1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Airsoft] What should I get next?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fauker, Aug 4, 2003.

1. fauker

fauker Louqe

I've recently saved up about a grand and am looking to get a new electric airsoft gun since i've gotten more serious about the game.

Right now I have an L85 Bullpup that I got from MFI which I was very pleased with but knowing what I do now about the sport and the guns I am looking to go a little more high-tech. The L85 was electric but it was very basic (a beginners gun) and had little features and was not that powerful in comparison to what i'm looking at now.

I've found two very excellent guns done by Red Wolf Custom (RWC) that are in price range and very high quality. They also come with a nice array of attachments/accessories. So without further ado, here they be:

The first is RWC's P90 "Savage Hunter."
    [​IMG]
    The ultimate modern weapon that looks like a firearm of the future (or something out of the movie Aliens), the P90 Savage Hunter is loaded to the brim with accessories that can take on aliens and human foot soldiers alike! Based on the standard P90 platform, the Savage Hunter edition packs additional firepower with the installation of a box magazine that holds up to 1500 rounds for long skirmishes. Decked out with FIRST Factory RIS module and installed with a high power laser and flashlight modules for night-time scenarios. Super stylish carbon fiber silencer with adjustable angle foregrip module for steady fire. Full list of parts includes: Tokyo Marui P90 FIRST P90 Box Magazine NITRO RIS Foregrip NITRO VO.P90 Tactical RIS Module G&P Light and Mount Adapter G&P 6P Tactical Flashlight LAYLAX Carbon Fiber Silencer 8.4V1700mah

The second is RWC's M4 "D.E.V.G.R.U"
    [​IMG]
    This custom M4 variant is perfect for a variety of skirmishing situations. Built to last with a full metal receiver laser engraved with the Bushmaster logo and sporting a custom trigger guard, this rugged piece also possesses an RIS rail for attachment of various support accessories. A laser unit battery holder actually can hold a 1100mah or 1700mah 9.6v battery (sold separately) that can power up to Level 4 upgrades. Custom extendable LE stock is durable and adds character to an already unique looking gun. Custom machined rear sight provides targetting abilities without the full bulkiness of a complete carrying handle set. To add further rigidity and compactness, this gun is installed with a one piece compact metal outer barrel. An included Classic Army SOCOM silencer screws right onto the end of the threaded barrel. Original flash hider is included so you can choose to switch between the two setups for normal or stealth operations. Note that scope and scope mount as pictured are not included, and laser unit is not included with the battery holder. An ICS laser unit can be purchased separately to fit inside the battery box (also designed by ICS and intended to accommodate the separate laser unit). Scope as pictured NOT included.

Here are the vitals for each.

P90 Savage Hunter
    Product Brand: RedWolf Custom Guns
    Product Code: RWC-P90HUNTER Hop-Up ADJUSTABLE
    Weight: 3,800 g
    Length: 742.0 mm
    Capacity: 1500 rds
    Power: 265.0 fps
    Motor: EG1000
    Battery Size: 9.6v3000mah
    Shooting Mode(s): Semi, Full Auto
    Price: (USD) $766.00

M4 D.E.V.G.R.U
    Product Brand: RedWolf Custom Guns
    Product Code: RWC-M4-DEVGRU Hop-Up ADJUSTABLE
    Weight: 3,600 g
    Length: 680.0 mm
    Capacity: 68 rds
    Power: 285.0 fps
    Motor: EG1000
    Battery Size: Small
    Shooting Mode(s): Semi , Full Auto
    Price: (USD) $698.00

Whaddya think?

2. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

The RWC guns are nice and all, but IMO it's more fun to get a base gun and work it out from there on. If i had to choose, id honestly say the Dev Gru, as i have used a P90 like the one pictured, and it rattles like a mother ****er. Get the Dev Gru, and a bunch of G&P 130 round standard magazines. and a power upgrade to about 350 fps and you'll be set. id say get about 5 G&P 130 rounders. Stay away from hicaps. they are a pain in the ass.

3. fauker

fauker Louqe

Well first, I also want to get a base model and customize my own soon but for now I want one that is professionally done since i'm still not that experianced with cusomization.

And yeah, I was planning on like a level 3 power upgrade anyway for whichever I got.

But this rattling, why/how does it rattle? You say it's done that with a P90 that was similar to that RWC above? But how similar?

4. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

everythimg minus the supressor, tac lights, and the sam fisher custom front end. It had the M16 box magazine. THink of it this way, teh box mag holds 1500 some odd rounds, now, it's a resovoir, and the bb's rattle around when the gun is not crammed with them. Kind of defeats the purpose of that supressor....

5. fauker

fauker Louqe

Ahh didn't think about that. Good point.

Usually when my friends and I or anyone I play with do skirmishes stealth in that sense doesn't really matter since as soon as someone fires we know where they are (or their general location from where the shot came from). We usually rely on physical cover like, well, camoflauge.

But that's a good point, couldn't I just get a different mag though in which that kind of problem is non existent or would (due to the way its been customized) that P90 not even accept a different kind?

6. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

youd have to rip that 200+ dollar POS offa there, and waste time and money buying P90 mags, and looking for a mag holder for them :p

7. Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~ You're all gay and stupid.

That P90 is bling bling. Definitely buy it.

8. recon1337

recon1337 Halo boy

wow, it looks like that FN2000 from splinter cell. get it and you'll be a sam fisher lookalike. :)

9. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

lol the p90 weights more than the m4
    i know shit about air soft but that fake fn2000 looks cool ;)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2003
  10. LieLestoSbrat

LieLestoSbrat Can You Count? Sucka's

That P90 Looks Fin amazing, wish I had the dosh to do something like that to mine. All i've got is the standard out the box TM P90, and to me its the dogs danglys.

11. jasdave

jasdave New Member

the dev gru M4 seems the have the power at a cheaper price. I'd get it, unless you wanna look all pimped out during an air soft war game.

One question, are silencers really that important?
    I don't know a whole lot about air soft guns, do they actualy make a loud noise, like an actual fire arm or rifle, when fired?

12. Lightzout

Lightzout Infiltration Player

Is the spare magazine on the side of the P90 a battery or something integral to the gun? Cuz' it looks awkward If youre right handed. I wouldnt want that forward baton grip on either since I imagine theres little recoil but those toys are both really nice looking. The P90 looks best for CQB (duh) but I would take the other methinks- whats the shooting range difference the two guns? I dont know much about Airsoft. I would spend my money on new mountain bike.

13. jasdave

jasdave New Member

^^^ The m4 has the better power, so it would be going the furthest, on average.

14. Eliwar

Eliwar -

I wouldn't get either gun. i mean if you are going to be competing, you're probably going to be in an environment that could easily break or ruin the gun completely. I have a g3sg1 upgraded to 350, but no other mods. Keeping it simpler and only putting money into the things you need is a much better way to go IMO.
    scopes aren't really needed, the bbs don't go father than what you can iron site easily
    suppressors don't really work to well and detract from muzzle velocity if they do
    steal recievers are good, get as much metal in the gun as you can.
    a mounted flashlight might be useful, but then again if you just go with basic upgrades you could buy yourself a generation one night scope which would be even better.

its all about practicality, not w0000 my gun has 1337 things on it, makes it look pretty.

15. fauker

fauker Louqe

I agree Eliwar which I why I am going to get the M4.

The P90, while quite bling-bling :)D) is not really what I need, in fact it's more, ney, it's too much.

First, it's much more suited for CQB what with the laser and flashlight not to mention its shorter range.

Second, I'd rahter not have a flashlight or laser either as both give away your position. I am planning on buying a night scope which would be much more useful. A scope is good, a scope that can penetrate the darkness and not giveaway your position is better.

Third, the M4 just looks so much more rugged and real. The P90 wouldn't last a second in the jungle of my backyard and the other forests we play at. And we play hard too, the people I play with take this military experiance for real. And that P90 looks like it's afraid of dirt.

Note this part about the M4:

"Built to last with a full metal receiver laser engraved with the Bushmaster logo and sporting a custom trigger guard, this rugged piece also possesses an RIS rail for attachment of various support accessories."

:tup:

16. Eliwar

Eliwar -

another thing to think about too is that the M4 doesn't really have a good spot to put a larger battery which you definately will want to have when you upgade the fps and rof. that means you'll need something like a mag pouch to put the battery. External wires aren't really a good thing though.

actually if I was going to spend 700ish on my gun I'd get an:

Ak47.................base price.................: 213.00
    full metal reciever and front.................: 233.00
    Level 3 upgrade (400fps, 9.6v 3300MA).: 145.00
    .......1. Install PDI M130 spring
    .......2. Systema Bearing middle gear
    .......3. Systema Steel bushings
    .......4. Systema Steel gears
    .......5. Battery Compartment Mods
    .......6. Fuse removal
    2 extra mags....................................: 50.00
    Ak47.................total price................: 641.00

60 dollars left over to buy a quarter of decent herb
    but thats just me :)

17. fauker

fauker Louqe

That's excellent but how easy are some of those to install yourself? Like I said i'm doing this now becuase i've not too much experiance (at all) at modding the gun myself. Could I buy those parts and have maybe my local airsoft shop do the install?

Plus I really don't mind carrying extra batteries, we usually don't play that long. Either that or the individual rounds don't last long enough for that to matter because you can change inbetween games.

And btw, I'll make sure to keep in mind the purchasing of the decent "herb" ;)

18. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

get the MSG-90

19. Eliwar

Eliwar -

what I put down can all be done by redwolf, none of it you have to do youself. Aeg airsoft is technically illegal in michigan so we don't have any airsoft shops, though I'm sure that they would carry upgrade parts. I'm not sure about how easily they are to install yourself though, when I open an airsoft gun, I tend to usually break it, therefore I don't do it. :p But I'm also almost sure that most shops would be able to do upgrades.

and I wasn't talking about extra batteries, the mini battery wouldn't be able to give you enough juice to power your gun, you'd need a bigger battery connected externally, meaning that you'll have a cord running free to where ever you place your battery. That sucks because either you have it in a mag pouch and you can't not carry the gun without taking the battery out or the pouch off or build a faux sidebyside magazine one being the battery and one being the actual magazine which tips off the guns balance and affects aim.

20. fauker

fauker Louqe

Ahh, you're saying i'd just need a completley different sized, larger battery? Right, right, well in that case I may have to reconsider.

Hell the M4 is looking really sweet right about now.