about the UZI as a roomclearing device

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
I don't like it as a uzi-nade, but if this can happen, it should then occur when you drop your weapon while falling, causing you to be VERY cautious while using a UZI, and preventing (for example) people running without looking where they walk (anti run&gun)

Galthor

antagonist, absolut
Aug 9, 2001
Rhein-Main
Visit site
hmpf.........

i´m feeling misunderstood.............
1. that uzi-nade thing is seriously told german soldiers during CQB-training (tape the uzi´s safety and throw)
2. i personally know someone who has nearly been killed by a dropped uzi (it fell only 1m deep before hitting the ground and emptying the whole mag)
3. though i think the uzi is not made for that purpose, its lack of design is taken as a feature by at least one army. that means it could find its way into infiltration (at least it is not unrealistic or unprofessional)
4. just because it has been seen in true lies it doesn´t mean it is complete bull****.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Galthor,

Someone is pulling your chain. If the UZI was that unsafe nobody would buy one. The last thing you want in an army is a gun that goes of, discharging a full 30rd clip when dropped of a bench. Anyway I've never seen it in any manuals I've looked at on FIBUA and CQB an that was a bit of a specialliaty of mine, as well as the British Armies.

Isn't it an Ingrams in True Lies? Not seen the flim in a while but I seem to remember it being a bit boxy with the cocking lever on the top. UZIs cock from the side.

Battosai

The Great Southern Thread Killer
Jun 6, 2001
Roaming
Ya and in True lies it also fell perfectly down a flight of stairs too.
1. that uzi-nade thing is seriously told german soldiers during CQB-training (tape the uzi´s safety and throw)

Sorry I can't resist.. :D
Stan from SP
Click off dude. Click it off! What the fuck is wrong with german people?!!

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Now that I try to recollect the transient, amorphous bits of misaligned neurology that serve as my "memory" I'm pretty sure it wasn't an Uzi in that movie.

And being the least knowledgeable regular on this board I probably should just shut up anyways.

But I STILL DON'T LIKE THE IDEA IN INF.

If you hit the butt of an Uzi hard enough, you will jam the bolt past the sear. Only a single round should fire though. The Uzi is considered a relatively unsafe weapon by the German Army, which is why only NCOs and officers usually get them loaded with live ammo.
BTW the Uzi cocks on the top, at least all the Uzis I've seen and held.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
I also heard the Uzi is considered unsafe. I read once about a German Border Guard(BGS - Bundesgrenzschutz) who drove along dirt road and had a loaded and cocked Uzi bewteen his legs, so it wouldn't fall around in the car. He hit a bump too hard and got a bullet through his head..

Sad story..

Snakeye :D

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
I stand corrected Puncher, its a long time since I played with an UZI and my impression was it cocked from the side.

Any army has its 'unsafe' weapons. The British Army had its L2 series Serling SMG. If you abused that it would go off too (trouble with open bolt systems), and it had a lovely quirk when getting a bit worn, on the Semi-Automatic setting it would fire TWO rounds, or three if you where really lucky. At that point it needed repairing as the next stage was the whole mag in one go. Makes life on the ranges interesting.

Didn't stop the 'spud-gun' being issued to every REMF in the army. Probably the last person who should have had the blasted thing.

One thing more dangerous than a Cook with a Gun, a Cook with an L2A1 SMG (excepting food prep that is :D ).

Galthor

antagonist, absolut
Aug 9, 2001
Rhein-Main
Visit site
what is wrong with white lizard?????????? (do you have a problem with germans? or only small balls?)

BTW i always wanted my idea as a backup option not for excessive use. and i just would like to see it in INF cause it is possible and it is done by military.:stick:

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
God, this thread just refuses to die... I'll repeat:

1) Uzi has a static firing pin, and the bolt is held back in cocked position by a sear. When sear releases bolt, spring pushes it forward, round gets fed, and as it enters chamber, static firing pin strikes the primer, igniting it - boom. However, a strong jolt can disengage bolt from sear and cause an AD - accidental discharge. This applies to any and all weapons that operate from open bolt - most SMGs, MAG, etc. Interesting side effect is that it prevents cookoff - a round only enters chamber when you are firing. M16 operates from closed bolt, so an AD of this fashion cannot happen to it, although it can empty a whole magazine from cookoff as LoTekK described - round enters chamber, detonates from heat, bolt is driven back, feeds another round, repeat until magazine empties.

2) You want a grenade, use a grenade. Uzi, as I would like to point out, is a submachinegun.

Battosai

Jun 6, 2001
Roaming
Galthor you n00b. Why don't you find out a few thing first, before you open your mouth and remove all dout that your an idiot. So let me show you the light. I am german dumbfuck. An it's stupid to believe that a soldier would throw away a weapon.

Galthor

antagonist, absolut
Aug 9, 2001
Rhein-Main
Visit site
ok white lizard, i think i did some research on this (read my posts!!) and i dont believe this is absolute bull****. and though some people said it might not work, nobody did test it. the uzi is famous for being unsafe, so why shouldnt it go off with depressed safety button (might not work with a brand new one though)?
BTW: when the uzi-nade did its job it wasnt stupid to chuck it into an infested room.

Battosai

Jun 6, 2001
Roaming
Originally posted by Galthor
another thing: no sane german would have a us flag asociated with his name. only americans would do that (and thats still stupid enough).

You are an idiot. You would say im not a true greman because i don't have blue eyes either.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Originally posted by Galthor
ok white lizard, i think i did some research on this (read my posts!!) and i dont believe this is absolute bull****. and though some people said it might not work, nobody did test it. the uzi is famous for being unsafe, so why shouldnt it go off with depressed safety button (might not work with a brand new one though)?
BTW: when the uzi-nade did its job it wasnt stupid to chuck it into an infested room.

Galthor, must I explain it yet again? The jolt of an Uzi, or any other open bolt weapon falling is only enough to discharge *one* round, and then not always. Bolt slips off the sear, fires a round, and gets driven back by recoil - and now sear holds it back again, and to discharge another round "accidently" you need to drop it again. The only "safety" that you can tape down to make it go full-auto is the trigger.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Gholam your wasting your time, he isn't listening to whats being said. He's read it somewhere and no matter who tells him, be he serving IDF Trooper or and Ex-British Army Armourer, he's not going to stop believing it.

And yes Puncher I did mean the Sterling SMG, an OK SMG but just as prone as all open-bolt guns to NDs. Has some unique faults when worn too. Its biggest advantage was it only has 4 moving parts and there all big, so its hard to loose anything ;c)