1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aliens: Colonial Marines Due Q1 2009

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Dark Pulse, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

Gearbox Software's Aliens: Colonial Marines has been pegged for a Q1 2009 release, according to a release schedule from Sega Europe.

2. KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior Flyin' High

Well, if that's so, gearbox better hurry the hell up and release some media :mad:. We have all of like five screenshots from the game and they're supposedly releasing inside of two months.

I mean, with Batman we're lamenting lots of shots and no gameplay details. Now we don't even have the shots. I'm going to be super-pissed if they don't advertise this game and then act surprised when it fails and refuse to do another one. The world needs more well-done alien/predator games that aren't just cheap cash-ins on movies.

3. UndeadRoadkill

UndeadRoadkill New Member

I liked AvP2, but I haven't played the first one.

4. KaiserWarrior

AvP2 was great, but it was a slower, less-frightening AvP. Oh yeah, and they cut out pretty much the entire dismemberment engine. There was nothing quite like chopping off a synthetic's arm, only to have him fire the shotgun one-handed, toss it up and grab it by the foregrip to jerk it down and cock it, then toss it back up again to grab it by the grip, level, and shoot again. AvP was sublime, and I highly recommend it, though it may be a bit rough to get it to run on XP/Vista.

5. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

I don't think I've actually seen any media for this game whatsoever but I know of the games existence.
    First quarter of 09 you say? :con:

Lruce

6. evilmrfrank

evilmrfrank Banned

I seriously don't think the game is coming out Q1 2009. Maybe Q2 or Q3 :p

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  7. MaestroMaus

MaestroMaus New Member

I am afraid this is going the same way as Hells Highway --> not enough time to finish/polish the game, which would really be a shame. AVP2 was phenomenal when it was released, and the concept of AVP holds a lot of potential to do a lot of different things in great ways. I sure hope the guys at Gearbox don't ruin the series.

8. evilmrfrank

evilmrfrank Banned

I think Hells Highway was pretty well finished and polished out. If your speaking of the multiplayer than Gearbox didn't even do it and the multiplayer was pretty lousy because of it.

9. Grobut

Grobut Комиссар Гробут

AvP was a good game, above average if you like scary games, but it wasen't quite great.

AvP2 was great, it had much better story telling, and was alot more creepy (whereas AvP could be a little too fast, and pile the action on too much ruining the paranoia feel a bit), a tough act to follow, though it was held back a bit by technical shortcommings.

This one.. yeah, i too fear that they wont give it the polish that it needs to be great, so many games just fall flat out short of their potential due to this thease days :(

10. Sarevok

Sarevok ...

hmmm...spider senses are tingling...

11. SPIDEYUT2K7

SPIDEYUT2K7 I see a blue screen

BIG FAN of Aliens!

Well im declaring that im a big fan of the series of Aliens, long time ago i played before AVP and AVP 2 with the respective expansion primal hunt, and both was a good experience of action and suspense combined with fear sometimes, the game is spooky man! haha and well, when i get the news flash about Aliens colonial marines WOW i was very hyped about it, and i cant wait much longer to play one more time in close encounters against the xenomorphs YEAH! bring it!!!!!! hope the game arrive soon :D

12. Brain

Brain PC to 360 convert

Been looking forward to this one for a long time. Here's hoping it doesn't suck.

13. Severin

Severin New Member

Must admit that I was only vaguely aware of this one and had assumed from the title that it would be an ETQW like twist on the franchise. A single player campaign will still be fun as long as its done well. So though a little disapointed by reading this I will probably still take a look at the game.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  14. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Few things in my life have made me jump out of my skin like a face hugger lunging at a screen. Whether it be an Alien movie or game.

I'm in.

15. Kharnellius

Kharnellius .

If this is anything like AVP2 I will simply die of awesomeness.

16. SPIDEYUT2K7

SPIDEYUT2K7 I see a blue screen

i feel the same, WORD :)

17. Quaglax

Quaglax May the funk be with you...

Spidey...I play you all the time in UT3....ex-otiq

18. KaiserWarrior

Also has 4-player class-based online co-op.

19. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

AVP2 was one of the finest lan party games ever made. team death match made perfect.

if it's anything like that it will be most awesome

20. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

I can't wait, I am hoping there "will" be a demo as well and soon.