1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

After 2.9 suggestions

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Gurra, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

I would take a smaller clip for a refined, faster, .45ACP pistol.... If you're good enough with the gun, you won't even need those 3 bullets anyway :D

2. Warlocke[KY2]

Warlocke[KY2] New Member

Ah yes, now I remember why I don't often post to video game forums.

I've been an INF fan since the beginning, I pimp it to anyone with a computer.
    Things would be different if I had actual human beings to play with, but I don't. I RUN the server that I play on; I don't see why some of the features in Infiltration can't have a server-side On/Off switch. How does this hurt someone who likes INF the way it is? It doesn't. So why you feel the need to mock me is something of a mystery. I'm not some noob demanding that near misses with the robar take off limbs. So you can kindly take your sarcasm someplace else, or at least learn to spell it properly.

Insomniac: Thanks for the advice, I tried that before but it didn't seem quite right. Perhaps I should give it another look.

-----------------------------
    Warlocke - Who, by the way, has never used the 8-ball mutator.

3. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

4. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

Negative. The 1911A1 wieghs 37.8 ounces (without magazine) and is 8.64 inches long. While the Mk23 is 38.5 ounces (without magazine) and 9.80 inches long.

The difference in weight is exaggerated further by the addition of fully loaded magazines.
    -----------------

For my own suggestions, I would like to see tweaks to the damage model to more accurately reflect which rounds in the game are effective at producing the bleeding and tissue destruction associated with effectively ceasing the target's ability to fight back and those that aren't (Like .45 JHP vs. 5.7mm AP).

I'd like to be able to aim my smoke grenades like fragmentation grenades instead of them just dropping 2 or 3 in front of me. It's not a huge deal, but it's a problem when a teammate stands infront of you, or you need to throw over an object or into a window. Namely when I got pinned down behind a car on ACityBlock I couldn't throw over the car to make a smoke screen between me and the sniper.

Also there is a lot of stuff in the game that is somewhat important but isn't mentioned in the manual. I'll call it community knowledge, because the only reason some people know is because they are very active in the community. Having to aim the PSG-1 at someone's feet at short ranges because of it's zero is the only one I can think of right now, but I'm sure their are more.

The loadout menu is a a chore to use because I haven't found a way to change a loadout slightly then save it as a new loadout. That agitates me because my loadouts come from the same basic template with minor tweaking for different situations and I have to start from scratch every time.

I would like more maps like Mostar with changing spawn and objective locations. And maybe a few maps with different styles of objectives.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2003
  5. Soul Assailant

Soul Assailant New Member

I dont know if anyones posted this one or not, and they probably have, but I'm waiting for my ghille suit. This'll probably have to wait for 3.0 or whatever, because the enviroments for UT seem kind of limited compared to UT2k3. I was also hoping to find more outdoorsy kind of maps, like Road to Khandahar, but with more vegetation and big rocks to hide behind. Kinds where you are pretty open about what paths you can take to achieve your objective. I find that in most of the maps, there are but a few ways to the brief case, so it comes down to troop movement suppresion for the defenders, and this makes attacking so much harder than it has to be. Its harder to attack when the element of surprise is eliminated because the enemy knows the few ways to the objective you are going to try and nab. Just a couple thoughts. :)