Am I beyond hope for UT2k7?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pilarius

Apr 14, 2005
Its not running on 4 7800GTX because its not done, but because they really need to test all features and see all thing at ultra details. I think that new computer, that I am buying this month will run it 1024x768 at Medium details with 2xAA... and who will have dual-core CPU doesnt need Ageia PsysX (it will make the game better but it wont be really needed...).

Computer that ill buy is:
CPU Intel Pentium D 920 2.8GHz later @ 3,2GHz, BOX, 4MB cache, 800MHz
ASUS P5WD2 STD i955X sc775
Kingston DIMM 1024MB DDR II 750MHz
Leadtek WinFast PX7900 GT TDH 256MB PCI-E
Thermaltake Swing VB6000BNS
Enermax Liberty EL500AWT 500W

At least ill buy 1024MB RAM more...

Last edited:

>>SK<<

Mar 11, 2006
mg, i just got a new PC about a year and a half ago. but it isnt pci e compatable, which means im prety much skrewed to upgrade to any decent gpu ((is that correct?))
Does that not also mean that unless somebody has a very recent new pc they cudnt run ut2k7? isnt that a lot of people? :s

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
pilarius said:
Computer that ill buy is:
CPU Intel Pentium D 920 2.8GHz later @ 3,2GHz, BOX, 4MB cache, 800MHz
ASUS P5WD2 STD i955X sc775
Kingston DIMM 1024MB DDR II 750MHz
Leadtek WinFast PX7900 GT TDH 256MB PCI-E
Thermaltake Swing VB6000BNS
Enermax Liberty EL500AWT 500W

At least ill buy 1024MB RAM more...

Dont buy intel Especially the D range, they are very slow and hopeless at games. Get a AMD 64, they are by far and away the best processor, especially if you can afford dual core. The cheapest AMD X2 Dual core is about £200.

BeMyMonkey

Village Idiot
Apr 16, 2004
canadiansushi.surf.to
SlipStreams_65 said:
Dont buy intel Especially the D range, they are very slow and hopeless at games. Get a AMD 64, they are by far and away the best processor, especially if you can afford dual core. The cheapest AMD X2 Dual core is about £200.

Good suggestions. I just hope AMD has something magnificent up their sleeves for their next release because if they don't I think I'll be switching to Intel - those conroe benches look AMAZING...

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
BeMyMonkey said:
Good suggestions. I just hope AMD has something magnificent up their sleeves for their next release because if they don't I think I'll be switching to Intel - those conroe benches look AMAZING...

Now UT2007 is coded for dual core so paying more for a quad core is just a waste of money. AMD have a new socket range coming soon, so Id expect them to be making a processor range to match it.

BeMyMonkey

Village Idiot
Apr 16, 2004
canadiansushi.surf.to
SlipStreams_65 said:
Now UT2007 is coded for dual core so paying more for a quad core is just a waste of money. AMD have a new socket range coming soon, so Id expect them to be making a processor range to match it.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for, a whole new range of AMD procs to match AM2 :D...

as for quad-core, the released Conroe benches are dual-core IIRC... :)

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
>>SK<<: You can get an nVidia 7800GS for AGP... it'll cost you a fair bit, but it's pretty much the best AGP card you can get.

Slipstreams: I would think that UE3 will scale well with however processors/cores are available. It is called multi-threaded, not dual-threaded, for a reason :p.

pilarius

Apr 14, 2005
I checked tables comparating A64 X2 3800+ and D 920 in 3DMark, games and ZIPping... They are same, but D 920 is much better in ZIPping. D 920 is one quarter cheaper. And I dont want w8 for Conroe and so on (but i could upgrade from D 920 to Conroe if needed, thats why I am building new computer on Intel...). Last word...AMD 64 X2 are really overpriced matching to their effect and socket 939 is going into computer history really, really fastly.

I was choosing it for whole week (my brain filtered at least 200 pages of tables, tests, previews, overclocking forums and so on...).

BTW prices in our country are much higher and differents are bigger. And our sale taxes are 19% for buyers, not for sellers...its called DPH.

It was hard decision, but i believe i have chosen the right one...

Last edited:

chillypacman

Dec 19, 2005
wasn't their a movie that showed UT2k7 running on just one 7800 GTX card, so i'm pretty sure it won't need quad cards (thats ****ing stupid)!
Heres two cents for a lollipop, because obviously the bully took your last one.

Yeah well, the demo of the game you refer to was chugging along at 640*480 is hardly ideal (in tim sweeneys words I think).

If your building a game you want to have as smoothe framerates as possible before the optimization comes in to play, it takes 4 highend cards working simultaneously to make the game run at an exceptionaly smoothe rate on high resolution and it makes sense. What, you think if the ut 2007 engine was fully completed and optimized that it would be able to run on a single midrange gpu epic woudlnt have released a benchmark?

Honestly some people, if you called me stupid in the face I would have broken it for you.

<edit>No I probably wouldnt have, not worth the trouble, this is the way the world works, I'll live with it.

Heres two cents for a lollipop, because obviously the bully took your last one
Well apparently nvidia have done it, I read it on ign, apparently DELL will be selling it some time in the future...

Last edited:

BeMyMonkey

Village Idiot
Apr 16, 2004
canadiansushi.surf.to
chillypacman said:
Heres two cents for a lollipop, because obviously the bully took your last one.

Yeah well, the demo of the game you refer to was chugging along at 640*480 is hardly ideal (in tim sweeneys words I think).

If your building a game you want to have as smoothe framerates as possible before the optimization comes in to play, it takes 4 highend cards working simultaneously to make the game run at an exceptionaly smoothe rate on high resolution and it makes sense. What, you think if the ut 2007 engine was fully completed and optimized that it would be able to run on a single midrange gpu epic woudlnt have released a benchmark?

Honestly some people, if you called me stupid in the face I would have broken it for you.

<edit>No I probably wouldnt have, not worth the trouble, this is the way the world works, I'll live with it.

Well apparently nvidia have done it, I read it on ign, apparently DELL will be selling it some time in the future...

Duuuuuuuude please try to post in a more... grammatically correct fashion next time. Not to mention trying to make a little more sense - if you called me stupid in the face I would have broken it for you??? WTF?

As for quad-SLI... i already think normal SLI is a complete rip and completely senseless as each new generation new cards come out that will trounce the last generation's SLI... Definitely not worth it IMO... I'd rather spend half the money and get the last generation's SLI performance each time, because it'll still enable me to run 1600x1200 in all my favorite games...

And "chugging" at 640x480 on a 7800GTX?? Wasn't there an official quote floating about that early builds of the game ran fine at 1024x768 with medium details on a 6800 Ultra?... Back up that statement with some proof please...

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
As for quad-SLI... i already think normal SLI is a complete rip and completely senseless as each new generation new cards come out that will trounce the last generation's SLI... Definitely not worth it IMO... I'd rather spend half the money and get the last generation's SLI performance each time, because it'll still enable me to run 1600x1200 in all my favorite games...

Im glad someone feels the same way I do about sli, thats why I never got an sli board and what do you know the x32 pcie boards came out a month after I got my mobo :lol:

To get a decent performance on a quad sli you'd definatly need x64, that'b be 4x 16x pcie slots.

You are right though the 7800gtx apparently can beat 2x6800gt's in sli, so youd expect the 7900gtx to get close to 2x7800gt's in sli. Im really waiting for 2x 32x pcie as I think that'll make the most value for money on sli, having 1x 16x is good enough for a 7900gtx for me ;)

And "chugging" at 640x480 on a 7800GTX?? Wasn't there an official quote floating about that early builds of the game ran fine at 1024x768 with medium details on a 6800 Ultra?... Back up that statement with some proof please...

Im pretty sure epic have a clip, the one where they mention grand theft auto, thats running hdtv res on a 7800gtx....

Edit: whoops forgot a comma, gta running hdtv res :D

Last edited:

chillypacman

Dec 19, 2005
link:
http://media.www.gamespy.com/downlo...realdemo_062105_wmvlowwide.wmv?position=front

enjoy the eye candy too :D

Im pretty sure epic have a clip, the one where they mention grand theft auto thats running hdtv res on a 7800gtx....
yup, the guy says the 'streaming tech' allows for 'whole new genres' and mentions gta style 'city environments'

Im pretty sure epic have a clip, the one where they mention grand theft auto thats running hdtv res on a 7800gtx....
what, do you just go and call someone stupid in the face? get over it.

<edit>I think they mentioned on the first build of ut 2007 that they could get it to work on a 6800 by the time they finished optimizing it ;) Oh and he was referring to the original 7800 gtx demo footage in the city environment with 'malcom' (the black guy) that came out a while ago

Last edited:

BeMyMonkey

Village Idiot
Apr 16, 2004
canadiansushi.surf.to
Last edited:

chillypacman

Dec 19, 2005
-edit- I don't see where they mention they're running on quad-7800GTX's... wasn't that the demo for a single 7800??? and the dude stated it was at 1280x1024...
in the beggining it is mentioned the 'last' demo was 'chugging along at 640*480', he was referring to the 7800 gtx demo video of epic producer playing ut 2007 in a city environment. They dont mention the game is 'chugging along at 640*480 then because it would put people off, 'gee 640*480 and barely 30fps on a 7800gtx that isnt even released yet? No way I can play that game'.

They dont mention it in that video, I read that on IGN, its this one: http://pc.ign.com/articles/692/692791p1.html posted on March 1, 2006 and I quote from it
Since the game isn't optimized yet, they needed quite a beast to run it, and nVidia stepped in with a quad SLI rig. That means four video cards running in one system. Yowza. They also mentioned that Dell would be selling such a rig, called the "XPS Renegade," and it's supposed to be available any time now. I imagine it would be a tad pricey.
So yeah.

I dont think I need to explain how right I am on this matter anymore now do I? BTW I never said they were running THAT demo you saw on 4 7800gtx's, I would say they were but I dont know for sure.

Atleast I'm not calling anyone an idiot now am I? Yeah well, just remember that in case I am indisputably wrong someday that you wont say 'your an idiot' before explaining anything.

Last edited:

BeMyMonkey

Village Idiot
Apr 16, 2004
canadiansushi.surf.to
chillypacman said:
Atleast I'm not calling anyone an idiot now am I? Yeah well, just remember that in case I am indisputably wrong someday that you wont say 'your an idiot' before explaining anything.

I don't get it... :eek:... You've been pretty civil in this thread and for that I'm thankful - but who hasn't? nobody's said anything offensive to you ;)...

I just don't understand how you can jump to the conclusion from that IGN article that that demo is run on quad-7800's... I'm not really that sure but I always thought that was the single-7800GTX demo of a pretty optimized part of the game...

Is there a page somewhere where you get all your info? I'm sort of in the dark here... :( :rolleyes:

just remember, nobody's calling you an idiot and we appreciate your info ;)...

chillypacman

Dec 19, 2005
I just don't understand how you can jump to the conclusion from that IGN article that that demo is run on quad-7800's... I'm not really that sure but I always thought that was the single-7800GTX demo of a pretty optimized part of the game...
I'll get back to you in four years when I know more about optimizing game engines ;)

Is there a page somewhere where you get all your info? I'm sort of in the dark here...
erm no, I just read random tidbits of information. Though ign does often come up with most of the info I usually look for. You can also try this link: http://www.devmaster.net/engines/ if you are interested about game engines and stuff

Wether or not the video with the mention of the gta style city environment was running off a single or quad 7800gtx I'm not too sure about however on the 6th of march there was a video posted showing the game running everything set to maximum on 4 7800gtx' regardless of wether or not the demo showcasing the city environment ran off the same system. However I dont think that it was using a single 7800gtx, if it was well then great, if it was being run on 4 of em, well then by the time the game is on store shelves it will anyway ;)

Last edited: