About the engine

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guignol

Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
Hi.. I was wondering what new features will be added to the engine,
I was specifically hoping some language extensions. The object model is pretty cool, but what makes it so much better re its extensions (like the states).
I'd like to see more extensions to the language features, especifically, I'd love to see a 'hookable' attribute to the classes member function. (in fact, it would preferably be a 'non_hookale' feature, so that all would be hookable by default)
Then there could be chain_hookable or .. oh well..
the idea for hookable is to make the mutator less needed to add nice features to the original gameplay. We can easily write mutators (that's the real thrill with ut !!), because the mutator concept was thought with anticipation, so that they can be chained etc.. etc..
The object concept makes it easy to subclass almost anything in ut, but if i sublcass a bot to add some very very basic stuff i'd like all new bots to have also, then the subclassing model starts to be a hassle because i have to subclass again all new bots.
A hookable concept for certain functions would be of great help to provide nice modifications that can act everywhere after. what do you think ?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well, I just noticed this over at Epicgames: http://www.epicgames.com/UnrealEngine/Build633Tutorial.html It talks a lot about Vertice Editing and Terrain building. Here's a pic. Sorry about the enormous size!

image020.jpg

Guignol

Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
Thanx

Well.. I was more specifically interesed in language additions,
but thanx anyway, I'll check the link...
The pic is very nice btw

Guignol

Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
Mea culpa...

Originally posted by cairey
What does that have to do with what Guignol was saying?
Well thanx I guess you understood me, but I think the last answer was misleaded by my own subject: 'about the engine'
That was generic enough to let the answer be somewhat compatible, even if the post was more specific about language additions.
Anyway, my english is so bad it didn't surprised me that much :) and the good new is, the answer was really interesting after all :)
cheerz..

Status
Not open for further replies.