UE1 - UT add to favorites button

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

billybill

Aug 5, 2008
hi, i wrote this code for ut99, im new at this stuff, and i can only speculate to what utdc uses in it's code

under mutator.. code that calls the script
Code:
simulated function DisplayInstallWindow ()
{
  local InstallClient Win;
 local WindowConsole C;

C = WindowConsole(PlayerPawn(Owner).Player.Console);
  if (  !C.bCreatedRoot || (C.Root == None) )
  {
    C.CreateRootWindow(None);
  }
  C.bQuickKeyEnable = True;
  C.LaunchUWindow();
  Win = InstallClient(C.Root.CreateWindow(Class'InstallClient',30.0,30.0,600.0,220.0));
 // Win.OwnerPawn = Pawn(Owner);
  Win.ShowWindow();
}
and
Code:
class InstallClient expands UWindowDialogClientWindow;

function Created () {
local Class<UBrowserFavoritesFact> CLClass;
 local UBrowserFavoritesFact cl;
CL = new CLClass;
cl.SaveFavorites();
}

am i launching this right?. i dont think i need to go all the way to make a fake window.

Last edited by a moderator:

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
Are you on any of these IMs (Instant Messengers)?

• Yahoo
  • MSN (Windows Live)
  • Xfire
  • Facebook
If so, we can chat. Post your IM contact info (or PM if you don't want to post). I'm in eastern Australia, so I'm GMT+10.

Last edited:

billybill

Aug 5, 2008

hi, why not just tell me here what you think

i will start off, and it is my thread

your mutator for udamagetickfix does it even work? i wouldve thought you would have to replace every instant of the udamage with the custom one, and even then you have the problem of mutators that give the amp directly to the person. does your inventory check work properly?

secondly your jumpboots mutator, i have never tested it but anyone who tries to "copyright" uscript code gets a laugh in my book

thirdly your monster hunt server, which i am fairly sure is yours, shows spectators that are on the server from the ubrowser, does this mean it is vunerable to this:

http://aluigi.altervista.org/adv/unsecure-adv.txt
http://secunia.com/advisories/11900/

billybill

Aug 5, 2008
sorry to come off rude, but your post was of no help and ive been wanting to say that since i saw your server and mutators a couple days ago

why not get the latest ipserver from ut-files.com, remove the copyright jargon, and use your talents to make a working double jump that uses a code cross between your boots mod and the jetpack from siege to only work at height of a jump, reading the phsyics of the pawn to ensure it is not yet in the falling state

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
hi, why not just tell me here what you think
Because, due to the time difference between Australia and the BeyondUnreal servers results in me posting while most other users here are asleep and vice versa. This usually means 1 reply each way takes 24-hours. Adding each other on our IMs would mean that we are alerted when we are both online and are able to reply back and forth many times a minute.

I have some questions to ask you as I was confused and not totally sure what you were asking. Depending on how efficient the conversation was, it could have taken a week before I was actually able to start helping you through this forum.

i will start off, and it is my thread
I agree. Should I feel free to try and help you in the best way I feel is possible?

your mutator for udamagetickfix does it even work?
Indeed it does. That was the very problem - it was working perfectly when it shouldn't have been! :rolleyes: I have tested it on my server, which I have decommissioned for public use and now just use it privately to test my mods for replication and online play.

i wouldve thought you would have to replace every instant of the udamage with the custom one, and even then you have the problem of mutators that give the amp directly to the person. does your inventory check work properly?
My mutator works like the UT Stealth mutator, spawning the inventory as soon as the player spawns. Also there is *no* custom UDamage. The HUD makes the status dude purple based on the Pawn's DamageScaling being >2.0. You do *not* need a modified UDamage subclass to change the variable on the client, though I'm sure it's a possible alternative method...

secondly your jumpboots mutator, i have never tested it but anyone who tries to "copyright" uscript code gets a laugh in my book
OK, fine. Perhaps copyright was the wrong word. But plenty of other people have credited themselves in that section. I was merely trying to do the same. ALso, don't test it. I have since created a "JETBOOTSv133" package since I uploaded it to box.net. Yes, I was notified that someone had downloaded it. I'm just wondering how you knew about it.

thirdly your monster hunt server, which i am fairly sure is yours, shows spectators that are on the server from the ubrowser, does this mean it is vunerable to this:

http://aluigi.altervista.org/adv/unsecure-adv.txt
http://secunia.com/advisories/11900/
If you're talking about the UK one I was given recently, I don't really care much for it. I'm just using it to show off my mods. The circumstances in which it was given to me seem suss anyway.

If you are talking about the one titled "=|M|F|= AUSTRALIAN MH Server", I decommissioned that for public use months ago, maybe even last year.

Also, didn't you say that you are new to this stuff? I have some good experience with UScript and have made a variety of mods over the last ~2 years. You seem to think I don't know what I'm doing.

Note that this UDamage fix mod has been submitted and implemented into the Australian Rebellion servers and is very much working, if you would like to go try it out.

Last edited:

billybill

Aug 5, 2008
hi there, i am in the same timezone as you, and if you do have an idea or 2 about helping with the original post, why not make it public and then others can also have input

the damagescaling idea now that is a good one, i only breifly looked at the code and was wondering why there was no custom udamage, but it makes sense now

the monsterhunt server i was referring to was indeed rebellion monsterhunt, which seems at the moment very vunerable to crash attacks, not to mention they have 9 servers running on one ip and perhaps one machine. one wonders what would happen to the rest of them if the seige server was full of "leechers"

i heard about your flying jumpboots thing through a friend of mine, while i found the udamagetickfix on the rebellion servers, and at first thought it was a tickrate fixer or sorts involving the udamage

anyhow, can you help me at all, or not?

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
Just for the record, I don't own Rebellion servers. I've only suggested a mod or three for it. The owner, though giving me some degree of privileges, has declined to give me anything higher than level 0 access on Rebellion's resident ASC-style server controller.

I don't know for sure if I can help you, but I do know that so far I've read nothing to suggest that I can't. :) I'm at TAFE in my night classes right now, though, so you'll have to wait until I get home at about 9:30-10:00 EST before I can think about your problem.

Last edited:

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
sorry to come off rude, but your post was of no help and ive been wanting to say that since i saw your server and mutators a couple days ago

why not get the latest ipserver from ut-files.com, remove the copyright jargon, and use your talents to make a working double jump that uses a code cross between your boots mod and the jetpack from siege to only work at height of a jump, reading the phsyics of the pawn to ensure it is not yet in the falling state
So if I understand correctly - I should create a double-jump mod based on the Siege Jetpack and my JetBoots code. I should also make it so that the second jump can only take place at the top of the initial jump. A mod like that already exists. It's being used in the HoF MH servers and it seems fine to me. I don't see the point in doing it myself... :hmm:

Last edited:

billybill

Aug 5, 2008
no, there is one double jump available which jumps way too high, and seems to have problems all around. nevermind though, and its good your mods are being used somewhere

the idea of what i am trying to do is to enhance anticheats. old utdc and anticheats that have to load DLLs which enevitably close UT

my email is b-i-l-l-y-B-o-b-_-G-@hotmail.com without the -'s

i hope HoF gave you more credit than rebellion, although your name is included in that mod

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
no, there is one double jump available which jumps way too high, and seems to have problems all around. nevermind though, and its good your mods are being used somewhere
Are we talking about the same Double Jump mod here? It jumps as high as UT2004's double-jump does. What sort of all-round problems have you seen? I haven't seen any...

i hope HoF gave you more credit than rebellion, although your name is included in that mod
No-one's given me any credit. I'm just happy people are using my creations.

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
What Coyote1 was getting at is he wants the server to be added to the player's favourites. For this to happen, we need 3 things:

• The means - what code we need to execute
  • The source - where the details of the server are found
  • The catalyst - an event which will execute our code.
I'm at TAFE right now, but I'll continue this post when I get home. I'll say this: I have the means but not the source or the catalyst.

EDIT:

Code:
local int i;

for(i=0;i<100;i++) {
  if( class'UBrowser.UBrowserFavoritesFact'.default.Favorites[i] != None )
    continue;
  class'UBrowser.UBrowserFavoritesFact'.default.Favorites[i] = (Insert server info string here);
}

Last edited: