1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Accuracy.....

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by {GD}Ghost, Nov 7, 2001.

1. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

Just a point of discussion for the community on the subject of the "accuracy" being posted on the score board.

I was thinking that accuracy is kinda a B.S. stat in a combat simulation game or any FPS for that matter. Ok, at the beginning of a match, I take out a player with 2 well placed semi-auto shots from my stripped '16. Great, my accuracy is now at 100%. But 30 seconds later, I may need to throw a full clip of cover/suppressive steel down range. Crap! There goes my accuracy rating! What is the point? This stat doesn't mean I'm any better or worse a shot than the next noob who wanders into the server and ends up with a higher accuracy ranking than I.

I'm not lobbying to have the accuracy stat removed or modified and whatever happens in the future happens. I don't truely have any problems with it. This is just something I was thinking about. I just want to get people's thoughts on this matter.

2. mae2050

mae2050 If U wanna know Y U get killed, ASK UR SELF

Well, I agree with GD and one more thing how do u calculate the accuracy of a grenade??

ITS BEEN A WHILE

3. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

I agree on this one... after playing quite a few hours, I see that it doesn't even help the gameplay...

In fact, some player have put so much importance on an "high accuracy rating" that they will hesitate before firing suppressive fire over ennemy positions, thus reducing the global team efficiency.

But I still think that accuracy is better than FPH or frags...

4. jaymian

jaymian Sweet Merciful Crap!

I don't mind it. I think it's nice to know. If your affraid to fire cover fire because of it, that's your own fault. I do what I gotta do. It's especially nice when I have a sniper loadout. Sometimes I'm not sure if I hit everybody, and at the end of the round, I can find out. Either way, it doesn't hurt anything. They need to add the map info back to the scoreboard, so you know where you are. Maybe even give props to the mapper by adding the mappers name to it too.
    Jaymian

5. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

Use a sustained rate of fire for suppressing while on semi. There is no need for you to A> waste ammo on burst/auto, or B> reduce your accuracy to near nil when you know you ain't gunna hit ****. :D

6. peep

peep peep==class

I agree that it's kinda useless. At the choke points, I like to lay down some AK drum lead in case anyone comes rushing around. I just don't really give a ____ what the accuracy rating says. If you really want to see how you're doing, think of the actions you have done & try to decide for yourself if you are helping or hurting your team. Often, I find myself at the top of the board, wondering what in the hell I did that helped out so much. Also, I find myself at the bottom when I think I'm playing my guts out or taking high risk actions for the better of the team.

I liked the scoreboard that gave you deaths to frag ratio. That seemed most sensible for a scoreboard. You might not get credit for "assists," but it lets you see a ratio that counts... unlike accuracy. If you want to see your accuracy, go to the shooting range. In RL military (ground troops) I doubt they say, "Good job, private, you hit 47% of your targets."

7. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

About the grenades: Tonight in Flagstaff I did a really stupid thing and naded someone at point blank just as they finished loading their MP5. The round ended with my brains splattered against the wall, my opponent with a smug grin on his face and a live grenade on the floor. Some shrapnel hit him during the countdown, and even though they obviously didn't hurt him my accuracy rating shot up to 45%... so I think the grenades (at least the hand grenades) work pretty much the same way as the shotgun, with one metal shard equivalent to one pellet...

8. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

I only use the accuracy-stat to see if I hit someone at the end of a round ...
    The accuracy of the rest of the team doesn't mean anything, as I can't tell if they were sniping or just shooting at anything that moved.

// accuracy belongs on the shootingrange :
    It would be nice *if* you could see such a stat on the shootingrange.
    At the moment you have to hope the decals are still on the targets if you look at them ...

9. karsh

karsh Y2KHippy-Karsh or WW2Hippy-Karsh

hmmm accuracy Stat.... I like it, I can always see if I've actually hit some one that I unloaded a full clip into and he me, and Im the one dead.

I often use AKSMU (2 Drums) and am starting to Favor long Range Covering Fire espesscially in the long passages in scisily.

I know my percentage drops sevearly because of this and I often end the map sitting on 2% but Im happy with 4% to 6%.
    I know how well Im going, I also know how bad Im going, I know who are the snipers on my team (by looking at their Fav weapon) so I know if they are getting a higher accuacy because of their styles. And it also helps me know what sniper to ask to cover my back.

I like to ambush, hide in the open, relying on freindly snipers to help cover me. So for me I like the Stat, espescially when Im snipering myself.

10. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

I don't much care what my accuracy is unless I'm sniping. If I need to lay down some cover fire for a team mate(s), I do. If I engage an enemy, at fairly close range and I don't take him down with my first burst from my '16/MP5, I usually lay down some cover fire while I retreat to a piece of cover. Usually my assailant will try to charge me and get taken down by my retreating cover fire or he will take cover long enough for me to get to a safer position. Either way, this is a sensible solution to the situation which usually lands me with a low accuracy percentage for my troubles. (Not that I care. I usually live through those situations)

I agree with Karsh. The accuracy stat is only a marginally effective measure of performance for a dedicated sniper.

11. MadWoffen

MadWoffen Soon! ©

It doesn't bother me either. I only check it when sniping. I use a lot of suppressive fire on semi with my P90 on medium/small maps. Kinda a hell of fun with this baby when you fire through doors, wood or balcons. It even happen to kill some poor dude in the other side. :)

12. St0rmcaller

I do belive accuraccy is a good tool to use just see how your doing in terms of average performance. Unless I did use some covering fire, I know my accuracy should be 14%-25% with my M-16. Any less than that without a valid excuse, and I know I'm doing something wrong.

13. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

I always get 2-3%. But then again, I am kinda liberal with the trigger, arent I?

14. St0rmcaller

Like a Kennedy, bro. :D

15. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

Accuracy is a nice score to have when you are sniping though

16. wrdaniel

wrdaniel New Member

i would like to see such infos at the end of a match, not during game. number of living players shouldn't be shown, count them. you should know ingame if you hit someone, dont look at your percentage. during game, you dont need infos of the other players, if you want to know something about you teammates, ask them.

At the end of a match, there could be a full screen of infos with an accuracy for all weapons you used, the teampoints you got for your team, you kills and so on. and all this only on your screen.

i know there would be some super good rulerz who make screenshots. if they need it.

17. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

The only problem is that you don't have the time needed to type long questions or answers.
    And since 'dead players' can answer too (unless the server disabled that bit) there is no easy way to ask.
    The "scoreboard" allows you to do the same a lot faster on a public server...

I see the 'in-game'-version of the "scoreboard" as a kind of 'mission-status'-screen.