1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Airsoft] What should I get next?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fauker, Aug 4, 2003.

1. kungpaosamuraiii

kungpaosamuraiii HOVER TANKS

I might be wrong but the battery on the M4 is a small one also so it can last at most up to 5 hours... But I doubt you'll be going at it for 5 hours straight (shooting I mean.)

I would go for the M4 since it has the Weaver rail and can mount a lot of things on both sides of the foregrip and the upper reciever.

I have a question myself though. I have a TM M4A1 and the upper reciever doesn't come apart.. It does but seems to require a lot of strength. Did something go wrong with it? And how does my gun compare to others?

2. Eliwar

Eliwar -

but thats for stock weapons kung, not modified. it takes a lot more power to drive the stronger springs. Trust me an at least 8.4v 3300 battery is something that you will need in order to have an optimal performing weapon.

3. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

did you loosen the carrying handle screws first kung?

4. Sweep

Sweep New Member

You can stuff some decent sized custom v-shaped batteries into the standard M4 grips, not sure about the RIS grips. This one comes with a fake laser that holds a pretty decently sized battery anyway, that should work fine. The regular Mini would even power this setup just fine, it just wouldn't quite have the gusto it would with a bigger battery and it wouldn't last too long. Sticking a larger mah 9.6 volt in the fake laser is a good idea like the info mentions and will work fine.

You going to stick to standard cap mags? I hope you and your buddies don't dig the incredibly lame hi-cap mags, defeats the whole purpose of airsoft...

Just got a TM M733 myself, this custom M4 is pretty similar as far as overall weight, etc. Using mine I think that is the perfect AEG, it's very handy size wise yet is a little more accurate than the subguns due to inner barrel size (I'm assuming this one and the M733's inner barrel lenght is similar). It seems like a good choice. That P90 is just plain a rigged up "bling-bling" hokey POS.

5. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

P90's are **** for woodland games as well. The m16 mag on the side is just a hicap, that rattles, along with a resovoir, that rattles. Do not get that P90. Only way id consider getting it, would be to sell it on e-bay to a newbie for four grand. Stupid little ****ers hehe. Anyways, you'll do awesome with the Dev Gru. Airsoft supressors work well IMO, at range, they completely deafen teh sound, and not all detract from muzzle velocity, and some taht do, are good, as your weapon might be too powerful to use for CQB and the like. They dont "supress" the weapon, rather, make it difficult to tell the point of whence the bb came from. So if you are assaulting a 4 man squad by yourself, slap that supressor on there. They will know they are getting shot at, but it will be a good 30 seconds before they know where you are ;) I used one myself on my old G3A3 :D

6. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

Oh, and E Cale, the M4A1 has a flat top reciever, with a removable carry handle. It just takes some force Kung, but unless you know what the **** you are doing, dont open it. Lots of VERY VERY tiny screws t get lost, that are very expensive to replace. Oh, and E-Cale, to get a MSG-90, first of all, he would have to buy a G3SG-1, then buy the 400(?) dollar MSG-90 kit, after that, remove the gearbox, replace it with a PSG-1 mechbox for semi auto only, and true semi auto (where the spring is cocked BEFORE you shoot so there is no delay from pulling the trigger) get a 500 FPS Full Tune Up Kit which will run him probably......300 dollars, (for a TRUE tune up kit) not to mention a metal body and metal cocking tube to support the weight of the all metal barrell of the MSG-90 without beinding the barrell/snapping the Plastic reciever in half....

Anyways.....i have been airsofting for about 5 years now, got any questions, hollar (pm)

7. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

I considered buying a SG-1 and decking it out, but then i saw it would cost around a good 3 grand for teh whole sha-bizzle; I didnt want to sell my car to finance a recreational BB rifle.

Oh yeah, you'd also need a tightbore barrell for that MSG-90, but thankfully, they can be had for as little as 25 dollars.

8. ecale3

actually ranger there was a msg-90 allready assembled for sale on that site he was talking about. And i know the M4A1 has a removable carrying handle, but there are those big knobs on the side of the carrying handle that tighten it down, i was just asking if he had loosened those before trying to pull off the carrying handle.

9. ecale3

10. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

all i am saying, is that his MSG-90 isnt a real MSG-90. It uses a stock PSG-1 grip, PSG-1 outer barrell with threading on the tip, and has full automatic. More of a decked out SG-1 IMO. Full kits like that arent generally as nice. If he were to get that, IMO, there wold be ALOT of work needed to go into it before it would be a tre MSG-90. A fella on my team had a blinged out MSG-90 with some kind of day-night scope. Going against him was like going against a grizzly bear wearing a salmon suit. No offense intended in earlier posts, just trying to clarify thigns a bit. Alot of retailers like to juice **** up so it sounds like a great deal, then you get it, and are royally disappointed. The M4 that El Diablo might get is however, a very very good weapon :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2003
  11. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

What Eliwar ( DarkLiege ? ) said before. I would personnaly go for a flat M4 ( SR16 is even better ) before playing with an upgraded gun. For the battery, the highest the mAH, the higher it can compress the spring. Same things goes with voltage. Exemple : a 3300 maH 8.4 volt battery WILL be more powerfull than a 600 mah 9.6 volt battery. Weird but ...thats the way it works.

12. N'kEnNy

N'kEnNy New Member

Am I the only one who thinks that p90 looks horrible? Totally warped beyond all belief?

13. fauker

fauker Louqe

Dam straight, it's lookin really tempting. I making some last minute calls and checks around the net and locally but I can't find much of a better deal so this is looking prime for the taking.

14. -Snakebite-

-Snakebite- Hero

I want to get an SR-25, but I cant find any! I really wanted a decent airsoft sniper rifle, I've been looking at the BASR's, and there are some decent ones around, but they cost a lot to get up to spec.
    My other option is to get a SR-16 with a semi sniper setup, anyone have any ideas?

15. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

yeah, but you wont like the cost of it ;)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2003
  16. Prowler

Prowler "Building Better Worlds"

you can turn any rifle with a decent barrel length into a sniper rifle, it's all on how much you spend on your gearbox internals. The best you can get is a %250 spring which would give you around 450 fps if you have the right upgrades internally. Just make sure it can fit a version 2 gearbox. If your carefull can add up to about $400 for an upgrade kit. But remember some airsoft fields have fps limits. It all depends on the rules of the game.

I feel bad for those who order from the us, when you order from the us, it gets stuck or siezed if you have RL markings on your guns, and they have to have that orange puddy on the barrel at all times, not here in canada.

17. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

:clap: Way to go P! \o/, you da man. I have seen countersniper Mp5k's in my day, so anything is feasable. But Prow, if he's getting an armalite, he will need to get a reinforced gearbox for firing some Über powerful spring, or else it could cause some serious damage. Id have to say a systema silent piston head, systema oilless bearings, reinforced spring guide rod, and a PDI 140 or 150%(i use a 120% and get about 365 fps) should get you going good. i will only reccommend PDI springs, as they are a bit "softer" and wont strip gears in your gearbox. they are still good and powerful though. This upgrade will likely put you in the 400 + FPS range, which is perfect for a marksman's rifle. It will have great range, and power. but alot of fields will have a minimum target engagement range. For 400 + fps your probably looking at a 75-90 foot engagement limit. Anything beyond there, is fair game :) might i also suggest, a prometheus 6.03mm barrell? they are nice, but only use high quality bb's!

18. Prowler

Prowler "Building Better Worlds"

the gearbox that comes with a snipers kit comes with a new gearbox, piston, spring, and all the other bits and pieces that needed reinforcment. I have no idea about which would be the best piston head, but if you had the money you could buy and compair them. The kit comes with a TOP Power Piston set.

19. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

bah, the full sniper kits generally arent all that good man. Systema silent piston head gets the greatest amount of air out IMO, while absorbing alot of the impact, and not damaging you gearbox.

20. -Snakebite-

-Snakebite- Hero

I'm now leaning towards the CA M15A4, I've heard some great things about this rifle, and I'd prefer a full rifle to a carbine.