1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alien and Predator movies

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Leo(T.C.K.), Apr 9, 2018.

1. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

Which are your favorites and what are you thoughts in general?

First off, I'd like to say it was a mistake that AVP3 wasn't made, even though it would be what a lot of you would have wanted to see (set in the future, as originally planned by avp2 but they had to go by a script on fox's decision).
    I also think that some of the Alien 3 scripts were better like the one with the prison setting, the original prison setting, not that wooden planet nonsense with monks, they just combined the two in the end...kind of.
    But there were at least two scripts that I remember seeing that were a lot better.

Then, I want to say that I loathe what Fox and co did with Scott's plans for the Alien prequel. Turned it into a mess that's continuity worse than the first avp film or..in general.
    And well Covenant was like combining Wrath of David...I mean KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN
    with Alien and shit and it fucking sucked but not as much in some ways as Prometheus sucked because none of the crew was likeable unlike in Covenant.

While Prometheus was fucking spaceodyssey trying to be connected with alien with some artifical distancing and everything made too bright and star trek and...in the end it wasn't the same planet even so why spend so much time explaining shit if you drift away from it in the end..unlike in that single planned movie that was to LEAD IN DIRECTLY TO FUCKING ALIEN!

It's like Delacroix took over Fox and started pouring his brain in....

Oh yea and the original Alien concept had a pyramid in it just like it's in the first avp movie except not in fucking polar cap that's fucking retarded it was meant to be on a planet...kinda like that pyramid in space in the avp game from 1999...

even THAT was better.

But okay...here we go.

So my favorites from top to bottom (meaning bottom the least fav).

Don't expect a majority opinion of it and the reason I rate AVP2 higher than AVP the movie is because it didn't mess with continuity and was more realistic/natural, there were no bullet time shots and other utter stupid BS.

The reason people hate is because it seemed too dark to see anything and because they get irritated. None of which is valid reason to bury the film under the ground because it did things a LOT better than the first film still...

Okay now the list finally. (some are almost tiers, though)

Predator

Alien

Aliens

Predator 2

Alien Resurrection

Aliens versus Predator: Requiem

Alien 3

Predators

Alien Covenant

Alien versus Predator

Prometheus - Yea fuck that, bottomfeeder scum sucking mud shit on a cliff YEEEA

Oh and if you want me to rate "alien isolation" or whatever, fuck that too just place it between Alien 3 and Predators.

2. Leo(T.C.K.)

Oh yea I forgot to even mention Alien 5...Sigourney Weaver agreed to return. Well fuck....

It would probably be about Ripley taking revenge on Weyland Yutani...but we'll never see that because of Scott etc....

Honestly the only way Ridley could make a good Alien movie again is if he'd cast Russel Crowe in it....

Or he should try and tackle the Predator franchise and make "Robin Hood versus Predator"

Fuck YEA

EDIT: Many of these movies I didn't watch for ages so my opinion might differ after re-watch sometime...and besides initially I saw them just dubbed at least many of them.

Sometimes dubbing takes a bad movie into a better one and vice versa.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  3. [VaLkyR]Assassin

[VaLkyR]Assassin Kidneythieves and Poets of The Fall Fan

For me Predators has been by far the worst, as it was cringeworthy hearing them saying some of the lines from the original Predator film. It's like they couldn't be bothered coming up with some new stuff to say. I've not seen Covenant yet, but I did actually like Prometheus more than AVP, which I found very average and ever so slightly dull - I never did get around to seeing Requiem. I've enjoyed the AVP franchise in game form, but less so in film...

I agree with your top 3 choices - Predator will always be number one for me. Alien and Aliens are pretty much equal for me, as they both have differing qualities, but are both great in their own way. I'd place Alien Resurrection above Predator 2 though, as I never was that keen on it. The second half was decent but the first half is pretty forgettable to me.

4. Leo(T.C.K.)

I just rewatched Predator 2 and it starts out pretty awful indeed, but overall might be more favorite for me than alien resurrection.

I haven't rewatched avp itself for a long time but really, in some ways it had more "originilaty" than prometheus, even though that's rather relative.

Otherwise pretty crap and I'd recommend seeing Requiem, just make sure you don't get all sunlight in the room, and perhaps turn up the brightness a bit.

It is a better alien versus predator movie than the first one honestly. The characters might seem annoying but honestly so are many people in towns like these...

5. evilgrins

evilgrins God of Fudge

What's awful about the start of Predator 2?!?

6. Leo(T.C.K.)

The really corny dialogue honestly. It was better in a dub even than in the original.

You only get to sympathize with the characters later, and only Danny Glover's performance is believable in that part of the movie.

7. evilgrins

evilgrins God of Fudge

You fiend!

8. Leo(T.C.K.)

I might put aliens above alien in terms of how I like it especially if I compare director's cut to aliens special edition of which the later one is certainly superior.
    I am of the opinion that the director's cut detracts from the suspense and actually the reason why many people hate aliens in particular that is "shows" too much etc.
    Well they don't know director's cut and the mess in continuity that it potentionally opens, but whatever the mess is nowhere as great as with the new RS films...

Moving on...I've noticed a strange similarity now between the "hatman" and the Predator. Perhaps the shadow people appear as shadow as form of camouflage?
    And they certainly get attracted by agression/conflict etc just like the Predators....

They're coming back, motherfuckers, they're coming back. *Predator theme plays just as he finishes saying that, camera zooming out from him and panning*