about coding

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
After I screwed around with the code of an existing JBAddon, I wanted to compile it back using UCC MAKE. Unfortunately it doesn't do that, since all the references to other .u files are inside the JailBreak.u file. Therefore, my UCC can't compile my modified JBAddon. How do I compile it anyway?

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
lol

so easy. Already made 59 maps to compile all the contents of JailBreak.u seperately. Didn't work though. They were referring to eachother :B :B :B

btw, TY!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Ran into something else: I don't know many codes I should know to proceed with my work. Is there a place where I can quickly find them? Ex. GUI: I decompiled JBAddonProtection and saw JBGUIComponentTrackbar/Option and moCheckBox. I'd like to use a Textbox, but unfortunately, he can't find that one. How is it called or (preferred) where can I look it up?

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Small problem: The GUI of my addon is coming along. I've got a checkbox and a textbox (defined as moEditBox, don't ask me why). I coded the thing so that when you'd check the checkbox, the textbox will be enabled. Uncheck it, and the textbox will be disabled. That's not the prob. The prob is, that I'd like that when you use this addon for the first time, the checkbox is disabled. This works, but the textbox is still enabled. How do I disable it by default? I know the EnableComponent/DisableComponent command, but the defaultsettings won't take commands, only defenitions. My question: how do I disable the textbox? (by default or by looking whether the checkbox is checked or not)

Mychaeel

You could call DisableComponent in your panel's InitComponent function.

Alternatively, you could try setting "MenuState=MSAT_Disabled" in the defaultproperties section for your text box. I haven't seen that being done in any of the stock code (nor have I ever tried it myself), but it might work.

However, there must be some piece of code in your add-on which reflects the saved settings in the add-on's configuration interface (i.e. checks/unchecks the checkbox and fills the text box). You'd probably do that in InitComponent anyway, so that'd be the natural place to enable/disable the text box as well.