Amer. FragBU: Friday 8/27 and Saturday 8/28

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
:( My internet was down for two days.... so I missed both FragBUs! I was really looking forward to it, especially to celebrate the fact that I'm free from that ****ty job!!! Oh well, I'll see you fellas next week hopefully.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Last nights fragBU was a lot of fun, I was there for the pre-fragBU action, and for about one hour during fragBU. Great competition and fun as always. :tup:

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
after seeing that pic of zxan, i still don't know where he is! ggs last night

edit: did a runthrough of the map, found his spot. found a much better spot too, although hard to get to.

Last edited:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Hyrulian Hero said:
A couple quotes from tonight (there were lots more, but I forgot to capture most of them):
HuggyBear: use that manta and run them bitches over!

Somone, I forget who, was trying to take down a power node in a manta. The sticky bit is that there were three guys linked up to it repairing it, and they were more or less stationary!

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Twas a good run last night - things were already rolling when I joined at 6p my time, and were STILL rolling at 1a! Now that's what I call a fragbu! It's cool we managed to play a lot of different game types - it makes ctf less monotonous for the less-skilled.

It was nice to see so many people participate!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Invasion on Morpheus should NOT be played at FragBU. I hopped on hoping for a few good games of DM/CTF/ONS/AS/JB......and we played 40 minutes of stupid Invasion.....boring.

Not that I don't like Invasion, I just like to play it when I want to, not at FragBU.

The rest of the games were good, but there is no redirect, so I had to quit out of the game to install JB, CBP2, and Flag Pack....

Fun Stuff! :) Glad I could make it this week.

RENEGADE RETARD: Why aren't you always on AIM now that you have ultra speed internet?????

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
GG's,

I think that sometime if we have only a handful people we should take sometime out and show those that don’t know what to do in assault the way around a couple of maps, that way we wont have as many people feeling left out when we play junkyard or mothership.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
funkblast said:
GG's,

I think that sometime if we have only a handful people we should take sometime out and show those that don’t know what to do in assault the way around a couple of maps, that way we wont have as many people feeling left out when we play junkyard or mothership.

\o/

I'm still at a loss as to what people other than the 'lucky three' who are riding in the Hellbender are supposed to do. I guess trying to take out the defenders to give the HB a clear shot would be good... but good lord it takes a year to figure out those jumps. :lol:

hal said:
\o/

I'm still at a loss as to what people other than the 'lucky three' who are riding in the Hellbender are supposed to do. I guess trying to take out the defenders to give the HB a clear shot would be good... but good lord it takes a year to figure out those jumps. :lol:

load up the map without any bots and learn it. its not that complicated of a map really. Drivers have to make their way to the objective while the rest of the attackers try to clear a free path for the driver.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
hal said:
Clearing out defenders, getting smaller objectives (like lowering the bridge), probably even more important than clearing defenders (oh, and turrets) would be sacrificing yourself as mine fodder. Spider mines take out the Bender so doggone fast...

As for the jumps... USE MY MAP!!!!!
junk.jpg

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
I love that guide \/\/orf. :lol: It really helps me understand the incredibly easy and simple setup of the map. :D:tup:

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
\/\/0RF said:
Clearing out defenders, getting smaller objectives (like lowering the bridge), probably even more important than clearing defenders (oh, and turrets) would be sacrificing yourself as mine fodder. Spider mines take out the Bender so doggone fast...

As for the jumps... USE MY MAP!!!!!
junk.jpg
...And if you zoom in a bit, you get this:

UT2k4_junk_items.JPG

UT2k4_junk_racetrack.JPG

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The very fact that you need a complex map to understand where you go means that the map has issues. ;)

Anyhow, I know about the arrows and such, but sometimes you see where it's pointing but just have no idea what series of jump pads to take to get there.

Having been forced to play it a myriad of times, I must say that I now know where objective one is. :lol:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I hate AS-junkyard, that is all i'll say. And those who keep voting for it are going to get socked in the eye. :mad:

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Taleweaver, your map is actually helpful. :) I don't think \/\/orf was trying make fun of you. I think he was just was just poking fun at the randomness of the map.