ADR Items RX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I'm starting a thread because I've changed a lot, with some things you need to know. No, really - you need to know you can turn off/on invisibility etc! Please keep in mind that this is just my first pass, one that I've spent a lot of time on, but if people don't like it that won't do. :)

:chainsaw::redflag::sniper::rockon: :llama:

I'm using Dagger's ADR as a base for my changes and additions with his permission. Thanks Dagger! ADR fixes some issues EO has, cleans up the code in ways and has just been a great starting place for me as a fledgling coder. It also has team colored projectiles made by Illuminati, which I like very much - some good weapon skins, too. That said, I've mostly rewritten everything from the ground up (masta copy pasta) lol, and left very little of what you'll see in-game unchanged in my wake. This isn't just a slight retake on EO and UT, it's a major one. Please treat it as something new if you can.... and have fun! ADR is broken up into a gametype and two standalone mutators - the ADR Core (gametype), ADR Weapons and ADR Items. It's a nice system. Rather than waiting until I have everything done and stressing about it, I thought I would release the items pack first, and then the weapons one by one. Perhaps just as an optional gametype to start with. Starting with this, ADR Items R01.

I should add that respawns have been lowered from the default game, but in some cases slightly raised from my last version.

Invisibility

Well, this has been feeling a bit OP lately, hasn't it? Glad to see you guys using it now, but sheesh. That said, invisibility is cool, so I wanted to make it even cooler while balancing it a bit better.

Invisibility can now be turned off/on. You need to bind InventoryActivate and InventoryNext. Firing and getting hit reveals you briefly. Pretty cool. I looked to RocketsUT for how to do the reveal.

UDamage

UDamage can now be turned off/on. This could be really impactful.... I'll see how it turns out. UDamage you are given has a shorter duration than UDamage you pick up.

Jump Boots

Can be turned off/on. Does not auto-activate. Jumping does not consume a charge. Enjoy your trampoline. When activated you move faster. For 6 seconds? Sparkyyy? Also increases your mass a weeee bit (more on that below), but IMO just the air control you gain more than balances it out.

Health Keg

Heals for 400, up to the maximum health value 600.

Health Vials

These were added back in by Dagger. They'll give you up to 449 health.

Health Packs

I added these back in. They heal for 75, up to 325 health. Which means, you can grab one as soon as you spawn and have 325 health.

Armor System

Every pickup you have will show up on the (enhanced) player icon now. You may want to keep track of them with the changes. Thigh Pads and Chest Armor are now stackable with the Shield Belt. They do not add to the shieldbelt's value. They rest underneath it. The Shield Belt cannot be renewed by them anymore. What this means is that the total armor value you may have, currently, is 600. Compared to 375 or 350 in my last version. Before you go bonkers, think about it. :) Individual values have been nerfed slightly to compensate for this, and the Shield Belt can't be renewed by other armor types any more. Let's see how it plays. And.... I've made some changes to how some armors effect mass/movement speed.... On the whole, I'd like for you to be able to achieve a little more survivability than my last version, but at a slight cost you may not want to pay. The Shield Belt by itself has none of those last changes, but since you can stack it with the armor types now..... well, your choice, eh?

Shield Belt

300 armor, non-renewable by other armor types.

Chest Armor

200 Armor. Reduces movement speed. From 1.000000 to 0.990000. See? It's small. You're going to feel it though. :) Also increases your mass. Meaning, you're more resistant to momentum. Meaning..... well, I don't think Sparky is going to want to pick this up anymore. Sorry Sparky!

Thigh Pads

100 Armor. Same deal, half the values of Chest Armor.

So, main points:
When you spawn you can quickly get your health up further on the way to your destination. Invisibility, UDamage and Boots and be stored and activated when you want them. Invis received something of a nerf, but like everything else (ideally) was buffed overall. You may want to make choices on your armor now.

I know, this is all very different. I'm going out on a limb here. I'm trying to do something fun and cool that is maybe going too far. But maybe not if you treat is as something new. I want your honest feelings, even if I might not like them. Because obviously, I don't want to be putting all this time and effort into something other people don't have fun playing! :)

Oh, and (thanks to Enhanced Items) effects like shields now extend over your weapon even in first person view. Adds something to the experience. And of course.... I've given everything in this Item pack new graphics and sounds. Pretty sweet stuff. Mostly using materials from Nali Weapons. Huge props to Nali Weapons. And much of what I have done is made possible by Enhanced Items - major creds to both!

Please withhold judgement until you can try it.... but please let me know what you're thinking, regardless!

KNOWN ISSUES

I have noticed that some effects are not working as intended with activation/deactivation/effect over weapon. If anyone wants to do testing and and get specifics I'd sure appreciate it.

Also, instead of being given to the player, the UDamage is dropped on the player and has to be picked up.

Also, the graphics on the items are not complete. They have another layer which I was unable to add to them in my hurried attempt. Though, in some cases I kind of like how they turned out (when I replaced the initial texture). And in the case of Invis, the particles were crashing anyone who looked at them. Kind of like Medusa.

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Invisibility

Well, this has been feeling a bit OP lately, hasn't it? Glad to see you guys using it now, but sheesh. That said, invisibility is cool, so I wanted to make it even cooler while balancing it a bit better.

Invisibility can now be turned off/on. You need to bind InventoryActivate and InventoryNext. Firing and getting hit reveals you briefly. Pretty cool. I looked to RocketsUT for how to do the reveal.
At first I thought you meant I could turn invisibility off so nobody with it was actually invisible. I was very excited. I just can't see people with invisibility unless it's a particularly dark map. One day I'll figure out the proper brightness so I can see. Otherwise I'll keep getting beat up by ghosts. [I know the point of invisibility is to make you almost invisibile, but it actually makes you invisible to me.]
UDamage

UDamage can now be turned off/on. This could be really impactful.... I'll see how it turns out. UDamage you are given has a shorter duration than UDamage you pick up.
Interesting. Is the timer only active while the item is activated? This question applies to Invisibility too.
Jump Boots

Can be turned off/on. Does not auto-activate. Jumping does not consume a charge. Enjoy your trampoline. When activated you move faster. For 6 seconds? Sparkyyy? Also increases your mass a weeee bit (more on that below), but IMO just the air control you gain more than balances it out.
So, by default, when you get the boots, jumping will not use a charge and JUMP? You have to turn them on to do that? I am not all that upset about it as I try not to use the boots to jump, but I think this will affect everybody else quite a bit.
Also, since they're not auto activated, does this mean rocket jumping after picking them up (without activating) does not have the added mass or air control? Boo.
Finally, I'm not a fan of increased speed. I think we're moving fast enough already. This was what I hated most about jetboots at first, and kept on hating until it was disabled. I feel the same as the guy with the boots as I do without. How fast are you talking?

Armor System

Every pickup you have will show up on the (enhanced) player icon now. You may want to keep track of them with the changes. Thigh Pads and Chest Armor are now stackable with the Shield Belt. They do not add to the shieldbelt's value. They rest underneath it. The Shield Belt cannot be renewed by them anymore. What this means is that the total armor value you may have, currently, is 600. Compared to 375 or 350 in my last version. Before you go bonkers, think about it. :) Individual values have been nerfed slightly to compensate for this, and the Shield Belt can't be renewed by other armor types any more. Let's see how it plays. And.... I've made some changes to how some armors effect mass/movement speed.... On the whole, I'd like for you to be able to achieve a little more survivability than my last version, but at a slight cost you may not want to pay. The Shield Belt by itself has none of those last changes, but since you can stack it with the armor types now..... well, your choice, eh?
Given how elusive Osk is already (mostly because I am being shot down by him every 11 seconds) I fear more armor is going to make him as close to invincible as one can get. We'll see :)

Chest Armor

200 Armor. Reduces movement speed. From 1.000000 to 0.990000. See? It's small. You're going to feel it though. :) Also increases your mass. Meaning, you're more resistant to momentum. Meaning..... well, I don't think Sparky is going to want to pick this up anymore. Sorry Sparky!
Why do I get the feeling this new setup is the anti-sparky version? :p
I'll see what happens when I pickup the armor. A 1% decrease in speed doesn't seem all that bad, nor does the change in mass. I've always wondered what would happen if the game were setup this way.

So, main points: You start with 35 armor and can quickly get your health up further on the way to your destination. Invisibility, UDamage and Boots and be stored and activated when you want them. Invis received something of a nerf, but like everything else (ideally) was buffed overall. You may want to make choices on your armor now.

I know, this is all very different. I'm going out on a limb here. I'm trying to do something fun and cool that is maybe going too far. But maybe not if you treat is as something new. I want your honest feelings, even if I might not like them. Because obviously, I don't want to be putting all this time and effort into something other people don't have fun playing! :)

Oh, and (thanks to Enhanced Items) effects like shields now extend over your weapon even in first person view. Adds something to the experience. And of course.... I've given everything in this Item pack new graphics and sounds. Pretty sweet stuff. Mostly using materials from Nali Weapons. Huge props to Nali Weapons. And much of what I have done is made possible by Enhanced Items - major creds to both!

Please withhold judgement until you can try it.... but please let me know what you're thinking, regardless!
I am going to give it a try with an open mind. For the most part I am excited. I'm a bit concerned with needing to bind two new keys. My setup doesn't offer that flexibility right now. I don't know how I am going to handle activation / scrolling of items.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
h
At first I thought you meant I could turn invisibility off so nobody with it was actually invisible. I was very excited. I just can't see people with invisibility unless it's a particularly dark map. One day I'll figure out the proper brightness so I can see. Otherwise I'll keep getting beat up by ghosts. [I know the point of invisibility is to make you almost invisibile, but it actually makes you invisible to me.]

Interesting. Is the timer only active while the item is activated? This question applies to Invisibility too.

So, by default, when you get the boots, jumping will not use a charge and JUMP? You have to turn them on to do that? I am not all that upset about it as I try not to use the boots to jump, but I think this will affect everybody else quite a bit.
Also, since they're not auto activated, does this mean rocket jumping after picking them up (without activating) does not have the added mass or air control? Boo.
Finally, I'm not a fan of increased speed. I think we're moving fast enough already. This was what I hated most about jetboots at first, and kept on hating until it was disabled. I feel the same as the guy with the boots as I do without. How fast are you talking?

Given how elusive Osk is already (mostly because I am being shot down by him every 11 seconds) I fear more armor is going to make him as close to invincible as one can get. We'll see :)

Why do I get the feeling this new setup is the anti-sparky version? :p
I'll see what happens when I pickup the armor. A 1% decrease in speed doesn't seem all that bad, nor does the change in mass. I've always wondered what would happen if the game were setup this way.

I am going to give it a try with an open mind. For the most part I am excited. I'm a bit concerned with needing to bind two new keys. My setup doesn't offer that flexibility right now. I don't know how I am going to handle activation / scrolling of items.

Detailed thoughts, yay! Thanks Sparky. :) Ahhhh you got it all wrong with the boots. Sorry, I should have been clearer. :) I've made some changes after testing last night with Maest. Thanks Maest! And I'll update the main post later. But to address your points.

If it can be turned off, the charge is stored. Right now I don't have a way to remind you of that or tell you your current charge, I still have to do that. The boots weren't working with that off/on mechanic though, so it's going to be a oneshot with them. I've done some testing and right now I have it at 2X speed for 1.5 seconds when you activate them. My brief testing after this change last night indicated that this won't effect RJing much if at all. My brief testing was difficult due to me stupidly binding my on/off key to the scroll wheel - try that when RJing. Doh. But it should be useful for one flash to get away. Now! lol. When the boots are inactive, everything else works! Air control, fall damage, jumping (reduced). The only thing activating does is gives you that very brief speedburst. You never have to activate them to receive the other perks. Is that better? ;-) You know, I've had that thought too about Osk. I worry honestly. lol. The change to invis should help you - they fire, you can see them for a flash. You hit them - you can see them for a flash. :) Use the latest openGL IMO! Frankly, I'm surprised at how considerate everyone is being about some armors affecting movement speed / mass. Cool!

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
h

Detailed thoughts, yay! Thanks Sparky. :) Ahhhh you got it all wrong with the boots. Sorry, I should have been clearer. :) I've made some changes after testing last night with Maest. Thanks Maest! And I'll update the main post later. But to address your points.

If it can be turned off, the charge is stored. Right now I don't have a way to remind you of that or tell you your current charge, I still have to do that. The boots weren't working with that off/on mechanic though, so it's going to be a oneshot with them. I've done some testing and right now I have it at 2X speed for 1.5 seconds when you activate them. My brief testing after this change last night indicated that this won't effect RJing much if at all. My brief testing was difficult due to me stupidly binding my on/off key to the scroll wheel - try that when RJing. Doh. But it should be useful for one flash to get away. Now! lol. When the boots are inactive, everything else works! Air control, fall damage, jumping (reduced). The only thing activating does is gives you that very brief speedburst. You never have to activate them to receive the other perks. Is that better? ;-) You know, I've had that thought too about Osk. I worry honestly. lol. The change to invis should help you - they fire, you can see them for a flash. You hit them - you can see them for a flash. :) Use the latest openGL IMO! Frankly, I'm surprised at how considerate everyone is being about some armors affecting movement speed / mass. Cool!

I am using the latest openGL driver, I think it's just my laptop screen. I've ran UT a few times connected to a much better monitor and things are all much clearer. The invis is just hard to see on my laptop. I didn't catch that if they fire they appear. That will help. I thought it was only if I hit them, both should be good.

I hope to get on tonight to try it out (I assume it's live on the server). :enforcer:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Oh, and regarding the mass/movement being affected by armor, I've always thought more games should add some kind of realism when it comes to the load you're carrying. I don't remember which but I think there was at least one FPS I played on consoles that changed your speed and jumping when you were carrying more weapons. I like the idea especially with armor, if done right, it's an ever so delicate change that offers the chance to balance things out for the guy without armor.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Oh, and regarding the mass/movement being affected by armor, I've always thought more games should add some kind of realism when it comes to the load you're carrying. I don't remember which but I think there was at least one FPS I played on consoles that changed your speed and jumping when you were carrying more weapons. I like the idea especially with armor, if done right, it's an ever so delicate change that offers the chance to balance things out for the guy without armor.

I'll say it again. Cool! :2thumb: I'll feel better about rolling back my changes if people don't like them or they aren't balanced when they're this eager to give them a chance. :) I've actually got a bit more settings in place like that you may be interested in. And I can't take credit for this - the code that makes it possible is a part of EnhancedItems, I merely implemented it. I have custom settings for jump height, mass, speed and buoyancy on the Chest and Thigh armors and the boots. They will make you jump lower, be more resistant to momentum, move slower, and sink faster (lol). That sounds bad when put together like that but I just wanted it to be enough for you to notice it in all aspects, really. So very small. But I think even very small changes will be felt in EO. I really lowered the buoyancy, though I increased it by default in ADRCore if the game is running that (not Items). The thigh is exactly half of the chest in all aspects. The boots is half the mass of the thigh, with no speed decrease, and equal to the thigh in other aspects. With just the boots, if you are doing a full RJ, you may come in 6 feet shorter. So, if jumping from the opening of one base to another in Face, you know that's not much, and the other perks of boots makes them more than worth that. I'd have to test it, but I think you could still make the jump in Warrior without much worry. I think that will these changes the meta will be for flag runners to not grab the Chest Armor, but the boots and maybe the Thigh Pads, and definitely the ShieldBelt and pick up any health they can get on the way. It just feels good to me, and I like adding more elements to a game. But whether they stay or not depends on how you guys feel about them!

The elephant in the room with my changes that no one sees yet is the impact of the health stacking that I added, with the armor. I hope if it comes to it I can just adjust those values and not the armor. I already nerfed individual armor values while at the same time giving them these cons in weight and speed. Any more and they'll hardly be worth it by themselves without the cons.

I did have it up last night after a lot of attempts, but it was the first time trying it online and some issues were made apparent in the transition. The Jump Boots weren't fully working and if Invis was in a map everyone on the server crashed. :doh: I still haven't fixed that last yet.... so I don't know if I'll have it up tonight. But I'll try. Oh, and I put a new Mapvote on the server but couldn't get it working with my version so there's still that to address as well. I haven't had time to test the mapvote so if you do let me know what issues it has, or hopefully! what it fixes. :enforcer:

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Invisibility

**InventoryActive turns it on but what does InventoryNext do? Does it go to your next weapon or is that the actual off command? From a quick search on google, it looks as if InventoryNext may be something already default in the ini. Maybe bound to something else? Not sure. How long is the "brief period" for?

UDamage

**Are the commands the same as Invisibility? If so, what if I want to turn one on and not the other. This would require additional toggle binds.

Jump Boots

**I'm not sure about this change. What if I just want to regular jump? If you turn it off you have unlimited "high jumps" but if you activate it, then your speed and mass increases which in effect slows you down. I'm wondering overall do you come out faster or slower when RJing/walking. I have to test it out. The fact that I can't jump regularly almost makes me want to stay away from boots. Idk

Health Keg
Heals for 400, up to the maximum health value 600.

** Sounds fine

Health Vials
These were added back in by Dagger. They'll give you up to 449 health.

** Sounds fine

Health Packs
I added these back in. They heal for 75, up to 325 health. Which means, you can grab one as soon as you spawn and have 325 health.

** Sounds fine

Armor System

** Sounds fine. Looking forward to testing it out.

Shield Belt
300 armor, non-renewable by other armor types.

** Sounds fine. Although having shield belt should increase mass :p

Chest Armor

** Sounds fine

Thigh Pads
100 Armor. Same deal, half the values of Chest Armor.

** Sounds fine. Although having pads should increase mass :p

Thigh Pads Starter
This is so you spawn with a smidge of armor. 35 armor (tentatively). It is part of the Thigh Pads armor value, and is removed to give you the normal Thigh Pads amount when you pick them up. If you still have any left - it is consumed on damage just like normal armor. It does not have penalties.

** Sounds fine

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
RE: OSK

Invisibility

**InventoryActive turns it on but what does InventoryNext do? Does it go to your next weapon or is that the actual off command? From a quick search on google, it looks as if InventoryNext may be something already default in the ini. Maybe bound to something else? Not sure. How long is the "brief period" for?

Ah, InventoryNext via text notification selects the item in your inventory that InventoryActive will apply to. Indeed, they are both aliases already in the game, just not being put to use - until now that is! EDIT: Oh, ya, the "brief period." Mmm. Blink slowly? lol

UDamage
**Are the commands the same as Invisibility? If so, what if I want to turn one on and not the other. This would require additional toggle binds.

InventoryNext. :)

Jump Boots
**I'm not sure about this change. What if I just want to regular jump? If you turn it off you have unlimited "high jumps" but if you activate it, then your speed and mass increases which in effect slows you down. I'm wondering overall do you come out faster or slower when RJing/walking. I have to test it out. The fact that I can't jump regularly almost makes me want to stay away from boots. Idk

:y5: Everyone is so confused about this! I didn't think I wrote it THAT bad lol. I'm not even sure what conclussion you drew, uhhh, maybe my answer to Sparky will help though haha.

Health Keg
** Sounds fine

Health Vials
** Sounds fine

Health Packs
** Sounds fine

Armor System

Shield Belt

Code answer, but the capabilities I have are limited by the piece of code that I extend or expand from. I would have to do the shieldbelt differently than I would like to achieve it, but more to the point, I wanted it to be burden free hehe. Well, I DID want to give it reduced air control.... that would make sense I think.... not really worth it though. For mass the belt is negligible. :p

Chest Armor
** Sounds fine

Thigh Pads

They do. o_O Check my response to Sparky above for in-depth info hehe.

Thigh Pads Starter
** Sounds fine

Thanks for your thoughts! \o/

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
RE: OSK

Invisibility

Ah, InventoryNext via text notification selects the item in your inventory that InventoryActive will apply to. Indeed, they are both aliases already in the game, just not being put to use - until now that is!

Text notification? Is this in the chat window? Is there a priority in the inventory? For example, if I pick up invis and then amp, do I have to toggle InventoryNext twice to turn on amp? If I pickup boots, do I have to toggle it twice again to activate invis? Twice because boots do not activate on pickup. Seems like this is a lot of micro managing.
What about adding something to the HUD, 3 slots, invis, amp and boots that switches from one to the next as you toggle it.

UDamage

InventoryNext. :)

Jump Boots

:y5: Everyone is so confused about this! I didn't think I wrote it THAT bad lol. I'm not even sure what conclussion you drew, uhhh, maybe my answer to Sparky will help though haha.

Basically, with it off you have "high jumps" until you die and with it on you are faster/slower (which one overall?). There is no way to get back to regular jumping until you die. I guess you can say you have regular jumps to an extent with it turned on but I'm not fond of having the increased speed and mass along with it.

Health Keg
** Sounds fine

Health Vials
** Sounds fine

Health Packs
** Sounds fine

Armor System

Shield Belt

Code answer, but the capabilities I have are limited by the piece of code that I extend or expand from. I would have to do the shieldbelt differently than I would like to achieve it, but more to the point, I wanted it to be burden free hehe. Well, I DID want to give it reduced air control.... that would make sense I think.... not really worth it though. For mass the belt is negligible. :p

Chest Armor
** Sounds fine

Thigh Pads

They do. o_O Check my response to Sparky above for in-depth info hehe.

Thigh Pads Starter
** Sounds fine

Thanks for your thoughts! \o/

Rip

Nov 12, 2014

It's definitely some added micro management, yeah. I'm not sure about your example so I'll make one. If I have Invis and pick up boots and then before getting another pickup that can be activated/deactivated, simply pressing my InventoryActivate bind will activate the boots. But, if I have Invis and pick up boots then the UDamage is given to my by the timed event, I will have to cycle via InventoryNext (or Prev) until it tells me in the chatbox that the Boots are the selected item before pressing Inventory Activate, else it will be Deactivating/Activating UDamage. There's simply nothing I can do about this though. If it's too much trouble at the time to activate the item you want, then just don't do it. Having HUD elements like you describe would be awesome, and could list the charge of each item, but it's way beyond the scope of something I could do anytime soon. The amount of learning and work it would take to do either simply puts it out the question, at least for any time soon - I could complete the weapon pack from where I am now a dozen times before I could do that HUD work. It's not necessary to be activating/deactivating your items, you can just play the way you used to if it's too burdensome - you won't have anything lesser than you did before. It's there for people that want an added element to their gameplay. ;) You can make judgements about when to use it.

All that sounds complicated, but you get the hang of it instantly when you try it. Scenarios like I described, you just curse UDamage for getting in the way if you're grabbing the flag and don't fool with it. Wait until you can try it out and let's see how it plays. :)

For the boots, well.... having the extra jump height while you are wearing them has always been there! o_O You have to lose the boots before it goes away. As it is, instead of jumping 3 times to lose the boots you can just activate them - you'll lose them in 1.5 seconds. :p The increased mass is always with you. It's very slight and the pros definitely outweigh the cons. :mwink: The increased speed is only when you activate them for 1.5 seconds. The activated mode is very niche - it will only be useful in certain scenarios. Like in Almost, dodging from the elevator side to the flag post then again to the opposite lower opening and up the stairs fast. Increased speed = increased dodge. The last is how I like to play, so I want to try it - but if that is too underappreciated, I can always make them suddenly drastically lower your mass too - meaning you fly further. *shrug*

Last edited:

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Holy map vote batman...needs fix ASAP

** Edit , changing maps goes into reg UT by default. No EO

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Holy map vote batman...needs fix ASAP

** Edit , changing maps goes into reg UT by default. No EO
LOL Holy Map Vote Batman indeed. :clap:

Fixed. It's showing the maps double but whatever. This mapvote is obtuse. :awkward:

Last edited:

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, it can support up to 8 custom gametypes, I'm only using one. I want to fill them all in eventually. :cool:
It's a little big...

Takes up the whole screen! We're not going to be filling up all 8 silly! :p

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Going to put what I've got up shortly if anyone wants to do any testing tonight. + Weapons Pack (BioRifle), +Core (Crouch + Dodge/Jump/WallJump = +++)

----------
It's up but there are a couple issues. And, by the way, you have to vote for it. The regular gamemode is still the same as it's been. :)

The only weapon I have added doesn't play well online - fire sound/animation is bugged and plays faster than the actual firerate. Makes it pretty hard to appreciate. Plays fine offline.

My server has been shit lately. Have a high ping. Projectiles don't appear until they're halfway to their destination for me, and the Crouch moves are more like blinks heh. Let me know if the ping is bad for you too eh. EDIT: Seems the lag is just me. 200 ping yay.

I tried to add nicer DM maps that look better and my server doesn't like them. GG crash. Oh well. For later.

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
It's definitely some added micro management, yeah. I'm not sure about your example so I'll make one. If I have Invis and pick up boots and then before getting another pickup that can be activated/deactivated, simply pressing my InventoryActivate bind will activate the boots. But, if I have Invis and pick up boots then the UDamage is given to my by the timed event, I will have to cycle via InventoryNext (or Prev) until it tells me in the chatbox that the Boots are the selected item before pressing Inventory Activate, else it will be Deactivating/Activating UDamage. There's simply nothing I can do about this though. If it's too much trouble at the time to activate the item you want, then just don't do it. Having HUD elements like you describe would be awesome, and could list the charge of each item, but it's way beyond the scope of something I could do anytime soon. The amount of learning and work it would take to do either simply puts it out the question, at least for any time soon - I could complete the weapon pack from where I am now a dozen times before I could do that HUD work. It's not necessary to be activating/deactivating your items, you can just play the way you used to if it's too burdensome - you won't have anything lesser than you did before. It's there for people that want an added element to their gameplay. ;) You can make judgements about when to use it.
I may have missed this in a previous post, but you're saying we have the option to just auto-activate the items as we pick them up just as we do now? That's good. I am interested in trying out how you have this set up but given my noob setup of using the arrow keys and the various keys around them that I currently use for binds, I have no room for these inventory actions. I have been thinking about using the mouse wheel but then I lose my ability to grab the 3 weapons I don't have bound to a key. Regardless, I am going to make an effort and see how it works out. If it doesn't, I am glad I can just go back to playing with a reckless abandon.

For the boots, well.... having the extra jump height while you are wearing them has always been there! o_O You have to lose the boots before it goes away. As it is, instead of jumping 3 times to lose the boots you can just activate them - you'll lose them in 1.5 seconds. :p The increased mass is always with you. It's very slight and the pros definitely outweigh the cons. :mwink: The increased speed is only when you activate them for 1.5 seconds. The activated mode is very niche - it will only be useful in certain scenarios. Like in Almost, dodging from the elevator side to the flag post then again to the opposite lower opening and up the stairs fast. Increased speed = increased dodge. The last is how I like to play, so I want to try it - but if that is too underappreciated, I can always make them suddenly drastically lower your mass too - meaning you fly further. *shrug*
I feel like we're beating a dead horse here (I swear, I saw it move its leg) but once you "activate" the boots and get that 1.5 second speed burst, you no longer have the ability to get the anti-grav jump from the boots? On the flip side, if you never "activate" them for that boost, you get unlimited anti-grav jumps?

Also, Almost doesn't have anti-grav boots. (That I know of) Your example is invalid and I award you no points.

-----

I have not been able to get on. Wife had the stomach bug starting Sunday night, and I have had a cold or sinus somethingorother all week, but the first few days of the week I was on 100% baby duty, then sleeping. Starting Tuesday night the kid got sick with croup, so... maybe tonight if all is calm in the sparky household. Maybe tomorrow night. We'll see. Hopefully my face stops hurting soon. [Insert it's killing me dad jokes here]

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
The belt could increase mass ever so slightly, as the belt most definitely has mass. However, it could be argued that since it's a mother-flipping shield (magic, yo) that it's just a temporary weightless force field. UT is in the future, we don't know what kind of material the belt is made of. It could be lighter than feathers. And the force field is magic. So, yeah... :flame:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Going to put what I've got up shortly if anyone wants to do any testing tonight. + Weapons Pack (BioRifle), +Core (Crouch + Dodge/Jump/WallJump = +++)

----------
It's up but there are a couple issues. And, by the way, you have to vote for it. The regular gamemode is still the same as it's been. :)

The only weapon I have added doesn't play well online - fire sound/animation is bugged and plays faster than the actual firerate. Makes it pretty hard to appreciate. Plays fine offline.

My server has been shit lately. Have a high ping. Projectiles don't appear until they're halfway to their destination for me, and the Crouch moves are more like blinks heh. Let me know if the ping is bad for you too eh. EDIT: Seems the lag is just me. 200 ping yay.

I tried to add nicer DM maps that look better and my server doesn't like them. GG crash. Oh well. For later.
What are these crouch moves you speak of and wall jumps? Are these things Dagger has put in the original ADR? I have a pretty simple minded way of playing UT. Get the flag. Kill everything.