1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

add the 1911?!?!

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by phatcat, Oct 19, 2001.

?

Add the 1911??

1. [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/emoticon/animeha.gif[/img] YEAH!!! add the 1911

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/emoticon/shakehead2.gif[/img] NO WAY JOSE!!! don't add the 191

17 vote(s)
    42.5%
  1. TitanBlue

TitanBlue KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA

Then take another pic Gholam ;)
    but Mauser 7.62 will do it also for me. The bottleneck Mauser Cartridge was the strongest Caliber those times.

[EDIT]Used by Clint Eastwood in "Sinola", hope this one comes on DVD soon :)[/EDIT]

TitanBlue

Last edited: Oct 22, 2001
  2. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

domino wake up, none of them were used in vietnam and they were not added becvause of "loyalties" they were added because they are simply used a damn lot today.

3. {LOD}WolfBear

{LOD}WolfBear Cannon Fodder

Hey phatcat where didya get the new sig image man?? Love it love it

{LOD}WolfBear[RM]

4. Gholam

Gholam Sergeant (Reserve), IDF

The 9mm was the first pic of C96 I could find, but it's the 7.62x25mm version I'm rooting for - from what I know, it has enough power to go through Level IIIa protection, and at the same time, 7.62 gives it good stopping power, unlike 5.7mm.

5. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

the LAM will be useless ...like all LAM in infiltration, we need a third firing position where you're not looking through your sights but only the dot that your LAM is doing...because seriously, what is the purpose of having a sight and a red dot in it ? absolutely nothing...maybe for scope user on the sig but it is not half as accurate as in aiming mode.

And the pistol hip firing position is UNREALISTIC , who will hold a pistol from the hip ? nobody, they are going to put the barrel in direction of the ground so I think we must change that.
    HIP shooting for pistol become : aiming position with the barrel that point in direction of the ground.
    SIGHT shooting for pistol become : actual aiming position.

6. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

whats the point of all this modeling and animation if you cant watch the thing fire from a semi sideways perspective? ;)

I mean: everyones trying to be realistic and all, but we're still fanboys who wanna see the thing working as we fire it every now and then.

personaly I think they should change it to a one handed grip and alter the recoil properties to match.

7. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

I never fire from the hip position and I have time to see how it works in the reload sequence ...I like the long reload sequence where you have to cock the gun again ...hehehe

yeah but it doesn't change anything to my point.
    Pistol from the hip isn't realistic.

8. {LOD}WolfBear

{LOD}WolfBear Cannon Fodder

it is not realistic the way it is DONE (ie shooting across at an angle from the normal line of fire) Shooting from the hip is a valid tactic (particularly if you are reloading and dont have time to raise it first) Now I wont argue the validity of it in long range combat, but for short range it normally works quite well. . .

{LOD}WolfBear[RM]

9. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

I would probably use the 1911 just to stand out of the rest, just like i did with the m16 when everyone was using it with scope and m203...

As for pistol hip shooting, it is a valid thing to do when ranges are short and time to aim is very small. I agree with {LOD}WolfBear, the way it's done in INF is unrealistic, for sure i would have my gun much closer to the center...

/me try with my paint pistol

Yeah, much closer to the center ;).

10. Chow Yun-Fat

Chow Yun-Fat W3RD UP

i second the CZ 75 addition

11. Sebu_NZ

Sebu_NZ Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!

Chow is real cool! :)

12. <P^R>Imperial

<P^R>Imperial Bleh

Ahh another one of phatcats suggestions I utterly disagree with.
    A) Why do we need a .45 gun from 1911 when we are getting the SOCOM?
    B) I still think feign death isnt cheating so ha :p

13. TobiasR

TobiasR Adept soldier - (IF)

Yes! Pfcource we need a nice old Colt...

14. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

The only INF weapon used in 'nam is the M2HB. If you think the M16A2 was, you're a retard.

15. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

I think he meant the a1, which wasent exactly a shining example of "troops favorite things" lol

M16 a2 and m4 are here cause their examples of current day front line weapons. their also considered top of the line armaments by many. no self respecting military tactics game would ignore em.

the 1911 is an old favorite, but its not exactly earth shaking compared to some of the newer weapons out there.

16. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

the M16A1 is a good weapon. Reason it was modified was mostly due to dumbass grunts who couldn't get their tiny brains around the concept of not using an entire magazine on one target.

17. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

That's what you get if you consider "point this end in direction of enemy and pull here" training :D

18. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

Ive always wondered if they have those little stickers on the sides of battleships :D