AFA Server #2 is up and running!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Go check it out folks. It features yurch's RealAim mutator, which is definitely a big hit amongst the realism crowd. Also, the server features some of the largest maps available to INF, and there will be more to come once I can access my ftp.

Commonly asked questions:

1> Why can't I sprint?
Well, due to the limitations of yurch's mutator, you cannot sprint while aiming. So take that weapon out of your shoulder there, nasty and haul it!

2> Whoa. My zoom is all sorts of screwwed up! Sniping is too difficult!
Yes, sniping is more difficult. If you want to pop off those amazing shots that even GySgt Carlos Hathcock would drop his jaw at, well, you better not be standing! Either that, or get some skills with no senstivity adjusted scopes!

3>Why is my stamina draining so fast?
Because you are trying to sprint constantly. They call it sprinting for a reason. Try jogging, that will last you plenty long enough with a realistic loadout.

4>Why can't I move as fast as on most other servers?
The speeds have been adjusted to more realistic levels.

5> Why shouldn't I go to another server?
Dunno. You tell me, punk. If you go to another server, I'll be forced to eat your first born child. :D
Seriously, some may not like it. That's fine with me. But try it for about an hour. I believe the added realism makes INF all that more tense. Stay frosty people!

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
I confirm! Ping below 200 from Belgium with a 1.2 Mb dsl connection. But not much ppl today...Well, I had a duel with Puncher and it was fun to do an one-on-one in such big maps.

P.S.: Didn't verify, is Remaggen in ? :)

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Status update:
I am working on setting up the mutator for further changes. I gotta re-class a whole lotta stuff, and Its getting rather ugly as I hit the attachments.
But then I will have a new level of control over the stuff (hopefully!)

St0rmcaller

Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Can anyone tell me where in the ini is the part that adds bots to the game? As of right now, if you are the only one on, you have absolutely nothing to shoot at. And according to the webadmin, I have four bots added already. Sigh.

St0rmcaller

Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Yes, Sebu, one of many wonderful side effects of yurch's red-headed step-child. By slowwing down to realistic speeds, it's possible for people with poor modem connection to enjoy a good ol' game of "oh-my-fukkin-god-you-shot-my-arm-off-you-nasty-big-bad-meany-you-will-die-for-that-now!" :D

And yes, I can post, but only at work. Still working on it at home. Does anyone know off hand if the riched20.dll would have anything to do with that?

Sebu_NZ

Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!
Dec 25, 2000
New Zealand
www.muttonbone.com
Another map i just thought of, been in my mind since colt's thread, is DM-Malaria by Gun. Its only some 600K (hence everyone's firend) I think its one of the best jungle maps around, IMO, Its not a poly whore either so there another plus, with AFA style it could be a winner.

Here It Is

Try it at least for awhile, hell its only 572 KB :)

Harry_C

Getting old ... and drunk
Apr 2, 2001
France
Visit site
Does anyone know off hand if the riched20.dll would have anything to do with that?

What is the problem with the riched20.dll ?
Does Windows say it has a wrong size ?
If so you have been probably infected by the nimda virus.

Zach10k

The AeroMaggot
Apr 6, 2001
NY
Visit site
I've been playing INF for almost 2 years now, but have only recently begun to brave the online battleground. AFA's new server is EVERYTHING I need to get into the online ecstasy that is Infiltration. Thanks a lot guys! I get decent connection speeds, and with yurch's mutator I saw actual teamwork! No, seriously, I did. I played for hours on the server today, even fought alongside Stormcaller and Yurch for a while, it was pretty cool. Nothing like plugging some M16 rounds (no ACOG!!) into the evil desert camoed badguys in EP. Hehe, just thought I'd let you guys know I love the server, best place to play hands down. (this whole thing sounds like a sales pitch... oh well) Keep up the good work boys, and I'll see you tomorrow:D

St0rmcaller

Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
I like sales pitches for my server! Please feel free! PAying for the damn server was the best mistake I ever made. :D

And btw, Harry C, yes I had been nailed by the Nimda virus, since been removed.

Camel_Toe(l)

Form Fitting
Mar 19, 2001
Not Toledo!
AFA, ggs on the server last night. We moved our "practice" (actually we were just messing around) over to your server and had a good time. After yurch finishes tweaking the mutator, i hope it gets more play. :)

There you have it, the AFA server receives the official approval of GHOST (not that it means anything, lol)