1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AI implementation to U2XMP

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by VendorX, Feb 9, 2011.

1. VendorX

VendorX Member

I spend a little time loocking for someone who sukseed (or almost) with 'AI in U2XMP' and ges what - nobody. After this post i decide to open new discussion about this subject. It's time to do something with this...

Like i sead, already i heave some experience and for good start i find my old script. It's meas, but it work...

Things like:
    relatin NPC - Objective, setup defence, attack, weapons, comunication - solved.

ToDo:
    NPC skill (this is why when you run this script NPC's almost dont shout - skill is on easy), RL alt fire - targeting (tracetarget=(0,0,0)...), interaction like healing, repering, reviving still dont work, network and meany others small bags.

This script isn't even a middle-work, but good examle for someone who needs a little push in good direction. For dose peoples i can make upload, just let me now...

Ps: i now, my english isn't good - sorry for that.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  2. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

Well I sure hope your coding is better than your english. :p

If there will be too many bugs I guess someone can take over the project from you if you would agree. I will try this later.

3. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Leo, come on.

4. Leo(T.C.K.)

What? He said his english isn't good, himself in the post, and that wasn't after I posted mine.

Btw where is the download link? I just wanted to try it, I would swear there was one.

5. VendorX

VendorX Member

6. Leo(T.C.K.)

I'm not trying that now, it replaces original files, better make a system which doesn't do that, what happened to making new system file? But I guess others can test it now.

7. DeusIX

DeusIX Engineer

Damn VendorX, you are on fire! Just don't over-stress yourself. :p

8. VendorX

VendorX Member

Bee cool... It's the only way to do this. In oryginal code you can't find any trace about AIController. I repeat, this modyfication is just for testing - if you dont want dont do that. BTW, engin is untouched.

9. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

If it overwrites files, then it will probably cause a version mismatch. Better avoid that.

10. VendorX

VendorX Member

OOOOOO! - ...overwrites files...
    OOOOOO! - ...version mismatch...

Peaple... Just make backup and try it.
    Everyone ask for AI, but start panic when is made...

11. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Not panic, we just make sure that you're aware of the issue. It wouldn't be nice if the mod let you play with bots but at the same time denied access to online play, now would it? ;)

12. VendorX

VendorX Member

To be clear, i dont want finish this mod... I start discution for those who loocking for an idea, it's up to them to do this. And yes, youre right it's agresive way i know, but maby somone after loocking at this piese of work can find another way. Today i run U2XMP and guess what - nobodys there... Meantime UTXMP comunity still egsist, still is active. Why..? AI... You now that. I hope that somone dont let to die U2XMP...

13. takwu

takwu cXp coder TakĀ®

VendorX,
    Thanks a Million!!!

I haven't tried it yet cause I don't even have XMP installed at the moment.

If this works, it is a great start. I will continue this, but not necessarily as full blown Xmp bots. We will see...

Those talking about version mismatch, I hear ya. This is not yet a mod you can play, but it could be valuable scripts that leads to some form of AI opponents in Xmp in a future mod(s).

If you want to help but not a coder yourself, just help find someone who is interested to do this.

Thanks and hope this leads somewhere!

14. VendorX

VendorX Member

Of course i can help... For this purpose is this thread. If anybody have the questions i'm still here. BTW, i find also source code for that modyfication. Here is download link.
    First of all, i don't made it, most of code is from UT2k4 - this is juts simple adaptation of that code.

Ps: let me know about your progress - all of you, who want to do something with this modyfication.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011