1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Adopt-a-BuFer Program

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Sir_Brizz, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

I'm sure we'll sort out a rough guide of whats on the CD/DVD's.

2. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

If we could get everyone's permission, a single ISO file hosted on BU or BitTorrent probably would be a nice way to standardize things if people want.

I've never done this before, so what's the best and safest way to ship optical discs? A bubble envelope should work fine right?

3. Hunter

yeah that envelope should be fine :D:tup:

The problem is going to be that a DVD ISO could hit up 4GB or more. Best thing to do is make a generic list of mods etc and then go from there.

4. xear0

xear0 New Member

adopt deez nuts

5. Rask

Rask New Member

If someone from Finland needs a hand, I might be able to help. Depending if my DVD burner works properly. :)

About the content: the major packs (official BP, CBP, Titan Pack, HOLP, etc.) and other goodies (MSUC winners, other well rated maps and muts, editor assets)?

6. IronMonkey

IronMonkey Moi?

Count me in (UK).

7. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

lol. Does anyone need any of this service? It's a great idea of course, and it's only on page 2 I know, but will there be any takers?

Seems everyone has caught up with the times.

8. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Don't forget the 2.0 patch. I would probably toss the Steam client installer and a good .zip file extractor like 7-zip as a courtesy. Maybe latest ATi and Nvidia drivers, 64 and 32 bit versions. Vista SP1 and XP SP3 as well with latest DX9 too?

EDIT: We won't need the first BP since it's a subset of the Titan Pack. Sounds like the 2.0 patch might be included too?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  9. Hunter

We will have to wait and see, it currently looks like we have offers of help but no one to take the offer up.

10. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

Yeah, back in the 2k3 days and even into the 2k4 days there were quite a bit of BUFer's (including me) who were on dialup and couldn't download much content. The Adopt-A-BUF program was HUGE back then (I received about a dozen CD's full of data from different folks).

There aren't as many people on dialup these days, so the numbers of folks needing help will be lower. However, there are still many folks with limited downloading allotment. With the size of files for UT3, there should still be folks who need help. :)

11. TheSomian

TheSomian Freak

Hi, i'd like to adopt someone from germany, so if someone needs help, pm me =D

12. offramp

offramp bOfframp=True

I see TheSomian has Germany covered, but if need be i'll help.

13. Jane's_Addiction-

Jane's_Addiction- New Member

I see a lot of people offering help which is nice. but I don't see anyone posting who needs this help. with a slow conenction wouldnt you be able to dl it overnight. still faster than the mail. I would think next day air :D..that's what I do yeah I have crappy DSL.

14. Defeat

Defeat GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO

There are people with dialup and people with download limits.

15. Al

Al Reaper

I can help. And mail all over the world. PM me.

16. Magwa

Magwa New Member

I need to be adopted as i have no connection capable of dling both the pack and the patch if anyone is interested please drop me a PM.. i have played UT since Unreal. Thanks in advance.. :)

17. cooloola

cooloola A good samaritan

I could use some help here, ive moved a month ago and looks like its going to be three more weeks before i get my internet connection set up. Is there anyone there that can help france based bufers

18. Hunter

Where do you live?

19. Magwa

Magwa New Member

Thank you all i have the disc coming again many thanks and a awesome idea for those of us with no high speed connection.. peace,

20. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

Renegade Retard just shed a tear.