Advice and help needed for new mapping project

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tasfalen

Dec 14, 2004
I need to build a special map for a research-related project and I plan on using a FPS engine.

This map is outdoors, and will require vegetation. I also need to place several buildings on the map. You need to be able to enter the buildings, although they are fairly simple, architecturally (think pagodas). I also need to use a lot of custom textures and models. Finally, I would like to populate the map with costumed noncombatants if possible (this is not a game, it is a model).

First, I need advice. What game engine will accomplish what I need? I have some ideas but any advice is welcome.

Second, I'm seeking help. I am in a position to pay a small cash honorarium. I would like to learn a little about the process (last mapping I did was for Doom 1!) but your role can be negotiated.

If you are interested in helping, tell me what you can do, what your qualifications are, and what you expect (keep in mind I said _small_ cash honorarium - this is research and not work, unfortunately).

If you can offer help or advice, please contact me directly by email: me@spamnot.jasonwgeorge.ca (remove the spamnot. bit, yada yada).

Thanks in advance!