1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

add the 1911?!?!

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by phatcat, Oct 19, 2001.

?

Add the 1911??

1. [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/emoticon/animeha.gif[/img] YEAH!!! add the 1911

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/emoticon/shakehead2.gif[/img] NO WAY JOSE!!! don't add the 191

17 vote(s)
    42.5%
  1. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

I've got one acronym for you all: SOCOM

It's already on the way, so why put in a gun that's automatically made obsolete by the presence of the SOCOM?

P.S Sp!ke, you're a retard. You posted a picture of a doorstop in a gun thread.

2. "Doorstop", what the hell are you talking about?

3. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

Jaunty, theres more to a gun than what it can do for you in the game.
    things like style and a feel are almost as important as the ability to be silenced or bolt on a laser site.
    thats what gives a mod wang

its why some folks carry a 5-7, when a beretta is better suited mechanically. or why some folks equip famas when they might be better off with a sig.
    or why some people walk with a seperate grenade launcher, when they could have had a two in one combo on the m16

I agree with poaw on one note
    Forign countries are sorely misrepresented.

I know its not the theme of the mod to pit one military against another, (like in ofp, russia vs the us)
    but It would be nice to fully kit up like a russian or british troop every now and then ;)

4. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

Personally, I would love to see a Colt 1911 in game, but in all honesty, it is tactically useless. Pricing is a non issue here, so no one (save for style) would go for a 7-round single action pistol when they can go for a more accurate 12-round pistol with a LAM and supressor.

But damn, I would like to see a hell of alot of guns in this game (particularly any kind of real bolt action sniper rifle, and a 7.62 rifle... and some kind of automatic shotgun). However, the team has already planned a bunch of weapons for future releases, and juding by the quality of the work in-game, it looks like it takes practically forever. Besides that, we have far too many pistols in game. 3 is more than enough... we need more shotguns, and sniper rifles (and possibly submachine guns judging on the way you see the AKMSU).

5. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

I'd love to see the L85 rifle.

6. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

/me smacks all of you

Next weapon suggestion should be for the Steyr Scout, we need scout rifles :(

7. striderteen

striderteen New Member

I would like to see the Steyr Scout and the M-14 rifle, in that order.

8. Sebu_NZ

Sebu_NZ Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!

can this not turn into a weapon suggestion thread (yeah I know it sounds stupid, but you know what I mean)

9. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

mehh...

forget it.

I really do love the 1911, but I equally love the SOCOM. so I guess I'll be content with that :D

10. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

Well since you haven't made any suggestions I can only assume that it is YOU who are out of ideas. And who made you the "Weapon Suggestions Police"... do you work on the INF team? Do you decide what will and will not be ignored by the INF team? I thought so.

It wouldn't make sense not to include this pistol, they included an M16A2 and have plans for an M4... now tell me, why on earth would they make an old vietnam assault rifle into INF when there are better assault rifles... one word : loyalties.

The M1911 doesn't need to be included anytime soon, but I think the INF team should consider strongly to include it in an "add-on" or extra weapons type thing later on.

11. DEFkon

DEFkon Shhh

I think the 1911 would be a great additon for INF LITE.

Yes it's true that in the game there's no really place for it as far as balance goes, but it really is a venerable classic weapon that is still in use with various departments. so it's a design that's lasted for almost 100 years, and i think that damned impressive.

Infiltration doesn't really need the weapon but, INF LITE (which badly needs some attention and development) on the other hand.. heck why not. In all honesty INF LITE has alot of potential, that's being over looked. It's what Infiltration really started out as and what got the mod moving. It's essentially a weapons pack, and that's very apealing. Dont get me wrong INF is a great mod, but its really better called a total conversion.

I say it's about time that INF lite be updated, and revised, to represent what INF originally was and more. A weapons pack, plain and simple. No need for any of the complication of a money system, or weapon balanceing.

I think that INF lite would serve best if it went in the opposite direction of the full game. Rather than focusing on the intimacies of game balance, it would be well suited as a arena where the weapons that wouldn't fit into full game for gameplay balancing or weapon reduncy could be implimented. Not to mention weapons that have already been modeled and skined. Like the G36C, socom, HK G11 ect.

It could serve as a testing grounds for weapons and weapon type features as well. Allowing the community to play with and enjoy and essentially test the artistic endevors of these un-implimented weapons before they adopted by the full version.

12. striderteen

striderteen New Member

I agree, Inf-Lite should just be on the lines of CS: real guns and semi-realistic damage, but that's about all.

13. DEFkon

DEFkon Shhh

Well, i'd say "just real guns".
    Use the normal UT characters. And normal Bot code.
    No cross hairs.
    Real damage.
    Simple menu for the mod.

And some various gameplay options (check boxes) to add replay value and depth.

Random Loadouts.
    Bulk Effects speed.
    No Health Packs.
    Ammo/weapon Respawns.

And maybe some gameplay modifiers.. like for the random loadouts, it'd be nice to see:

Pisols only. - M9, FiveSeven, DE - are randomly assigned to players & bots.

Mostly Pistols - All players spawn with a Random Pistol, but there are other weapons (Assualt rifles, smgs, shotguns, gernade launcher ect. ) randomly placed around the map.

Primary - Secondary: All players spawn with a random Assault rifle, smg, shotgun, AND a random pistol.

14. drkim

drkim Look Ma, I'm on Inf!

More on 1911 question...

There is more on the 1911 issue in the DE thread,

More on 1911

I think the 1911 would be a great addition to a realistic war game since it has been in just about every war since, well, 1911!

Dr. Kim

[​IMG]

15. Gholam

Gholam Sergeant (Reserve), IDF

For Colt M1911, my answer is SOCOM :)

For classic pistols in general, my answer is
    [​IMG]

16. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

ah.... the broom handel!

17. striderteen

striderteen New Member

The Mauser broomhandle... a.k.a. the BlasTech DL-44 heavy blaster pistol, for Star Wars fanboys like me.

18. {LOD}WolfBear

{LOD}WolfBear Cannon Fodder

Yeah the ol 1911A1 rocks, but I agree it is kinda pointless when ya get the socom with 12 rnds and a silencer *wood* Besides ANY caliber is fine as long as its 45 Auto. . . .

{LOD}WolfBear[RM]

PS add the UMP45 to that list for me guys :D (ie basically an mp5 in 45 auto)

19. TitanBlue

TitanBlue KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA

/me voted ...no comment PhatKittybabe :rolleyes: ;)

but i'm with Gholam: H&K SOCOM .45 or Mauser C96 9mm :p

TitanBlue

20. Gholam

Gholam Sergeant (Reserve), IDF

Not 9mm, 7.62x25mm.