1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aim exercises

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Nereid, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

No doubt there are various exercises to help your aim (Angel Mapper's target practice mut being one), so we might as well collect them somewhere as a nice reference. :)

Here's one I came up with:
    Go to the hallway between Shock and Flak on DM-Rankin (not the amp hallway, the other one), pull out shock, use allammo or UTComp warmup, shoot a shock core down the flak room, shoot another down the shock room, combo the first one, then combo the second one. Repeat. No idea if it works, but at least it needs a fair bit of twitch aim.

Any others?

[edit]No SlayerDragon, masturbating is not an aiming exercise.[/edit]

2. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

Once I made that map to train in leading high-velocity targets with non instant weapons or comboing them. Run it with w/out bots, go to the balcony with weapons and ammo, and then add the bot via console (addbots 1). Have a nice training.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  3. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

You should add a train to that map. :)

4. briach

briach ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ

[​IMG]Hit

[​IMG]Miss

It's fairly easy to tell if you miss or hit from across the hallway, because if you miss you'll see a sliver where as if you miss you see a dot.

I generally start with consistent acute xhair angle displacement and twitch to target, and then when I get consistent hits, I start doing wider angles. Then I do strafe aim, and then I start integrating controlled strafe with compensating twitch or mouse aim. Then I start doing this with different distances to target. Then I start doing shock or rocket continuous circular motion aiming while jumping around, and then I start dodge jumping across hallway and taking shots, etc etc

5. BarneyGumball

BarneyGumball Just Another User

What i do is load up InstaGib CTF (Instant Action) and add 7 or so bots,

then setting their level to Adept\Masterful (that's just a level that makes it competitive)

that's what i do for hitscan anyway...

6. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I tried using the Angel Mapper aiming mutator for a while. It's really well done and all, but I just can't stand practicing. I'd rather just play and have fun.

7. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

agreed, I hate drilling.

8. ShakeZula

ShakeZula New Member

I do that! Well not often, because as hal says it gets boring extremely quickly... But I have done it a few times since I saw Ancalagon. It's completely applicable in matches too, if you've picked up the Shock chasing someone to the 100a and you can pull off those double combos they're f***ed :).

Other stuff I've tried includes the AngelMapper mut (exceedingly boring) and instagib botmatches... Either Novice bots on Gael (just to practise consistency, and SCREW YOU IT'S FUN) or a few Godlike bots on a map that doesn't get you spawnkilled over and over again. Godlike bots jump and walldodge a lot so they're tougher to hit, but I dunno really how much that helps. Hitting fast-moving human targets is more about prediction imo, and you can't learn that from bots.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  9. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Wandering spirit

This is how I use AngelMapper's target practice:
    [SCREENSHOT]http://users.skynet.be/taleweaver/TargetPractice.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Since the starting conditions are always the same, it gives a rather objective idea how much you improve (=the total accuracy).

Oh, and I always play some soothing music during the time.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  10. The Warden

The Warden this is usually where youll find me

I usually play IG.
    10 mins, anymore and bordom persues.
    watch the bot level at a certian point it's not even fun IE. godlike.

11. ShakeZula

ShakeZula New Member

Do you stand still or move around when doing this? In-game of course, I don't mean in real life ;)

12. ALG

ALG Gallardo

Hardcore!

13. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Wandering spirit

standstill, so it won't practice strafe-aiming.

(still gotta find a way to make that work consistently :hmm:)

14. dc

dc

Here's what I do:
    I play scrims and matches instead of wasting my time shooting at barrels. :[

15. nuttella

nuttella Scare

Huh? Your drone gun is shooting a deemer? Mine only shoots shock cores, and it doesn't register hits for lightning or rockets.

16. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

It Can shot deemers too.

17. CyMek

CyMek Dead but not gone.

The drone can shoot cores, deemers, and translocaters.

I agree with everyone who says "I play." It's a game, and I play it to have fun, not to try adn wipe the floor with everyone else.

18. nuttella

nuttella Scare

Well, how do you make it shoot different things?

19. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

Before deploying the drone gun, right-click to change the kinds of things it fires, iirc.

20. HuggyBear

HuggyBear manta claus

I'm with ya, buddy. I figure I get enough practice just keeping fools away from my flag.