1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

About the weapon throwing "bug"

Discussion in 'General mod talk' started by Parser, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Parser

Parser Hello

I decided to post this as a new thread since monolith seemed content to post the same thing in about twelve-million different threads, therefore confusing the hell out of me.

Ok.

The monsters dropping weapons is not a bug. If I hadn't wanted them to drop the weapons, I would have set bCanThrow to false in the weapon classes themselves.

I can't quite understand why for monolith, the floor is littered with the weapons. On a standard online/offline game, I hardly notice them apart from the odd flamethrower or hoover, so I don't know how many monsters you're putting into the map so that the floor is littered with weapons. Too many, I'd wager.

Nevertheless, I'm adding an option for it to the serverside mutator fix that'll be released soon. In the future though, please don't type in all block capitals and whine at us constantly. We do have other stuff to do, it's not all sit-down-type-type-play games.

2. monolith

monolith New Member

I am trying to put screen shots on so you can see what I am talking about. Now yes it is true, I did make it so more monsters would be in each wave, but i did not change the origional wave config. This is from my ut.ini
    [FHI.FHI]
    MaxMonsterz=25
    bINVServer=TRUE
    bUseMapMonsters=FALSE
    bFHIEXP=FALSE
    EXPMultiplier=12
    WaveConfigMenu=FHI.FHIWaveConfig
    FallbackMonsterClass=SkaarjPack.EliteKrall
    InitialWave=0
    FinalWave=25
    Waves[0]=(WaveMask=20491,WaveMaxMonsters=18,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.160000)
    Waves[1]=(WaveMask=60,WaveMaxMonsters=18,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.190000)
    Waves[2]=(WaveMask=105,WaveMaxMonsters=18,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.389927)
    Waves[3]=(WaveMask=186,WaveMaxMonsters=18,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.569460)
    Waves[4]=(WaveMask=225,WaveMaxMonsters=20,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.737269)
    Waves[5]=(WaveMask=966,WaveMaxMonsters=21,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=1.311242)
    Waves[6]=(WaveMask=4771,WaveMaxMonsters=22,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=1.463734)
    Waves[7]=(WaveMask=917,WaveMaxMonsters=22,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=1.660000)
    Waves[8]=(WaveMask=1689,WaveMaxMonsters=20,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=1.770000)
    Waves[9]=(WaveMask=18260,WaveMaxMonsters=22,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=1.869927)
    Waves[10]=(WaveMask=14340,WaveMaxMonsters=25,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=1.920000)
    Waves[11]=(WaveMask=4021,WaveMaxMonsters=20,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=1.980000)
    Waves[12]=(WaveMask=3729,WaveMaxMonsters=29,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=2.120000)
    Waves[13]=(WaveMask=3972,WaveMaxMonsters=25,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=2.331514)
    Waves[14]=(WaveMask=3712,WaveMaxMonsters=27,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=2.431514)
    Waves[15]=(WaveMask=65536,WaveMaxMonsters=25,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=2.531514)
    bAllowNonTeamChat=False
    FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
    NetWait=10
    bForceRespawn=True
    bAdjustSkill=False
    bAllowTaunts=False
    bAllowTrans=True
    SpawnProtectionTime=10.000000
    LateEntryLives=1
    LoginMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4InvasionLoginMenu
    bAllowPrivateChat=True
    bWeaponStay=TRUE
    bAllowWeaponThrowing=TRUE
    ResetTimeDelay=0
    GoalScore=0
    MaxLives=1
    TimeLimit=0

And even then, all I did was change the first setting on the very top, not the indiv. wave max monsters.

Next omg I am sooo sorry that my caps lock was on I have a 8 year old that plays on my comp and he had spilled something in to keyboard and I couldnt get the stupid capslock off. So to make sure I didnt yell again I went and got a new keyboard and yea no more yelling.

Whining.... well lets see I got an answer to my problem. Right?? and I never called it a "bug" that I can remember anyway and if I did than I do want to say sorry.

Lastly I only started one (1) thread ( not twelve-million different threads) about this subject. Because in the other thread that was started by KZXten about fhiv4 & e-inv there were no posts from any fraghouse team members about his problem and I noticed that parser had posted in another thread so I figured that he had already read this thread and he did not reply to it so it was not worth his time to go back to it and see what was being said in it.

I see that I made a mistake on the last part. I was looking at the dates of when the last post was made and saw the 25th, but I just now noticed that march 25th was the date of the last post that parser had made, not april 25th. :eek: :eek: Oops my bad :eek: Well I hope you can understand my confusion on that matter.

I promise that this is the last thing I have to say (in this post) ;) . The zombies with the flame throwers dont fire them at you. Can this be altered in the the mutator fix as well??? :D :D ;)

Thank you
    MONOLITH

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  3. DeathAdder

DeathAdder a.k.a. LightBringer

hey Parser,

Just in case you were going to release the new patch this weekend, just in case, could you wait another week for me, your 3rd best and 4th favorite server supporter of the FHI mod, plz. I would like to give it a good test on my server, but my server is down and won't be back up until after the weekend.

I remember way back that the smp mutator had troubles with the weapon dropping from the nalifighters. Only problem with that one was that the weapons NEVER went away. That did cause the server to crash. However, the weapons do fade away in FHI. Yo put the option to enable/disable weapon throw in his smp mutator similiar to what you plan to do. One thing I did like was that Yo provided weapon options for the nalifighter (hence the NaliDeemers). I was wondering if there is one (not all) FHI monster that you could pick that could have that option too.

I can't wait to find time to make an FHI IV map, but server problem solving and work is pwning me hard.

4. monolith

monolith New Member

I was just looking through my ut2004 ini and my fhiv4 ini and noticed that the max monsters per wave were changed. As i stated in the above post i did not change them, but it looks like fhi took info from my skraaj inv. waves and added it to the fhi waves. I am sure that noone cares about this but i wanted it to be known that i was unaware that this happened and that at the time of that post i was under the impression that this was the default fhi wave settings.

So anyway i can handle being called a whiner, thats fine blah blah blah... There is one thing that i am not. And that is a lier, so for my own ?????? i am posting this.... post.

Thank you
    MONOLITH

5. DeathAdder

note to self: Lock and load.

6. monolith

monolith New Member

So what is that supose to mean?
    That was directed at me correct?

Anyway just wanted to let someone know of a problem that developed on my server.
    It seems that the rabbit and rpg artifact manager dont mix and crash servers.
    Well mine anyway. With this as error.
    Critical: RPGArtifactManager FHI-BOSS-VeloraPass.RPGArtifactManager (Function UT2004RPG.RPGArtifactManager.SpawnArtifact:0157) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
    Critical: Windows GetLastError: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied. (10057)
    Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    Critical: FFrame::Serialize
    Critical: UObject::processEvent
    Critical: (RPGArtifactManager FHI-BOSS-VeloraPass.RPGArtifactManager, Function UT2004RPG.RPGArtifactManager.Timer)
    now i am prob. saying this premature since its only been a couple hours that the server has been running without a crash. but compared to the 3 to 6 minutes of players on server and it crashing i think i am fairly safe in saying this. But who knows with my luck in this fourms ill probibly be saying sorry for it later. ...huh.... oh well done now so lets hear it.
    And what led me to this was a post in the rpg fourms about this same error and that it was satores mp 118 causing it. I hope there was a rabbit in smp118. eather way i took it out and so far so good.
    thanks
    monolith

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  7. DeathAdder

FHI and RPG conflict badly. FHI team blames RPG dude. RPG dude says nothing he can do beyond what he has done already.

8. Parser

Parser Hello

We've never blamed Mysterial for any conflicts. :con:

There is a lot of new code in FHIv4 which probably will cause conflicts, but unless people tell me what they are I can't actually fix them. A lot of people whined about RPG not working properly with v3 but didn't actually tell me why.

Great attitude there. The reason you got ribbed was because you posted the same thing ("OMG NO REPLY WITHIN 1 HOUR I MUST EXPRESS MY DISLIKE IN EVERY THREAD") in several different threads when one would have been enough, not to mention the PM. You used capital letters exclusively and in your posts contained a worrying abundance of the :mad: smilie.

What are you talking about? The default max monsters value has remained the same since I first changed it at the beginning of making v4.

9. DeathAdder

Nah, I don't mean blame like pointing finger. I couldn't find where the v3 and RPG ever had any conflicts then what you already knew about. I am still trying to get stuff installed on my server after the crash.

10. -]RONO[-_666

-]RONO[-_666 New Member

That's a nice excuse here friend, quite typical I'd say.
    Here you go...a feather..you earned it well. :lol:

11. monolith

monolith New Member

Well thanks for the feather, but it was the truth, just bad timing i guess. Believe it or not, sence that post ive had to buy another one, actually i picked up two, due to milk in the last new one. Seems like i buy more of them than anything.

And too all concerned i would like to start anew and hopefully become a helpfull member of this fourms. If you all can let me that is. :D

Thank you

MONOLITH

P.S. the zombies with the flame throwers dont shoot at us, i gave them to the nali and they do use them and i noticed that on lightbringers server that the zombies do fire at you, or at least some monster shoots them at you. So do i have the wrong monster in mind that has the flamethrowers?

12. icemanex

icemanex New Member

i jumped over a zombie firing the flame thrower upwards to see if it did any damage
    it was the first time one of them actually hit me with its weapon :lol: :lol: :lol: