[Airsoft] S.O.S. Save Our Sport, In the UK.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Shakken brought this to my attention.

Apparently there is some "issues" in UK reguarding Airsoft.

On the 8th June 2005 the government unveiled plans to prohibit the sale, manufacture import and distribution of ALL replica firearms in the UK, this now falls under the “ Violent Crime Reduction Bill ” and unfortunately our beloved hobby and the guns we use to play our sport are in jeopardy.

In response to these actions we have created this website and with the help of Airsoft games sites, retailers, collectors, gamers and enthusiasts from around the UK we hope the unite the Airsoft community under a single banner.

The purpose of this unification to the let the government know that the sport of Airsofting is a perfectly safe and respectable pastime that contributes to reducing crime by taking young people off the streets and giving them a safe, active and fun hobby that anyone can enjoy.

Its been awhile since Shakken, or I have posted here, but I thought you guys might want to know about this, and possibly help.

You can help by going to : http://www.saveairsoft.org/

Last edited:

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
UK would turn in the only other EU country next to Holland in which airsoft would be banned. Heh, more proof that working together means copying each others faults IMO :)

All I would want is a specific area in which I could play from time to time, much like paintball. Oh well, there is always emmigration to Canada.

That said I do hope that in a couple of years all the Brits I know will be able to play airsoft should they want to, it's one of the coolest hobbies I know of.

Feb 26, 2001
England
That sucks. I own an SR-16 and a SV Infinity airsoft in England. And its so damn expensive over there, the stuff is half the price here (yet I dont own anything :)).