with no leaders, everyone would have equal say as to how this is handled.

If you are interested, and please - serious replies only, email me at SacredNights@hotmail.com.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  2. Hazard.ep

Hazard.ep New Member

Jeah, you're probably right. At least I had the same thought, would be REALLY cool to have a multiplayer for that. But I'm currently involved in several projects and have no time left , sorry!

3. The New Clément

The New Clément New Member

I agree, a multiplayer mod for Alice would be amazing... I want to help.
    I'm quite inexperienced at working with mods, and I'm not terrific at programming, but if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

thenewclement@hotmail.com