1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Almost There

Discussion in 'General' started by Al[Demiurge], Sep 9, 2004.

1. Al[Demiurge]

Al[Demiurge] New Member

Clone Bandits 1.1, our entry into Phase 4 of the Make Something Unreal contest is in final testing! We're holding back a bit so we can make a big splash for the finals, but we've heard your calls for new maps and are including two new Death-Valley quality maps! Here are some teasers I just whipped up. I'm not very good at taking screenshots though.

Maybe Tom could take some more at testing tonight? <nudge>, <nudge>

"Peril Plateau"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Processing Plant"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Screech

Screech New Member

Awesome :) :) :) :)

processing plant :eek: :tup:

edit: just out of curiosity, what are you going to be doing in terms of music for the new maps?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  3. Al[Demiurge]

Al[Demiurge] New Member

Same three tracks as last time around. I think a 1 - 1 ratio of songs to maps is pretty good. :)

We'll see what happens when we do 1.2 -- not sure what our music plans are yet.

Al

4. [Pmods]Necrophage

[Pmods]Necrophage New Member

Hi !

i'm impressed by the update. Clone bandits 1.0 was so fun to play that a map was enough to keep you playing at it during hours. For sure, it wasn't enough to play it all days during 2 months.

Now that i know that you've been doing maps, i'm so excited but i know why :D .

Could you give us an approximative time when the 1.1 will be out ? :rolleyes:
    If not, i will wait for websites to tell it to me but i wanted to know because i'm newser at a french website dedicated to mods of any games ( Pmods ) and i care about the UT section. I "cover" the MSUC phase 4 event.

So i want to be able to say to people when it'll out :D

Clone Bandits 1.0 was amazing and i can't even imagine what will be the 1.1 ... maybe the greatest and funniest mod for UT2004 !!!

5. Al[Demiurge]

Al[Demiurge] New Member

We'll be releasing it shortly after the next UT2K4 patch. Since we don't control when that happens it's a bit hard to say. The most-recent updates to CB require things not included in the latest public builds.

-Al

6. hollib

hollib Registered Bandit

:)
    exciting! cant wait for... :)
    Does Clone Bandits 1.1 change things in the way mapping is done?
    hollib

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  7. Guu

Guu It IS her own arm!

Why not add a School bus type vehicle. the driver can drive and when they use primary fire it can... i duno... jump straigt up several feet? or possibly have a battering ram or snow plow type thing on the front that can turn the whole thing into a huge battering ram?

Then all the windows can have machine guns or whatever so it can carry like 8 people.. possibly with clones or with out.. or make it so the driver cant carry clones only passengers can.

Make it so it has lots of armor so its not that easy for a tank to kill so it has a chance to ram it (if giant battering ram is what its main weapon is). You can make it look like one of the older fish bowl type buses.

Just an ideal to make this mod even more fun!

I will let you go about the details. Just a general ideal for another vheicle that would fit in with this mod.

That or a semi... or a combine or a tractor... bulldoser? i duno anything would be cool. Im shure you all will think of something.

Keep up the good work on this mod. ITs tuns of fun and has a great feel to it.

8. Screech

Screech New Member

If it came down to putting another vehicle in, the semi would probably fit in best (given that there are loads of trashed ones in deathvaley, etc) but I quite like the current vehicle setup :)

'I think a 1 - 1 ratio of songs to maps is pretty good. " hehe, good point :D

On another note, when it comes down to music, hollib couldn't (or maybe we should say, has not yet ;) ) find (or found) a way to (legally) use a couple of songs in his maps that are really cool, but being as you guys have a stamp of officialness (yes I just made that word up).......... wink wink ;)

9. Guu

Guu It IS her own arm!

Yea just some ideals thats all.

How about maybe some new non UT weapons? I have no clue as to what they would be, I dont have a good imagination for that type of stuff... possibly like a sling shot? or some sort of older weapons from the time before all this happend along with the newer future types?

Just more ideals i have.

One thing I am good at is Audio. if you would like some help on audio i could do that. I used to do alot of audio work with the HL engine. I have no clue how it all works in UT but that shouldent be that hard to learn, Its the skills in sampling and remastering that im good at.

10. Screech

Screech New Member

new weapons....well if you want to continue the flesh-trafficking theme.... ;) there is a sperm gun of sorts.... http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=407679 :p but then Demiurge i think is above that kind of stuff. :tup:

If you can come up with some good new music for cb, I will build a 20-foot tall idol to you and worship everyday :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :D

screech

11. Guu

Guu It IS her own arm!

Im not good with music just FX. Thats all i can do audio wise... FX and recording.

Has anybody thought of looking into the public domain for stuff to use in the mod? you know you can take and use anything in the domain... i dont know if there is anything that woudl work for this mod... but its worth a try.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  12. dchamp

dchamp New Member

Joy

Joy. I love the looks of the night time map.

We played Clone Bandits at a small LAN with some friends 2 weeks ago, it was a big hit. Looking forward to the version 1.1 and more maps!

13. cravensmythe

cravensmythe Amigo Bandito

Demiurge guys is one of the fixes the headlight bug?

Myself and hollib noticed that on a server game the first spawned vehicles are fitted with headlights and all the rest have them missing, and also that there are no beams of light from the headlights except when playing an instant action game that has been started by double clicking the map in your c:\ut2004\maps folder

14. cravensmythe

cravensmythe Amigo Bandito

Just reading up this thread a bit and could you tell me what vehicle a semi is?

This question is posted for all the people in the uk who think a rubber is something erase pencil lines with :lol:

15. Screech

Screech New Member

semi=18-wheeler big truck.

16. dchamp

dchamp New Member

It's a tractor-trailer truck. I think the "semi" term is because they are two seperate pieces.

I believe y'all refer to those as a lorry.

17. Aconite

Aconite Capt Midnight

Brilliant!

18. Aconite

Aconite Capt Midnight

Well the new patch has arrived...

*salivates*

19. Screech

Screech New Member

**tries to hold it in**

**can't**

OMGOMGHI2U GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME PLZ!!!!!!!11!!one!

sorry. :eek:

:lol: :) ;)

20. hollib

hollib Registered Bandit

we are all patched now...
    :)