Adding .u files to the mylevel file (UT)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
I know it can be done and there was a tutorial for it (a billion years ago) anyone know how to do it?...or maybe know where the tutorial is available?

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
Ahhh...I found it...

first you place the mesh in the system directory (of course)

then in the command line of unrealed (with map loaded) you type:

obj load file=(name of your file).u package=MyLevel

then add your mesh into the level and do a full rebuild...this will imbed the mesh into the level and you won't have to send any .u files along with the level to be stuck in the system file of the player....Brilliant!

If you're using reskinned stock meshes (well any meshes really) you can just convert it to myLevel in ed by using convert to static mesh with the right click menu. It will give you a dialog box of where you want to save it. Once you are through with that, you can delete the one you just converted, and replace it with your easily myLeveled one.

LOL wrong ed I think eh? sorry
But yes obj load file is the correct way for getting any custom .u into myLevel in UED2. :D

Last edited: