1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

About CorpseMania...

Discussion in 'General mod talk' started by Assassinalex, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Assassinalex

Assassinalex New Member

What is going to be included in the CorpseMania package? Weapons? Models? Skins? All 3 of them would be too big to download so you could put them in as add-ons or extra downloads. I'd like some details so I can come up with a concept idea or two.

2. Parser

Parser Hello

I don't know yet.. some ideas are just being tossed around. Nothing is totally final or anything, the whole CorpseMania pack is just an idea. And Shibby is too lazy to turn on his computer. :p

3. janno

janno Reanimator

Pics of zombies?Plz!

4. Parser

Parser Hello

Whoa, this is so old.. :eek:

I want to do this, I really do, but ShibbyMaster was the main inspiration here, because we would play it endlessly on his server.. so one day, when he returns, I'm going to surprise you all with this. :)

5. q_mi_4_3

q_mi_4_3 Target pratice for others....

Isn't Life after Death a UT2k3 version of CropseMania?

6. 8mm_BuLLEt

8mm_BuLLEt I will rule the world!

Well, actually, me thinks that Parsy took me's idea and made it into a mutey without telling me.

7. Parser

Parser Hello

Nah, LAD is just a mutator I made in my spare time. Although having said that, I like the idea of doing a CorpseMania-esque mod for UT2004. However, we've got enough plans for when we get 2k4 for the moment (Porting FHI - with 2k4 vehicles!, 2k4 version of Raceway and our SP mod).
    I do like the idea, though. I'll pitch it to ze team when we get the former load off our shoulders. :)

8. q_mi_4_3

q_mi_4_3 Target pratice for others....

I think LAD and CropseMania are similar enough, but if you want to work on an even better version then go ahead.

9. Artman40

Artman40 New Member

I would like to see CorpseMania in ut2k4. I just played it with UT99. It rocked. (one of my computer fans broke and it's dangerous for motherboard to stand the heat of UT2004 now)

10. Mr Marik

Mr Marik New Member

Yes I would also like to see it return soon. But in the mean time, I'll enjoy Fraghouse Invasion! The monsters have more intelligence than the undead, that's for sure! I once remember a zombie taking a direct hit from the Dream Reaver, an awe-inspiring superweapon from Psi Weapon Dreams, and it didn't even move out of the way!

Btw Parser, if you have the time, please check out my topic in the Inspirational Ideas section. Thankyou :)

11. Parser

Parser Hello

I've been working on LAD (Corpsemania edition) for a while now, I just haven't really had the time to do anything more with it. Basically, you have your normal zombies, then you have fire demons, ghosts, fleshers (those big guys that chuck gibs at you) plus other various beasties, and you have to survive for the time limit with a number of lives.

I may release it one of these days. :p

12. Artman40

Artman40 New Member

I hope that monsters will act similary to original Corpse Mania. I hope that there could be about 150 zombies at the same time...

13. jaf

jaf New Member

No, 450 will be enough! Ahh, the good old times.. lol i still remember playing my own modified version of DM-Crane (Modified?Nothing more that it has all the Weaponlord weapons in it) with a gazillion zombies to gib..

Hey, i did that too! *Crunch!* *gibs flying all over the place*

Me too

14. Ghost3021

Ghost3021 Registered Hobbit

if you dont make corpse mania for ut2k4, then i will! who's with me?(coders)

15. Parser

Parser Hello

I've made it. I just need to write a readme (shudder) and get it uploaded.. :(

16. Ghost3021

haha just write that u die and your body satys forever and that u worte it and to have fun...the prob will be uploading(which i know can be a pain on ANY ftp!)

17. jaf

jaf New Member

Is Corpsemania dead? Or this thread? Or perhaps both

18. Ghost3021

can i have it now? its been a month. :mad:

19. Artman40

Artman40 New Member

I love this in UT99 and I'd love to see it in UT2004. Here are some oldschool pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. -]RONO[-_666

-]RONO[-_666 New Member

Ah, the good old times...